Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

POLL - Lawrie Wilson - Would you resign him?

Comments

• YES
    No brainer.
  • YES
    I'll say yes just because of how widely liked he is and I can imagine he'd be good in the dressing room. Do think we need more quality for a promotion push though.
  • YES
    Yes, should have won the POTY instead of Poyet imho.
  • edited May 2017
    YES
    Without a doubt... Wouldnt even hesitate to sign him, least we'd know what we're getting!!

People need to remember that he was a Championship player when he was with us and for the majority of the time he did a job for us... Now we only need him as a League One player
  • NO
    Hell no

I have never seen a man consistently make himself unavailable for a pass the way Lawrie did. Nice bloke off the pitch but he was so poor on it
  • YES
    When he first got into the team I thought he was shite. The period before he left I though he was actually alright.
  • YES
    All day long...!!!
  • YES

When he first got into the team I thought he was shite. The period before he left I though he was actually alright.

Might make a decent song that.
  • YES
    Yup. Provides good cover at Right Back, which we desperately need. Would also provide natural width on the right, along with that hardworking, "Defensive Winger" mentality. Plus, seems like a lovely chap who really liked his time here.

He's not the answer to all of our problems, but at this level, would be a shrewd signing.
  • YES
    Absolutely.
  • Sponsored links:

• YES
    Undoubtedly yes. Lawrie is proper Charlton and is an attacking full back which is exactly what we need.

Solly will do well to play half the games so between him & Wilson it's a good fit to me.

Both Solly & Wilson can also do a job in midfield.

Wilson is versatile, energetic and is good mates with Jacko, which will also help to bring some sort of team spirit to the club. We need a strong squad and he can be a part of it.
  • YES
    I think prior to joining us he played the no 10 role. Gobbo take note.
  • YES
    Voted yes, but suspect he'd be too good for the shitshow we have become.
  • YES
    Just typing to see if my vote comes up above my name...

Would be a good character to have in the team. Clearly has a good relationship with JJ and you would think he would have a positive influence on team morale.
  • NO
    NO .. decent player, but let's move on
  • YES
    He used to be shite but now he is all right!
  • NO
    Suspect @AFKABartram only created this poll to show off the new feature
  • NO

We've run polls for years! Thought it was about time we had one
  • NO

We've run polls for years! Thought it was about time we had one
    Not with the blue or red square though
  • YES
    Not too bothered either way but decent cover.
  • Sponsored links:

• YES
    Would love to see him return, you know he would put a shift in, and I like him with the ball at his feet.
  • I know it's a poll and not a discussion, but I really can't see why any players who were here when Duchatalet bought the club and witnessed the chaos and poor treatment of manager, players and non-playing staff would want to return, especially when I recall just how badly it affected Lawrie's confidence and performances.
  • YES
    If we had a decent owner and a competent CEO I would say no. Nothing at all against Lawrie but ideally we should be setting our sights higher. As it is, he will in all probability be a safer and better bet than who the muppets are likely to bring in.
  • YES
    Would have him back in a heartbeat
  • YES
    Was much better going forward than he was defensively, but I'd love to have him back.

Reminded me a little bit of John Robinson in his all-or-nothing type play as a winger
  • YES
    As long as he's still got the same attitude he had before, proper Charlton :)
  • YES
    LenGlover said:

We need good club men. League one is all about togetherness and Lawrie is a great squad man.

He can also play right midfield as well as right back. Holmes on the left and Lawrie on the right wouldn't be too shabby as my daughter would say in league one.

Won't happen though. Holmes is 99.99% recurring on his way and Wilson doesn't fit the Duchatelet template of foreign loser mercenary.

If you look at the players we've signed since being in L1, then (to be fair) our whole recruitment strategy has changed. Indeed since last summer every signing has basically either been British or from an English club.
  • YES
    Sort of 'cover' player we need, i'd pick him up in a heartbeat. The last few years we've needed players prepared to put in a shift and i've often said during the hard times let JJ pick the other 10 players he'd want to go to war with, Wilson would have been on his list i'm sure.
  • YES
    Yes, as others have already stated he would be perfect cover for Solly's 10 or so matches out injured.