Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What is our debt to Staprix going to be next quarter?

KM has to release the annual figures in next quarter - they were 38m last year - what will they be this year?

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/72082/we-owe-staprix-38m/p1

Comments

• £38m in the black probably now according to them!!
  • £46m in my opinion. I think that the income from fans will be down around a million to £2.5m. TV receipts will be down too. Salaries and overheads will be up by a million. Overall therfore the £5m loss will increase to £8m, taking the loan amount owed from £38 to £46m.
  • If it includes paying off slade and adding KR then 46.01m!
  • Plus all the interest on the debt
  • Some people say the debt is not really debt at all if Roland has debt to himself.
    My experience of debt is that there is a reckoning sometime or other but the story spun by the club is that it is 'Friendly debt' whatever that is.
    I can't believe Duchatelet is giving away his money to us, why would he?
  • @Airman Brown is usually good at explaining these in layman's terms I feel. I'd be interested to read what he thinks it will be
  • £0

Will be gone when we're sold
  • If Staprix demands repayment of the debt from CAFC then the club goes into Administration and new owners will purchase business for a song.

Therefore the loan is the softest of soft debt and the interest is the equivalent of a dividend if RD had injected as equity and not debt.

All in all it's irrelevant as we are skint and totally reliant on the monthly injection from Belgium!
  • Sponsored links:

• It will be whatever figure RD tells them.
  • edited December 2016
    seth plum said:

Some people say the debt is not really debt at all if Roland has debt to himself.
    My experience of debt is that there is a reckoning sometime or other but the story spun by the club is that it is 'Friendly debt' whatever that is.

If he was giving money away then he wouldn't be loading as debt, it would be put in as an investment surely? So I don't buy it either.

Unless of course, he thinks his deluded schemes and with Meire's amazing running of things, we'll end up in the Prem and the money can then be returned.
  • seth plum said:

Some people say the debt is not really debt at all if Roland has debt to himself.

RD may be many things but he is anything but "friendly" towards our club.
  • seth plum said:

• The accounts will only be for year ending June 2016. So will not show an money from transfers after that date.
  • Splodge said:

A friendly debt is the one Tony Bloom has to Brighton. He will invest until they reach the Prem and then once they do, take the money back without taking a penny more. Interest-free. Only pulling out the money once the club is in a healthy state with Premier League revenue

If anyone thinks RD is doing the same with CAFC, they are deluded.

Is Tony bloom not a lifelong Brighton fan though.
  • JonnyK said:

If Staprix demands repayment of the debt from CAFC then the club goes into Administration and new owners will purchase business for a song.

Therefore the loan is the softest of soft debt and the interest is the equivalent of a dividend if RD had injected as equity and not debt.

All in all it's irrelevant as we are skint and totally reliant on the monthly injection from Belgium!

But if the club goes onto Administration Douchbag will only get a small percentage of what he is owed.
    Better to sell the club at a realistic price.
    Having said that we are talking about a deluded fool
  • Really wouldn't be surprised if Katrien and Roland do a bit of 'window dressing' and show debt as lower than it was last time!

That would really stick it to the fans protesting, and supposedly show that Duchebag is investing for the better of Charlton!
  • Sponsored links:

• JonnyK said:

If Staprix demands repayment of the debt from CAFC then the club goes into Administration and new owners will purchase business for a song.

But if the club goes onto Administration Douchbag will only get a small percentage of what he is owed.
    Absolutely so that's why it is debt that is as soft as shite and taking away the personalities the club's financial situation is far better than so many other basket cases that reside in the modern day EFL.
  • sammy391 said:

Really wouldn't be surprised if Katrien and Roland do a bit of 'window dressing' and show debt as lower than it was last time!

That would really stick it to the fans protesting, and supposedly show that Duchebag is investing for the better of Charlton!

Dream on.
  • £50m at least, didn't manage to cash in on many players, was losing more than £1m a month last season.

Sad thing is whatever the figure is you can probably add even more to that by now, the sale of Lookman and a couple of others won't cover a years debt.

Plans going really well Mr D.....
  • Undisclosed?
  • Its getting close to when they have to tell us. They're clearly leaving it until after the Belgian protest - going to be one heck of a big number methinks.
  • JonnyK said:

JonnyK said:

Absolutely so that's why it is debt that is as soft as shite and taking away the personalities the club's financial situation is far better than so many other basket cases that reside in the modern day EFL.
    If the club goes into administration owing RD money and there is not an agreement with the creditors for a percentage of the debt to be written off the club gets liquidated and all the assets are sold (Sparrows Lane and The Valley) and the money raised from that is given to RD.

I can't speak for everyone else but I think that is an outrageously big gamble to take. This also assumes that the club changes hands for £0 otherwise what ever the price is is gone the second the club goes into administration.

The debt needs to be renegotiated when the sale takes place.

I think the debt will be about the same as since the last set of figures we have sold Cousins, Pope, Gudmunsson, Lookman and Fox. Even KM couldn't have wasted that, c. £15m in nine months.
  • edited February 2017

JonnyK said:

JonnyK said:

If the club goes into administration owing RD money and there is not an agreement with the creditors for a percentage of the debt to be written off the club gets liquidated and all the assets are sold (Sparrows Lane and The Valley) and the money raised from that is given to RD.

I can't speak for everyone else but I think that is an outrageously big gamble to take. This also assumes that the club changes hands for £0 otherwise what ever the price is is gone the second the club goes into administration.

The debt needs to be renegotiated when the sale takes place.

I think the debt will be about the same as since the last set of figures we have sold Cousins, Pope, Gudmunsson, Lookman and Fox. Even KM couldn't have wasted that, c. £15m in nine months.
    No. All these players were sold in 2016/17 - the accounts to be published are 15/16.

I would expect the sale of Cousins, Gudmundsson and Pope to be referenced as post-balance sheet events but they won't be in the annual accounts.

Also if the business is liquidated the first £7m goes to former directors. Their legal charge takes preference.
  • edited February 2017
    I think some are confusing administration with liquidation. There are significant differences. In the event of administration the administrators are obliged to try to sell a business as a going concern. They would try to get as much for it as possible. After their fees, Staprix would get maybe 50/60% of their money back.
    Assets would not be sold off separately unless a business is placed into either a members voluntary liquidation or a creditors liquidation. The latter would only happen if the club had not been meeting its debts as they fell due. The former only if RD requested it and he would be madder than he has already demonstrated himself to be if he took that option.
  • cafcfan said:

I think some are confusing administration with liquidation. There are significant differences.

Maybe you should explain for those that are confused.
  • RD is the only creditor and if he wants his money back he only needs to ensure the club does not owe any money to creditors and he can put the company into voluntary liquidation. He pays off the Staprix loan personally then sells all the club assets, pays off any special share classes and trousers the balance.

Administration would only happen if RD pulls the plug on new loans to cover losses so the club becomes insolvent and unable to pay wages etc, then as a creditor applies for Administration and the club gets sold to the highest bidder. RD is senile but not a complete lunatic.