Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What is our debt to Staprix going to be next quarter?

Comments

• Options

Is the £623k for staff restructuring Slade's pay off?

Surely that would be in 16/17 numbers?

It could be the payoff of any number of people before that.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    _MrDick said:

david2206 said:

Page 24 of report - £55.7m debt to Staprix, as l read it.

So, that's what the selling price is, I guess
    He'll be lucky, he wants to get rid before the situation gets even worse. He needs to lower his sights and write off the losses, he and his SMT have been totally responsible for.
  • Options

No that is for the Luzon etc. Slade's cost won't appear till next year.
  • Options
    Oh yeah silly me

So Luzon and Fraeye?
  • Options
    Does Mr.Gobby still think he'll be bringing in some new faces for pre-season training?
    I suggest anyone thinking of going over to Ireland to watch a few games that they take their boots and shin-pads with them, as they might be needed.
  • Options
    So, here's an alternative take on things and no doubt total bollox.

the business that is CAFC has no bank debt, owns a load of land in London, has a EFL franchise, can generate cash flow and has a regular output of young players it can sell. All
    Its debt is friendly debt and although it makes an operating loss, cash generation, capitalising interest and ready access to more friendly debt has taken care of that when needed (?). Sounds like quite a nice, solid business all in all.

The business of Stayprix makes increasing loans to an otherwise debt free, sound business that owns a load of land in London, has a EFL franchise, generates cash from normal operations and produces young footballers it can sell at a profit. Fairly low risk lending on the whole. It probably receives a profitable margin on the interest rate it charges over the one it has to pay on its borrowings to fund its loans to CAFC. It also probably has to capitalise that interest into further loans but that just increases the potential for further profits it can book and as long as the valuation of the otherwise debt free CAFC appears to be able to underpin it, and let's face it there are always rumours of willing buyers, then there's no need to call the debt in. Increasing the debt once it reaches a certain level might have to slow down for the time being but a few cash generating player sales might help that out.

The net outcome of the two businesses could possibly be showing a profit, which in turn could underpin another business for instance and therefore there probably may be no urgency to sell any time soon.

As I said, all total bollox.
  • Options

It's a combination of all those lying bitter ex-employees.
  • Options

the business that is CAFC has no bank debt, owns a load of land in London, has a EFL franchise, can generate cash flow and has a regular output of young players it can sell. All
    Its debt is friendly debt and although it makes an operating loss, cash generation, capitalising interest and ready access to more friendly debt has taken care of that when needed (?). Sounds like quite a nice, solid business all in all.

The business of Stayprix makes increasing loans to an otherwise debt free, sound business that owns a load of land in London, has a EFL franchise, generates cash from normal operations and produces young footballers it can sell at a profit. Fairly low risk lending on the whole. It probably receives a profitable margin on the interest rate it charges over the one it has to pay on its borrowings to fund its loans to CAFC. It also probably has to capitalise that interest into further loans but that just increases the potential for further profits it can book and as long as the valuation of the otherwise debt free CAFC appears to be able to underpin it, and let's face it there are always rumours of willing buyers, then there's no need to call the debt in. Increasing the debt once it reaches a certain level might have to slow down for the time being but a few cash generating player sales might help that out.

The net outcome of the two businesses could possibly be showing a profit, which in turn could underpin another business for instance and therefore there probably may be no urgency to sell any time soon.

For once I agree with you. Total bollocks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2017

No doubt it is and I bow to your better understanding of these things but I don't buy in to the common view on here that a guy who is smart enough to amass a fortune generally said on this site to be around £400 to £500 million (?) from his business dealings has got it so wrong with his purchase of Charlton. Good businessmen do have a history of getting it badly wrong when they buy a football club but in this case Charlton wasnt the first club he has owned. He would have known exactly what he was getting in to when he bought Charlton. There surely must be another angle, isnt there ?
    He didn't seem to know about the charges (Debentures) over the land in respect of the former directors loans did he?.......... Back to ignore mode.
  • Options

There's no urgency to sell other than the fact that he's spent 10% of his £650M fortune on Charlton in 3 years.
    Has he spent it or has he invested it and booking a return on his investment ?
  • Options

No doubt it is and I bow to your better understanding of these things but I don't buy in to the common view on here that a guy who is smart enough to amass a fortune generally said on this site to be around £400 to £500 million (?) from his business dealings has got it so wrong with his purchase of Charlton. Good businessmen do have a history of getting it badly wrong when they buy a football club but in this case Charlton wasnt the first club he has owned. He would have known exactly what he was getting in to when he bought Charlton. There surely must be another angle, isnt there ?
    He didn't amass a fortune on football clubs.

He is rapidly losing his fortune on a business that he does not and will not even try to understand. A fool and his money ..
  • Options

He didn't amass a fortune on football clubs.

He is rapidly losing his fortune on a business that he does not and will not even try to understand. A fool and his money ..
    I wish I was that foolish to have amassed as much money as him...
  • Options
    edited March 2017

I suspect he inherited a big chunk of his fortune. It's what would have allowed him the freedom to buy into the semiconductor business (which may already have been relatively successful) and fail at both politics and football
  • Options
    I just can't imagine why he employs her.
  • Options
    There is probably no bank debt because the banks concerned insisted on it being repaid given the general state of the finances. You could of course interpret this differently if you are in the habit of finding silver linings to very dark clouds.

• Options

I suspect he inherited a big chunk of his fortune. It's what would have allowed him the freedom to buy into the semiconductor business (which may already have been relatively successful) and fail at both politics and football
    He made most of his money from patents.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Could that be his problem, though ?

The business model for operating Standard in the Belgium top league must be a world apart from Charlton in the Championship. Standard were almost guaranteed Champions League income for a start.
  • Options
    Loved the stated assumption in the accounts that the loans to Murray et al have been valued on the basis that it will only take 2 years to get back into the Premier League.

And of course Katrien receives no emoluments whatsoever from her services as a director - this may well be what we all think she deserves, but I really don't think she understands what the law (i.e. the Companies Act) says on this matter.

The description of the basis of valuation of Sparrow Lane is of course gobbledegook and contradictory - it has all the signs that it may have been cobbled together at the last moment to fill the hole in the accounts, and to offer something tempting to possible purchasers/asset strippers.
  • Options
    out of interest, do we know who owns Staprix, where it's registered, whether it publishes accounts (and as at what date) and whether it's part of a wider group that publishes accounts at a different year end to CAFC ?
  • Options

He didn't know though did he? He had no understanding of the level of player or manager/coach required, the value of proven players (rather than just the cost) or the importance of stability. He put a bizarre amount of trust into young people with no relevant experience (such as KM and Driesen) and has ideas around what football is about that are completely different when compared to most Charlton fans.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Patents for what? Genuine question.

Would be fitting, as I've always thought there was a touch of The Man Who Fell To Earth about Roland
  • Options

stonemuse said:

Patents for what? Genuine question.

Would be fitting, as I've always thought there was a touch of The Man Who Fell To Earth about Roland
    Micro electronics including temperature control systems
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

£50m at least, didn't manage to cash in on many players, was losing more than £1m a month last season.

Sad thing is whatever the figure is you can probably add even more to that by now, the sale of Lookman and a couple of others won't cover a years debt.

Plans going really well Mr D.....

I was close, £55.652m actual.

He's been helped I suspect by exchange rate though. 55m pounds is circa 63m euro's, not long ago that would have been 77m euro's. Maybe it's all been an FX bet :wink:
  • Options

There's no urgency to sell other than the fact that he's spent 10% of his £650M fortune on Charlton in 3 years.
    You're insane, how can he possibly make a profit.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

You're insane, how can he possibly make a profit.
    Possibly, possibly not, I'm not qualified to comment but I do support Charlton so I've long suspected something may not be quite right.

Stu - aren't you in China ? How do the lenders to the builders that have put up those new uninhabited 'cities' we read about treat their loans ? Do they completely write them off and wipe out their own capital or do they capitalise any interest and keep the loans ticking over until the day comes when all the tower blocks etc are sold ?