Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comedians that are just not funny

Comments

• Russell Brand just awful

as a comedian, perhaps, but as a philosopher?
    If Russell brand is classed as a philosopher these days then humanity really is on its last dregs. The guy is the walking definition of a wanker.
    just to be clear, I think he's a cock too
  • I agree but he has done it with Katy Perry.
  • Karl Robinson
  • Adil Ray.

Embarrassing - there were less stereotypes on It Ain't Half Hot Mum
  • IdleHans said:

Paddy McGuinness

Is he even a comedian?

This, just a jumped up northerner.
  • Lee Mack is the only comedian I find funny.

He is quality
  • L E N N Y H E N R Y

Always amazes me how quick witted he is.
  • Fumbluff said:

L E N N Y H E N R Y

Sir......
  • Sponsored links:

His stand up bit about being so cockney it hurts is unreal.

His stand up bit about being so cockney it hurts is unreal.
    Got to be one of the best bits of stand up comedy ever!
  • Missed It said:

Michael McIntyre - saying it louder doesn't make it funny
    Sarah Millican - one joke, cake
    Chris Addison - can't abide his snide, snarky, smug liberal superiority
    Frankie Boyle - I can see why some people find him funny but he's about three steps over my 'too far' line usually
    Milton Jones - tiresome contrived schtick

I agree with Frankie Boyle not being funny! His stand up is horrible to watch and hear! But his ok on mock the week coz they sencer him! Bit I like the others on your list
  • John farkin Bishop
  • CAFCsayer said:

Just Watched Lee Mack thanks to this... In tears!

Watching 'Would I lie To You' an all, he's quality in that
  • Just about every female comedian. Victoria Wood (RIP) was the only one that ever amused me. None of them sound natural. I'm sure there are exceptions out there and please post a reply if you can name one.
  • Just about every female comedian. Victoria Wood (RIP) was the only one that ever amused me. None of them sound natural. I'm sure there are exceptions out there and please post a reply if you can name one.

Joan Rivers was quite funny

Joan Rivers was quite funny
    Also see Tina Fey, Amy schumer....

Have definitely laughed a lot at both.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jason Manford is another one that makes me wanna kick the tv in. Basically any comedian that does adverts or any of those shite tv panel shows.
  • There's a world of difference between stand up comedy and panel show comedy. Ed Byrne is a classic example of this, hilarious on Mock the Week but his stand-up is very ordinary. Chris Addison the same. So few of the younger panel comics seem to have to serve their apprenticeships at the clubs these days.

There are some better female comics out there these days. Aisling Bea's stand up often makes me laugh, and Kerry Godliman did a funny set on Apollo recently.

That said, Kathryn Ryan, Miranda Hart, Sheppi Korsandi...

As for the fellas, Frankie Boyle is just tiresome, Tommy Tiernan just unfunny, Nish Kumar nah.

But how Jack Whitehall is getting off scot free is beyond me. Not funny in any format.
  • Micky Flanagan

There you have it. Controversial I know.
  • Ricky Gervais the most unfunny person in the world
  • Micky Flanagan

There you have it. Controversial I know.

I watched him the other night for the first time and while I did chuckle a few times, I did wonder what all the fuss has been about.

Don't like his stand-up at all. To be fair to him, he's a writer by trade and only got into stand-up after having huge success as a writer. It's usually the other way around.

I've only heard Nish Kumar on The Bugle with Andy Zalzman, and I think he's hilarious. I'll have to check out his stand-up as he's gotten a couple of poor ratings on here.

Can we also have a good/underrated comedians list?

Yes.....his stand up stuff isn't much cop.....but is that really his fort aye, obviously not.
    He is a terrific comedy actor....as was Tony Hancock, is John Cleese and umpteen artists of their ilk.....all are very funny but not at stand up.
    Stand up and comedy acting are two very different art forms.....rarely, if ever, do artistes manage the leap between the two.
    In my opinion, many of the names mentioned are(as a result),being unfairly criticised.
  • edited December 2016
    James corden, if he even counts as a comedian
  • James corden, if he even counts as a comedian

100%