Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

UFC Thread

Comments

• edited July 2015
    Senpai said:

Good win for McGregor, but what a fantastic under card. The Robbie Lawler / Rory MacDonald fight was absolutely brutal and one of the best i have ever seen.

I just watched the Lawler v MacDonald fight. That was the best UFC fight this year. I don't know how MacDonald carried on with his face so mashed up?
    Dana White said MacDOnald didn't know what year it was after the fight. There are some very brutal photos knocking about of his nose.

Also have you seen Lawler's lip?
    mmajunkie.com/2015/07/didnt-see-these-photos-of-robbie-lawlers-split-lip-consider-yourself-lucky

Not for the squeamish.
  • edited February 2016
    Another fighter bottles it after months of giving it big spuds. Wonder who they can get to fight mgcregor at this notice ?
  • anyone on here going to the 02 saturday?.
  • Khabib pretty please. Give him someone tricky who could potentially beat him (definitely on his floor game). Not Diaz, be a waste of time.
  • shine166 said:

Another fighter bottles it after months of giving it big spuds. Wonder who they can get to fight mgcregor at this notice ?

Breaking your foot is hardly bottling it.
  • colthe3rd said:

shine166 said:

Don't put yourself in position to break ur foot, one week before the fight then. How broken is the foot too ? It's all relative.

• shine166 said:

colthe3rd said:

shine166 said:

Don't put yourself in position to break ur foot, one week before the fight then. How broken is the foot too ? It's all relative.

Tbf he did it last Friday so that's two weeks before the fight. You're sort of contradicting yourself, of course it's all relative in which case I don't think anyone apart from those involved can really comment on it. Although a broken foot is generally never a good thing especially in MMA and you definitely don't want to be going into the biggest fight of your career with anything broken. RDA (as far as I can remember) doesn't really have a history of pulling out of fights and given this is going to be the biggest payday of his career it's hard to see him pulling out unless something was seriously wrong.

That said the Brazilians to have a reputation of sparring hard and of course there's all the drug stuff, if that's the case then obviously he's a dick and deserves the abuse. But as we don't know and the official line is broken foot I think we have to go with it. It's disappointing but shit happens.
  • anyone on here going to the 02 saturday?.

I stupidly didn't get tickets (long story) but really want to go now. Anyone hears of a couple going spare post them up here, I'll take them.
  • shine166 said:

colthe3rd said:

shine166 said:

Stop drinking McGreggor's cool aid.
  • shine166 said:

colthe3rd said:

shine166 said:

Stop drinking McGreggor's cool aid.

Nah, it's nice to jump on a winning bandwagon for once.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nate Diaz confirmed. And they fighting at 170. Dis gon be good.

Whatever you say about his opponents Conor definitely has the balls. Apparently Diaz saying he was worried about the weight cut so ufc offered fight at 165, conor then comes back and says let's do it at 170.
  • McGregor will light Diaz up like a Christmas tree. Diaz is tailor made for McGregor's style.
  • Dos Anjos foot picture now on twitter. Does look a bit broken if you ask me.

• Like I said RDA doesn't pull out usually and why give up that pay day? Some were talking about him getting 5m for this fight. Aldo last year I had suspicious about but this time seems genuine.

McGregor will light Diaz up like a Christmas tree. Diaz is tailor made for McGregor's style.

Agree, but the trash talk should be brilliant and the fight should be a stand up war. From the disappointment of yesterday afternoon I'm excited again.
  • McGregor will light Diaz up like a Christmas tree. Diaz is tailor made for McGregor's style.

Agreed. Shame there hasn't been time to build up the Diaz fight as the war of words will be better than the fight.

Do you think a fully trained Chad Mendez beats McGreggor? Saying he hits like a bitch is a bit silly after Connor's face was busted up.
  • colthe3rd said:

Like I said RDA doesn't pull out usually and why give up that pay day? Some were talking about him getting 5m for this fight. Aldo last year I had suspicious about but this time seems genuine.

McGregor will light Diaz up like a Christmas tree. Diaz is tailor made for McGregor's style.

Agree, but the trash talk should be brilliant and the fight should be a stand up war. From the disappointment of yesterday afternoon I'm excited again.
    Cerrone would have been another that suits McGreogor's style.

As and when Conor wins, the ususal 'only two weeks camp' issue will raise it's head again as it did with Mendes (although with Mendes primarily being a wrestler then he'd need a longer camp than someone like Diaz would).

Re RDA, I'm surprised he's been allowed to train that intensely so close to the fight. I get that he's a devastating kicker but he was never going to gain any more power in that two week period. I still smell a rat. A rat on PED's :wink:

Agreed. Shame there hasn't been time to build up the Diaz fight as the war of words will be better than the fight.

Do you think a fully trained Chad Mendez beats McGreggor? Saying he hits like a bitch is a bit silly after Connor's face was busted up.
    I wouldn't say his was busted up. Mendes threw everything he had at McGregor and McGregor got up and laughed at him. Even when Mendes was driving elbows into McGregor's face when on his back he was still sh*t talking to him.

Most pro's interviewed about it have said that they've never seen anyone take Mendes' best shots and, effectively, walk through them.

McGregor beats everyone at 145 and possibly the same at 155, but that's yet to be seen.

I wouldn't say his was busted up. Mendes threw everything he had at McGregor and McGregor got up and laughed at him. Even when Mendes was driving elbows into McGregor's face when on his back he was still sh*t talking to him.

Most pro's interviewed about it have said that they've never seen anyone take Mendes' best shots and, effectively, walk through them.

McGregor beats everyone at 145 and possibly the same at 155, but that's yet to be seen.
    I think Khabib Nurmagomedov, Benson Henderson & possibly Alverez could grind out a win against McGregor. Still think he would beat Cerrone & Diaz although I think Diaz is the tougher fight for him.

What do I know I think Bisping will win at the weekend!
  • On the Mendes thing, it's not exactly true to say he only had 2 weeks notice. Sure he only found out then but he was training in preparation for Aldo pulling out partly because most knew it was likely and the UFC also told him to be ready. Of course mentally it's quite one thing to go from potentially fighting to actually fighting but I wouldn't necessarily expect a different outcome had he had longer to prepare.
  • they are a pair of fannys anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• they are a pair of fannys anyway.

Still trying for a nibble mate, keep going you'll hook someone soon, I'm sure.....
  • Greenie said:

they are a pair of fannys anyway.

Still trying for a nibble mate, keep going you'll hook someone soon, I'm sure.....
    ? i wasnt aware id been fishing
  • colthe3rd said:

On the Mendes thing, it's not exactly true to say he only had 2 weeks notice. Sure he only found out then but he was training in preparation for Aldo pulling out partly because most knew it was likely and the UFC also told him to be ready. Of course mentally it's quite one thing to go from potentially fighting to actually fighting but I wouldn't necessarily expect a different outcome had he had longer to prepare.

Agree with this, my guess is that when the McGregor / Anjos fight was announced Diaz was probably told that he would be in for a shout if Anjos drops out. Diaz fought only two months ago and as a professional fighter should have maintained a certain degree of fitness. Should be no excuses about accepting the fight late if he gets his arse kicked.

A lot of that is down to McGreggors mind games, which are something else. Perhaps RDA over trained due to wanting to beat McGreggor that badly?

As for not being busted up, are you sure? If he didn't slip up the submission attempt or kept pounding him the fight was won. Still, all ifs and buts.
  • Press conference at 9pm tonight. Even Nick is going to be there. This could be good fun.
  • Waste of time with Diaz. Should have been Khabib, he has real talent and something that could outdo McGregor.
  • colthe3rd said:

Nate Diaz confirmed. And they fighting at 170. Dis gon be good.

Whatever you say about his opponents Conor definitely has the balls. Apparently Diaz saying he was worried about the weight cut so ufc offered fight at 165, conor then comes back and says let's do it at 170.

A journo close to the McGregor camp reckons he walks around at about 177, so he'll still have to cut a bit to even make that.
  • colthe3rd said:

Nate Diaz confirmed. And they fighting at 170. Dis gon be good.

A journo close to the McGregor camp reckons he walks around at about 177, so he'll still have to cut a bit to even make that.
    Well given he was going to fight at 155 and is the 145 champ I don't think it's a problem. In fact as he usually looks like an aids patient at 145 weigh in this should be a benefit.
  • An advert free version. Predictably entertaining.

https://youtu.be/Bi5vHt57TTA