Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UFC Thread

Comments

• Options
    209 can't throw
  • Options
    Unbelievable that Connor is getting credit for something Diaz initiated. I doubt this will increase buy rates a lot of hardcore fans are put off by this sort of wrestling pantomime.
  • Options
    There's no money in hardcore fans, the money is in the wwe style hits
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

It was Diaz who threw the first bottle of water on his way out. Several videos out there, showing that this is what Conor reacted to. Diaz walked when McGregor started talking about a 3rd fight definitely happening...not sure why that would trigger a walkout though.

Diaz walked when his brother signalled from the back for him to leave.
  • Options
    I just can't wait for this shit to be over. My worry is it won't be, win or lose I can't see Conor defending the FW belt. I also think that if it isn't Nate then it'll be the next one on the list they can make a beef with and turn it into a grudge match.
  • Options
    Diaz will win and then go on to face GSP.

Get the feeling the UFC is a bit sick of Conor's antics (Dana was visibly annoyed when he was late to the press conference) and will be happy to see his stock drop a little. Can always drop down to Featherweight and make decent money there losing to Aldo.
  • Options
    Oh he's massively fed up with him but he's probably the only cash cow they have at the moment with no Ronda or Bones. They probably let him get away with too much before and so put him in his place for 200. The problem for Conor is if he loses this. He has no option but to drop down to 145. The he either defends successfully against Aldo and then there's no point staying at that weight with little else to trouble him. If he loses then that's quite a big fall from grace and will no longer be the draw he was.
  • Options
    Diaz has won the mind games. I'm in shock!

https://youtu.be/YZr_nRb1XWg
  • Options
    What a fight. Every round was a classic.
  • Options
    Was impressed with how Conor clearly hadn't lost the mind games and didn't get drawn into the Diaz bullshit - not jumping on him when he put him down or rising to the finger and the pointing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes a very disaplined fight from McGregor, good tactics with the leg kicks.

Great fight I had it one round to Diaz but can see why a judge would have given it by a round to McGregor which coinsidently sets up a money spinning third match!
  • Options
    I had it ever so slightly Diaz but can't really argue with the decision. Please finish with this stuff now. Go back to title fights and leave this fake grudge stuff to WWE.
  • Options
    Someone has posted the judges cards on Twitter - the 47-47 judge gave the third round 10-8 to Diaz which I think was a bit harsh on McGregor, particularly as he only gave 10-9 to McGregor for rounds 1&2 when he dropped him. If the 3rd is at 155, you'd think that would favour Conor given the power to size difference. I was hoping Conor might be on the NY card but If he has broken his foot then I guess that's unlikely
  • Options
    Well that was brutal.
  • Options
    MMA judges have been told to not be so tight with awarding 10-8 rounds so it's not a surprise. Diaz was clearly the aggressor in that round and Conor did little. I wouldn't have scored it that way but it's not a huge shock either.
  • Options
    Amazing fight, absolutely brutal.

McGregor just edging it for me, better boxer and more knockdowns. Round 4 was huge, didn't think Mcgregor was going to last after the end of round 3 but he pulled it round.
  • Options
    Really enjoyed that fight. Edge of the seat stuff!
  • Options
    McGregor is a class fighter, a true champion.

He had the nouse to concede he could not win a street brawl with Diaz so fought a totally different fight to what Diaz expected, the use of the leg kicks was very smart and camouflaged that brutal left hook Conor has really effectively.

This is what great champions do, they find a way to win, and Conor took his loss from last time, learnt from it and came again.
  • Options
    McGregor had 3 knockdowns but only Diaz looked like he'd have ended that fight (hence the 10-8 in the 3rd).

Had it one round to McGregor in the end (1,2,4 and 5 a draw), fought a very intelligent fight in the first two rounds completely stifling Diaz's attacks. Then made it through the adversity in round 3 by the skin of his teeth and managed to block those takedown attempts in the final round.

McGregor v Aldo next I imagine. Then back for Conor v Diaz 3. That fight will be massive when it happens.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watched it twice now and have proven myself right, CM won round 1,2,4 and 5. If you know your boxing you can see CM was the much better fighter, landed hard and sound shots throughout. Can't believe all this bollocks that ND won this fight, do these people know anything about boxing?
  • Options
    You know it wasn't boxing?

I think how you score 2 is the pivotal scoring round. Diaz won 3 and 5 & Mac 1 and a remarkable comeback to win round 4. It is important to tempter this is MMA you don't automatically win the round 10-9 for a knock down but I will factor into the judges scoring. I honestly could care about the result it was a great fight... We have be blessed with some other great main event fights this year lawler v condit and bisping v silva spring to mind but this is another classic.
  • Options
    Jayajosh said:

Watched it twice now and have proven myself right, CM won round 1,2,4 and 5. If you know your boxing you can see CM was the much better fighter, landed hard and sound shots throughout. Can't believe all this bollocks that ND won this fight, do these people know anything about boxing?

Boxing lol! Personally I see walking away as more of a sign of lossing than a flash knock down, especailly as Diaz wanted to engage on the ground, Conor smart enough to not take up the invitation. Great boxing from Conor though, the accuracy of his punches were ridiculous and I was also impressed with his takedown defence. An Aldo rematch will be good but not as good as this morning, McGreggor wins it easily IMO.

CM Punk to debut soon so the circus isn't over yet.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Yeah of course it's MMA, I'm a brown Belt kick boxing myself. I'm referring to boxing in the context of how the fight actually turned out, two warriors slugging it out on their feet, the fight went to the ground only once in the 5th for 10 seconds. ND face got ripped apart and CM got covered in a lot of blood that wasn't his own. I studied the fight closely a second time and I don't think it's as close as some think. Great fight without doubt but CM does need to improve his cardio massively.
  • Options
    Conor won the fight fair and square close fight granted but it was not in doubt and never was from the day it was announced
  • Options

Conor won the fight fair and square close fight granted but it was not in doubt and never was from the day it was announced

That might be taking it a bit far!
  • Options
    Why, this has been a trilogy fight from the second nate won, there was no way conor wasn't going to win, his first fight was all errors on his behalf, he under estimated Diaz, he didn't take him seriously enough and rightly he lost,

From that second onwards it's been about redemption and beating him, Connor can't leave it at 1 all it detracts from the i am the greatest there is portrayal

The trilogy was born,
  • Options
    There was a couple of moments Nate was very close to finishing it. Fair play to Conor hanging on but to say the result was never in doubt even before the fight happened shows a complete misunderstanding of MMA and complete disrespect to Nate Diaz.
  • Options
    CM got $3m purse and Diaz $2m for a non title fight! No.3 is guaranteed and they will both bank considerably more.
    CM got $1m in his previous fight against Diaz so you can see how much the hype has increased their purses.