Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Netflix

Ok. So I've got Netflix but I seem to spend more time deciding what to watch than I actually do watching Anything!

I've just finished Making A Murderer which was brilliant. Well wortth a watch if you haven't seen it.

Can anyone recommend any series on there worth a watch? I'm sure there's loads but I can't decide so need some help!

Comments

• For me prison break was my favourite, also enjoyed breaking bad, 24 and currently a fair way in to Homeland. All worth a watch.
  • Louis Theroux
    Cowspiracy
    Blackfish
    American horror story
    Sons of anarchy
  • Drama: Fargo, Narcos, Homeland (first couple of seasons).

Comedy: Archer, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Trailer Park Boys.

I also strongly recommend to everyone a somewhat hidden, documentary film called Virunga:

A group of brave individuals risk their lives to save the last of the world's mountain gorillas; in the midst of renewed civil war and a scramble for Congo's natural resources.
  • We recently started House of Cards which is brilliant - pencil in a couple of hours and watch the first few episodes in one go and you'll be hooked.
  • RedPanda said:

Homeland (first couple of seasons).

Agree. I quickly lost interest in season 3 and never gained enough back to finish it. Shame, as the first two were brilliant.....

• RedPanda said:

Drama: Fargo, Narcos, Homeland (first couple of seasons).

I also strongly recommend to everyone a somewhat hidden, documentary film called Virunga:

A group of brave individuals risk their lives to save the last of the world's mountain gorillas; in the midst of renewed civil war and a scramble for Congo's natural resources.

Sunny in Philadelphia is probably my favourite comedy of all time.
  • This is one of the best films on the Afghan problem, its a true story and its British made. Top draw.

http://kajakimovie.com/about/
  • se9addick said:

We recently started House of Cards which is brilliant - pencil in a couple of hours and watch the first few episodes in one go and you'll be hooked.

Or watch the UK version which is shorter and even better
  • Sponsored links:

• Better Call Saul and Orange is the New Black are both on Netflix and excellent!
  • edited January 2016
    Homeland and Jessica Jones two of the best series I've watched.

Season 4 of Homeland is fantastic.
  • In addition to some of the ones already mentioned, I have just finished watching and really enjoyed 4 series of The Killing. Recommended
  • edited January 2016
    House Of Cards
    Prison Break
    Breaking Bad
    Better Call Saul
    It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
    Orphan Black
    Suits
    Orange Is The New Black
    Homeland
  • Lillyhammer ,better call Saul.
  • edited January 2016
    Sons of Anarchy
    Breaking Bad
    House of Cards
    Prison Break
    Narcos
    Better Call Saul
  • Narcos

It's always Sunny

Orange is the New Black

• RedPanda said:

Drama: Fargo, Narcos, Homeland (first couple of seasons).

Archer is as mad as a bag of ferrets but hilarious and well worth dipping into now and again.
  • edited January 2016
    Daredevil and Jessica Jones are awesome, even for non-comic book fans. Daredevil is the reason why I sign up with them. Fargo, Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul (hence the name) should definitely be on the list. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is quirky and fun. Not had much time to delve to much into the Netflix catalogue fully but I'm working on it.

There's some really innovative and interesting things coming out of them at the moment. Their Netflix Original stuff reminds me a lot of the HBO model.

I just wish there was more time. There's never enough time.
  • Not watched Narcos yet but heard lots of good things about it.

House of Cards is excellent, especially the first 2 series.

Archer is great, Breaking Bad is too well known to count as a recommendation, but its brilliant none-the-less.

One I'm currently watching is Master of None. Its a more gentle, subtle comedy but is very good. The second episode about parents and their ungrateful children is brilliant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks everyone. That should keep me going for about 5 years!!!
  • The Watchmakers Apprentice. Documentary about George Daniels the best watchmaker of his time and maybe of all time who designed the first new escapement for 200 years and Roger Smith who may be even better. He (Smith), has improved Daniels coaxial escapement. Both English and both incredibly skilled.
    Seriously these men make the likes of Rolex look as good as Beko washing machine.
  • Haven't looked at it yet, but was looking at getting the Amazon fire stick. I take it that Netflix is a subscription channel. Is that right?
  • TelMc32 said:

Haven't looked at it yet, but was looking at getting the Amazon fire stick. I take it that Netflix is a subscription channel. Is that right?

Yes, I think it's 8.99 a month. Its very good value for the amount of content on there and they are increasingly adding good shows that are only available through Netflix.
  • edited January 2016

TelMc32 said:

Haven't looked at it yet, but was looking at getting the Amazon fire stick. I take it that Netflix is a subscription channel. Is that right?

Yes, I think it's 8.99 a month. Its very good value for the amount of content on there and they are increasingly adding good shows that are only available through Netflix.
    Am I right in thinking, that if you have a smart TV, you don't need the AFS? Also if you sign up to Amazon prime, you get Amazon TV also.
  • TelMc32 said:

Am I right in thinking, that if you have a smart TV, you don't need the AFS? Also if you sing up to Amazon prime, you get Amazon TV also.
    Don't know about Amazon Prime, but I'd be surprised if there are any smart TVs out there that don't come with a Netflix App. We watch it through our Samsung smart TV.
  • While we're on the topic, can someone tell me if they're still making homeland? Started watching with no knowledge of the show and have avoided any research about it to avoid spoilers.
  • While we're on the topic, can someone tell me if they're still making homeland? Started watching with no knowledge of the show and have avoided any research about it to avoid spoilers.

Must resist, must resist...
  • Turns out Claire Danes is a ghost and Damian Lewis can see dead people.
  • Bojack horseman is one of the best cartoons I've seen. More of a dramedy than a comedy and is so realistic for a cartoon about a humanoid horse. Highly recommended and keep with it for a couple/few episodes.