Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Netflix

Comments

• I read an article the other week which led me to the attached file. Using the "Genre Codes", you'll be able to browse in Netflix and easily find films and TV shows which match your likes.
  • Sorry, didn't work.......2nd attempt..........I'm not very techy :blush:
  • Brooklyn 99. Surprisingly hilarious
  • They just launched in Hong Kong and they don't even have House of Cards because they sold it to a Chinese channel. Ridiculous.

Making a Murderer is probably the most gripping show I've ever watched. It's such a shame that the ending has been spoiled by reading a thread on here. What was I thinking?
  • They are talking about restricting VPN access, that would suck.

Having access to any version of netflix really is amazing.
  • In addition to some of the ones already mentioned, I have just finished watching and really enjoyed 4 series of The Killing. Recommended

Surprised it got a mention! It's such an underrated series and not many people seem to have even heard of it. I watched all four seasons in one month last year (my fastest record) and absolutely loved it. It's since become one of my all-time favorite series. I personally think it should have got as big as the likes of True Detective. What a shame. I was actually very sad when I got to the end of the series as I liked Linden and Holder so much. I'm glad that both Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman have gone on to work in bigger series and films.

LOL. I knew you would bring that up. :smiley:
  • TelMc32 said:

Haven't looked at it yet, but was looking at getting the Amazon fire stick. I take it that Netflix is a subscription channel. Is that right?

If you get a fire stick then just load kodi onto it and you'll get everything netflix has to offer and more for free.
  • Homeland is superb. I agree they could of ditched series 3 but the rest are great

LOL. I knew you would bring that up. :smiley:
    If they do it, I may have to leave China.
  • Sponsored links:

• Really enjoyed Dexter.

Different shows for different folks. Here at Castle AA we found it a surprisingly unfunny comedy.
  • agim said:

Homeland is superb. I agree they could of ditched series 3 but the rest are great

1 was good, 2 was flogging a dead horse, 3 was dire, gave up at that point until the latest series on terrestial (C4?) which is back up there.

Stewart said:

Really enjoyed Dexter.

last couple of series were doo doo.
  • I'm still not really sure what Netflix is #gettingold
  • I'm still not really sure what Netflix is #gettingold

It's what stops you having to communicate with your other half once the kids go to sleep.

#marriagesaver
  • With Netflix do you have to pay for content in addition to the monthly subscription? With Amazon Prime TV you do. For example seasons 1-5 of Mad Men are free, seasons 6-7 are about £12 each. Which is why we will soon be cancelling it!
  • With Netflix do you have to pay for content in addition to the monthly subscription? With Amazon Prime TV you do. For example seasons 1-5 of Mad Men are free, seasons 6-7 are about £12 each. Which is why we will soon be cancelling it!

Nope, at the moment, at least, you get access to all the Netflix content (available in your region) for your monthly subscription.

There are some really good TV shows, although some of the most recent seasons may not have shown up yet. The selection of TV shows is better than the films selection, although that is improving (at least in Canada) and there are some less well known gems on there and older classics.

Nope, at the moment, at least, you get access to all the Netflix content (available in your region) for your monthly subscription.

There are some really good TV shows, although some of the most recent seasons may not have shown up yet. The selection of TV shows is better than the films selection, although that is improving (at least in Canada) and there are some less well known gems on there and older classics.

Or, you be an absolute genius like me, get a mate to log on to his when he's round (no, not for that) and leech off his for the rest of your life.
  • edited January 2016
    I'm really surprised Netflix doesn't accounts to one person each like Sky Go
  • Sponsored links:

• I've only just found out that "Netflix and Chill" means having sex.
  • I'm really surprised Netflix doesn't accounts to one person each like Sky Go

I suspect it'll come, I suppose to begin with at least they didn't want to place too much restriction on what people can and can;t do while they were trying to win market share. Sky probably feels secure enough its market to be a bit more restrictive. Doesn't stop me using an VPN and someone else's login to watch Sky from Canada though. Take that Murdoch!
  • I'm really surprised Netflix doesn't accounts to one person each like Sky Go

I suspect it'll come, I suppose to begin with at least they didn't want to place too much restriction on what people can and can;t do while they were trying to win market share. Sky probably feels secure enough its market to be a bit more restrictive. Doesn't stop me using an VPN and someone else's login to watch Sky from Canada though. Take that Murdoch!
    Netflix took the stance that if you share your log in with other people, they will eventually decide to get Netflix themselves. I'm not sure how long it's been in play, but while they don't have a device limit, they only allow 2 to 4 people concurrently now, depending on your deal.

Sky, meanwhile, were tied up by studios very early on in the online streaming process (long before Netflix were here). Studios put a lot of restrictions on what Sky could do with SkyID, and that hasn't changed much in the intervening years.

Netflix, by comparison, have been much more lax. They've all-but encouraged people to use VPNs to access content not available in their area, something they're only just starting to do something about.

Also, Murdoch has sweet fuck all to do with anything at Sky these days. By all means, stick it to the man, just... pick the right man.
  • edited January 2016
    'Trophy kids' is shameful.

America at its worse.
  • Here are a few of my recommendations:

TV/Netflix Originals

Blue Mountain State
    Narcos
    Dare Devil
    Jessica Jones
    Archer
    Brooklyn Nine-Nine
    Bojack Horseman
    Orange Is The New Black
    Wet Hot American Summer
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
    Fargo
    The Killing
    Californication
    Marco Polo
    Orphan Black
    Community
    Making A Murderer
    Wish I Was Here
    Cybercrimes
    Bates Motel
    Breaking Bad
    Master Of None

Films:

Locke
    BlackFish
    Beasts Of No Nation
  • Whaaaa? How has noone mentioned The Bridge?

Great Nordic cop drama. It's in Swedish/Danish but as long as you're aren't one of those lazy feckers who "doesn't like subtitles" it's well worth a watch. Saga Noren is my hero.
  • watching Rome atm, really decent. I love roman history and all that so i guess it indulges me like that but it's pretty damn good. A lot of actors are in it who went on to be in game of thrones, the guy who plays mance rayder in GOT is great as julius caesar
  • EastStand said:

Whaaaa? How has noone mentioned The Bridge?

Great Nordic cop drama. It's in Swedish/Danish but as long as you're aren't one of those lazy feckers who "doesn't like subtitles" it's well worth a watch. Saga Noren is my hero.

Is The Killing, the US show, a remake of The Bridge? I'm a big fan of The Killing but haven't watched the original Danish one.
  • Suits is superb, so easy to watch.