Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chris Powell to QPR

Hadn't seen this anywhere on here but according to the 2 QPR fans at work its all over their message boards that he has been offered the job!

Comments

• Good for him
  • Excellent news... Although this is a move that could make Chris Powell or could break him (like the Blackburn job destroyed Paul Ince)

Just a shame Fernandes is evidently racist, i.e. gets slating for sacking the black Manager and then replaces him with another Black Manager, what is the world coming to
  • Hadn't seen this anywhere on here but according to the 2 QPR fans at work its all over their message boards that he has been offered the job!

Hadn't seen this anywhere on here but according to the 2 QPR fans at work its all over their message boards that he has been offered the job!

Would they be happy to have CP as 'their' manager?
  • Hadn't seen this anywhere on here but according to the 2 QPR fans at work its all over their message boards that he has been offered the job!

"May as well have stuck with Ramsey, but probably not a bad choice"
  • good luck to him - he'll need it.

He'll do well to finish the season there I reckon
  • Very very glad for him. Hope it is not just a rumour.
  • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and Gary Rowett were both mentioned as well.

Hope SCP gets it though, think he could do well there.
  • LouisMend said:

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and Gary Rowett were both mentioned as well.

Any word on our managerial situation?
  • Sponsored links:

• Will get them promoted next season, if he gets a little backing and the chance to choose his own squad over the summer, just like I believe he would have taken us up if the money had not vanished under the last ownership.
  • QPR look set to name Colin as manager till the end of the season.
  • Shame really, as i despise QPR as a club, but i hope SCP gets them up, he deserves it.
  • LouisMend said:

LouisMend said:

This
  • I'm not convinced that's the best place for Powelly.

I wish him all the luck in the world but the players, egos and money at that club are not likely to be anything like his comfort zone.
  • Swisdom said:

I'm not convinced that's the best place for Powelly.

I wish him all the luck in the world but the players, egos and money at that club are not likely to be anything like his comfort zone.

Depends whether or not he can clear them out really. If he can get rid of the likes of Onuoha, Traore, Hill and Sandro and bring in players with the right attitude he'll be ok. The Mirror is claiming Warnock is going to get the job until the summer now.
  • Good luck to Chris if true.
    As someone else said earlier it will make or break him as a manager.
    I hope he is a success, I really do, until we play them again.
  • Will that be Warnock's final job in football? He's said that about his last 6 jobs I think.
  • I personally think Chris' strength is in man management rather than being a tactical mastermind. It may well be what some of the QPR squad need.

That being said it is only a rumor.
  • Sponsored links:

• Basically I don't believe it, end of.
  • Be interesting if Charlie Austin sees Powell as someone he wants to work under, or whether he sees it as a lack of ambition from Queens Park Rangers (i.e. not going for someone like Pearson with Premier League experience) which'll see him more determined to leave in January... Am sure Alex Smithies will providing his knowledge of working with Powell right now
  • personally I'll be amazed if he gets the gig, don't feel he's a big enough name for them at the moment, suspect their (deluded) fans expect bigger and better
  • QPR seem like a basket case.

It takes one to know one, of course!

Guess it's all about results, he goes in there and wins his first 3-4 games they will all love him.
  • Powell's far too nice for QPR. Hope it works out for him though.
  • If he is appointed I feel the job and the expectations will be to big for SCP.
  • kevtherev said:

If he is appointed I feel the job and the expectations will be to big for SCP.

Not really... When he took the Charlton job he was expected to take us back to the Championship... In taking the Queens Park Rangers they're expecting him to take them up to the Premier League

Target is no different, just better standard of players
  • edited November 2015
    Good luck to Chris. Hope he does well. If he is a proper manager he will have been learning all the time, from success and failure. This could be the big one for him