Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Powell to QPR

2»

Comments

• Options
    I heard rumours before about the QPR job. But much that I love him, isn't he more likely to end up at Colchester Utd? They are without a manager aren't they?
  • Options

I heard rumours before about the QPR job. But much that I love him, isn't he more likely to end up at Colchester Utd? They are without a manager aren't they?

So are Fleet Badgers
  • Options

Good luck to Chris. Hope he does well. If he is a proper manager he will have been learning all the time, from success and failure. This could be the big one for him

And perhaps he will be given money to show what he can really do.
  • Options

kevtherev said:

If he is appointed I feel the job and the expectations will be to big for SCP.

Not really... When he took the Charlton job he was expected to take us back to the Championship... In taking the Queens Park Rangers they're expecting him to take them up to the Premier League

Target is no different, just better standard of players
    The first aspiration was a lot easier to achieve, as Charlton were in the top 5 clubs in the division in terms of budget and size, whereas QPR are one of a large number of clubs with that aspiration. He was also able to build his own team, whereas the QPR squad has plenty of deadwood.
  • Options
    Colchester would be a better job than Fleet Badgers though
  • Options
    If it's true I'm really pleased for him.
  • Options
    Good job for him but I don't really like QPR so I don't know how to feel.

What would we think if Powelly took over at the wendies?
  • Options

kevtherev said:

If he is appointed I feel the job and the expectations will be to big for SCP.

Not really... When he took the Charlton job he was expected to take us back to the Championship... In taking the Queens Park Rangers they're expecting him to take them up to the Premier League

Target is no different, just better standard of players
    The first aspiration was a lot easier to achieve, as Charlton were in the top 5 clubs in the division in terms of budget and size, whereas QPR are one of a large number of clubs with that aspiration. He was also able to build his own team, whereas the QPR squad has plenty of deadwood.
    And Powell inherited a squad where Johnnie Jackson was out injured and the best player was Jose Semedo. The next season we broke a points record though. As long as they let him put his ideas in place and identify which players will but into it, he can invest in the summer and put a squad together, just like he did at Charlton
    This is QPR, a manager appointed now in November won't be able to wait until the summer to build a new team, the owners will expect results now, and promotion this season
  • Options
    Sky reporting that qpr are looking to speak to JFH
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:

Sky reporting that qpr are looking to speak to JFH

Fleet Badgers it is then