Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Looks like the r's has fallen out of Charlton

WSSWSS
edited October 2015 in Fun, Jokes & Captions
Posted by a Massive fan on Twitter:

"From shagging on their pitch to spelling their own name wrong, Charlton is an embarrassing club"

Comments

• Sadly . He's not wrong
  • edited October 2015
    Did @Stig design it : - )
  • @WSS

Why did you correct the spelling mistake in the original tweet?

Sloppy work but not the end of the world.
  • And i really give a fuck what a Wednesday fan thinks of us.
  • @WSS

Why did you correct the spelling mistake in the original tweet?

Sloppy work but not the end of the world.

It annoyed me!
  • Sponsored links:

• Poor really, let's hope they don't leave the r out of the adverts for replica shirts...
  • There is a far worse error on that ticket that seems to have gone unnoticed.

No year? South Stand? Sheff Wed don't have any "adult" supporters?
  • wait until they play us to know the true meaning of embarrassment!
  • RD - trying to save money on ink now, 'you tight old git!

It is another example of standards slipping at our club, any good business should notice this mistake and deal with it before it reaches the printers.

I understand, that it is only a ticket and a spelling mistake which won't lose out on any money being lost. But, it shows the club to being extremely poorly run because of being too busy to check basic stuff.
    Yeah. That, and the fact the team's rubbish. They're the two big issues.
  • We've finally turned into "Chrystal Palace".
  • Shouldn't it be Charlton 'are' an embarrassing club (rather than is)?

It is another example of standards slipping at our club, any good business should notice this mistake and deal with it before it reaches the printers.

I understand, that it is only a ticket and a spelling mistake which won't lose out on any money being lost. But, it shows the club to being extremely poorly run because of being too busy to check basic stuff.
    The error was probably on the part of the printer and the club has deemed that there wasn't time for another re-run of tickets due to the massive demand in Sheffield to visit our tin pot club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Shouldn't it be Charlton 'are' an embarrassing club (rather than is)?

no, Charlton is 1 club, a singular.
  • Macronate said:

Shouldn't it be Charlton 'are' an embarrassing club (rather than is)?

Got it. Thank you Mac.
  • I think the Printer is not to blame. I would think that only the 'constant' elements would be pre-printed – the red and gold bits at the top. The rest of the ticket would be generated on a laser printer with specific information for the ticket: match, adult, seat number etc. The spelling mistake is down to a typing error by a member of the staff in the ticket office. Pay peanuts...
  • wickford said:

I think the Printer is not to blame. I would think that only the 'constant' elements would be pre-printed – the red and gold bits at the top. The rest of the ticket would be generated on a laser printer with specific information for the ticket: match, adult, seat number etc. The spelling mistake is down to a typing error by a member of the staff in the ticket office. Pay peanuts...

Correct.
  • edited October 2015
    Macronate said:

Shouldn't it be Charlton 'are' an embarrassing club (rather than is)?

Complicated subject that - "Charlton is moving to Selhurst Park" anyone? Common mistake made by news reporters, or used to be. The club is singular - Charlton are plural. Usually, but specifically when meaning the team, which as a noun is itself singular. My head hurts.
  • clive said:

Ticket office staff will have more time to check this kind of thing on Thusday's.

Remind me to buy you a drink next time we meet up mate.

That was VERY VERY funny.
  • edited October 2015
    I'm wondering if that was actually deliberately done, you know a bit of smart marketing, to market solely at the Wednesday fans, because the amount of times I've heard northerners actually say chalton, it all makes sense, Roland, you genius.
  • Never mind. I'm sure it will be corrected for next seasons game and won't be a permanent error.
  • Poor really, let's hope they don't leave the r out of the adverts for replica shirts...

The photo shoot for the new shirts was awful. I think Stevie Wonder did the lighting.