Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Options
    Valley11 said:

cfgs said:

From one of the many "transfer rumour" accounts on Twitter....

FootieNews2012 ‏@FootieNews20121 2h2 hours ago

Charlton are attempting to sign Striker Nicolas Verdier #cafc

Wikipedia says he has played 128 senior games scoring 37 goals prior to joining his current club, Mechelen, he is 28 and 6'1". Not sure why I bothered as it is all more than likely the imaginings of an attention deprived 12 year old anyway.

Yeah but it's a rumour. And this is a rumours page. Knock yourself out.
    I usually simply copy and paste it was the extensive research ( ;) ) that was a waste of time.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

McShane is a shocking footballer. Makes Doherty look like Nureyev.

As for Biyik, he looks as happy as Kanye West. I'd shit myself if I were playing against him. Sadly Africa , including Cameroon, isn't exactly awash with great defenders - they don't seem able to focus and concentrate for 90 mins and are liable to a major cock up. Sweeping generalisation I know but something to note.

That's quite a steretyping going on there. It's a bit like saying British players only like to get stuck in or South Americans are all fancy Dans who won't put in a tackle. We've had some pretty good African defenders in the past and some not so good. I wouldn't ever judge a player based on where they were born.
  • Options

I usually find myself agreeing with what Swisdom has to say, but in this case I disagree. I think McShane would be excellent for us.

He is a real 100%er every week and this was epitomised by him playing on last Sunday after Fellaini's assault left him with severe lacerations to his leg and face.

We were linked to him under Powell, which probably means he has been scouted by Chapple so may (hopefully) have legs.

Linked with him when Pards was in charge too...
  • Options
    I thought it would come across badly so did some more reading. Find the bleecher report for Biyik. Undoubtedly talented but a hothead, gets silly red cards and rash tackles. At 25 I'm not sure if he can be taught any different
  • Options
    Sounds like Sam Sodje - without the talented bit.
  • Options

I usually find myself agreeing with what Swisdom has to say, but in this case I disagree. I think McShane would be excellent for us.

He is a real 100%er every week and this was epitomised by him playing on last Sunday after Fellaini's assault left him with severe lacerations to his leg and face.

We were linked to him under Powell, which probably means he has been scouted by Chapple so may (hopefully) have legs.

agree about McShane .. a real trier who fell out with Bruce last season and was dropped .. Hull's brief resurgence coincided with his return to favour .. I'd like to see him sign for us .. BUT .. He's Irish and not from Le Continent
  • Options
    edited May 2015

agree about McShane .. a real trier who fell out with Bruce last season and was dropped .. Hull's brief resurgence coincided with his return to favour .. I'd like to see him sign for us .. BUT .. He's Irish and not from Le Continent
    If you screw around with the letters in his name we can probably get somthing more suitable for us...

Ensh Cam
    Nah Escm

• Options

Dan Potts will decide whether to join MK Dons, Ipswich or Charlton #cafc #MKDONS #itfc #whufc

— FootieNews2012 (@FootieNews20121) May 29, 2015
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2015

Just what we need! A left back!

I suppose that depends on whether we are keeping the ones we have.
  • Options
    Agreed. With wiggo's fitness record and Fox still not convincing everyone, i wouldn't mind another
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Agreed. With wiggo's fitness record and Fox still not convincing everyone, i wouldn't mind another

I think there's more pressing positions in the team
  • Options
    With Wiggo, Fox and Holmes-Dennis, I'd be disappointed if we were looking at left-backs.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

With Wiggo, Fox and Holmes-Dennis, I'd be disappointed if we were looking at left-backs.

Perhaps... but I am one of those who sees Fox being happier at CB in time, and Wiggo's been struggling with injuries for a while now, Holmes-Dennis is good but very young and untested, I wouldn't really want to depend on him being a left-footed Gomez (that wouldn't be fair on him apart from anything else). If there is a LB who is good enough right now available then by all means its worth at least looking at.

• Options
    J BLOCK said:

wmcf123 said:

I think there's more pressing positions in the team
    Without doubt
  • Options
    I'd say left back is one of the first positions need strengthening, didn't think that was sarcastic the first time I read it. Wiggins has been pony since the injury and Fox is far from convincing.
  • Options
    Wiggins is constantly injured and wouldn't surprise me if he is sold/loaned to get wages off the books. Fox improved and is good enough for a mid table club but not for playoff ambitions. THD might be the future but he is not going to start this year. I see no problem if we are looking to upgrade. That being said, I know nothing about the quality of the prospect.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

shows just what bollocks rumours are

As someone once said

"I'll believe it when it's on the OS"
  • Options

JET 5/2 to get opening goal against us next season

We're back here again

"Idea for a show. Jet from gladiators to host millennium barn dance at Yeovil aerodrome. Properly policed. I repeat properly policed. It must not turn into an all night rave."

Third time I've used this line on this forum now.
    Flag Quote · Like 6LOL

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/67593/charlton-rumours-rumours-rumours-the-big-kahuna/p7
  • Options

If you screw around with the letters in his name we can probably get somthing more suitable for us...

Ensh Cam
    Nah Escm

where's the hyphen ? ((:>) .. Han-Mecs .. Cam- Shen .. Cambodian supersubs hahahahaha
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

I'd say left back is one of the first positions need strengthening, didn't think that was sarcastic the first time I read it. Wiggins has been pony since the injury and Fox is far from convincing.

for my part, the defence is the first area that needs sorting .. all very well having strong midfields and attacks but a terrific keeper and strength along the back four are essential for success .. recent departures have left us potentially short (in numbers and height lol) in vital defensive areas .. ALL defensive areas
  • Options

thenewbie said:

Bikey... the shambling brain-fart-on-legs

Love it. This is why I waste hours of my life visiting the CL rumours thread twice a day, every day during the summer. Useless for any real news but great for humour.
    Same Same!!....
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!