Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How long you been a consecutive ST holder?

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:

Many ST holders would've been attending quite a while before first buying a ticket.
    I know that this season is GlasshalfFull's 60th year as a supporter, and there are other heroes like him.

My Dad started going when he was ten and apart from a couple of years when my sister and I were very young he has been a regular attender for all of that time. I doubt that makes him the longest serving but this will be his 64th season and he is still as committed as I've ever known him.

He first bought a season ticket (well two as I didn't pay for mine until I was 23) in 1989.
  • Options
    First got one, a child ticket, for 73-74. Excited as ever, I watched us concede the first goal scored by any team in the League that season (vs. York, something like 27 seconds..).

Gaps because of uni, working abroad and stuff, but got one again for 94-95 and haven't looked back
  • Options
    I have a feeling it was in the 95/96 or 96/97 season....west lower, half way up below ze Directors seating, behind the home dugout. Fairly fortunate that we got those when the west was rebuilt and how it all panned out.
  • Options
    Since 94/95 - started in the East (5 seasons), two seasons in the West (one of those on nice cushioned seats) in the covered end ever since. Starting to feel optimistic again...
  • Options
    41 years
  • Options

Every year since 85/86

Same

They decided to move to Selhurst to shake me off but a train one stop from Mottingham to Lee then the 75 bus for eternity never stopped me .
    An Addick for life .
  • Options
    edited April 2015

41 years

Pah, lightweight. ........ (well, be honest, someone was going to say it.....)

Sorry, forgot the ;-)
  • Options
    1989/90
  • Options
    First season ticket at palace, paid at the gate since 1954
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2015
    First season ticket was the Upton park groundshare, had one ever since.
    Pay on the day was 1970 before that, bit scary ,that's 45 years.
  • Options

I've been going regularly since 1969 and had a S/T every year since 1972.
    I've missed about 6 home games, since 1972.

CE, i doff my hat.
  • Options
    Just renewed for my 18th season running, this season is first when there used to be 10 (family & friends), luckily at Charlton the majority of us are good folk so get on with everyone around me.
  • Options

Think the first season i got a ST was 94/95, and have not missed a season since (though have sat in 5 different Covered End seats).

How long is your unbroken run?

1975/76 season which makes this coming season my 40th. In those days my Granddad and my Dad used to come along as well but sadly neither are alive now.
    I'm sure there are a good number on this list who go back further than 75.
  • Options

I've been going regularly since 1969 and had a S/T every year since 1972.
    I've missed about 6 home games, since 1972.

It's a great record. My dad has missed 1 home league game in 21 years and 1 league cup game in that time also. I bet there are some real cracking records out there. I know of a few, be great to hear of others.

My personal best run was missing 1 game home or away from 98/99 to the end of the 2001/02 season. 4 seasons. If I try and go on a run like that again it would prob end in divorce :wink:
  • Options
    25 years as of now
  • Options

First Season ticket was at Selhurst. Think it was the 89/90 season. Have had one ever since.

Ditto Brendan !

• Options
    First one was 1976-77, I think I didn't get one for one of the Selhurst seasons although it wasn't a protest as such, I probably just forgot to do it. There wasn't much trouble getting in on the day back then.
  • Options
    Growing up I always thought season tickets were for posh people, season tickets in the west stand were for posh, rich people, and as I am neither and worked weekends, I went on a match by match basis.

I finally relented and bought a season ticket initially in the the season we got promoted to the Premiership through the playoffs, as I thought I'd have no chance of getting a seat.

18 years later I've got a ticket in the west, I'm still not posh or rich, I miss the atmosphere from the north, but the views are better, and thermos flasks are cool right?

• Options
    edited April 2015
    How long is a piece of string...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I left school in 1965 and treated myself to a season ticket for 1965-66 so have just reached 50 years. Can't see me changing the habits of a lifetime now.

• Options
    Supported since 1966/67 never missed a season. Season ticket can't remember when first bought but have had at Selhurst Park and Upton Park and every season since.
  • Options
    I jumped on the 98/99 bandwagon to make sure I didn't miss out on The Premier League but had been going since 88/89. Had never bought a ST before as there was never a need to.

Funny though somehow the club managed to seperate my application from my Dad and Brother's applications despite being in the same envelope and they managed to seat us in the complete opposite end of the ground from each other. I was in North Lower A block while my Dad and Brother were given West Lower right in the far corner next to the Jimmy Seed stand and by the time we found out, it was too late for the club to do anything about it. They managed to relocate to North A block the next season in the end though.
  • Options
    1975-76, if I remember right an adult season ticket was £10 and a kids was £5.
  • Options
    84/85 or 85/86 at a guess, but it would have been a Junior Reds one back then I guess. Failing that it must have been 86/87
  • Options
    Been going since last season at Selhurst. First season ticket was 94/95, North Stand.
  • Options
    29 years. But not renewing for next season.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

How long is a piece of string...

Hang on. ....i'll get my tape measure. .......

......nearly 12foot.