Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Game Of Thrones

Comments

• cfgs said:

Valley11 said:

Great last three episodes. I haven't read the books - is the TV series faithful to them?

over all yes, but they change some things. Like Ygritte dies before the attack on the wall from the North, also The Hound dies from a wound he picks up in an earlier skirmish and Brienne is nowhere near him.

So glad they let Tyrion kill his day on the bog though, one of the best moments in the books that.

I've read the books and I'm still hoping the hound is alive. The books like the episode last night, never actually confirm his death.
  • The Hound must live------------------------------SAVE THE HOUND
  • Martin likes describing deaths in pretty graphic detail (Joffrey's book death gave me actual nightmares) so if he doesn't specifically go into the specifics it's always possible you live... until he does kill you, because he kills freaking everyone. (Hyperbole not spoiler)
  • Yeah you have to be a confirmed kill to not turn up again with the neckbeard

I'm not sure I'd entirely understand what eas going on without having read the books. Fully recommend them all
  • Ok I forgot the twisted mind of the author. I now expect him to kill Cersei when she is on the privvy by skewering her from below, in series 11.
  • So many spoilers on this thread!
  • edited March 2015
    Season 5 starts on Monday 13 April at 1am. The whole series is going to be simulcast across the world to avoid spoilers due to time lag.

So from April you can stay up until 2:30am watching Game of Thrones every Sunday night.

Repeat on at the old broadcast time of 9pm on Monday nights.
  • April 25th in the UK.
  • Sponsored links:

• April 24th in the states. I saw a bit of the trailer the other day, got excited but then switched it off as I tend to not like trailers. About a week ago I started watching the last series to catch up for this one.
  • They must be doing the simulcast again surely?
  • If they don't I shall be watching it online in the morning!!
  • If they don't I shall be watching it online in the morning!!

It will run 10-11pm EDT in the States, I think, which would be 3am GMT. Credit to those who stay awake for it.

Is it on Sky Atlantic? HBO are really missing a trick by not expanding to an international market.
  • SDAddick said:

If they don't I shall be watching it online in the morning!!

It will run 10-11pm EDT in the States, I think, which would be 3am GMT. Credit to those who stay awake for it.

Is it on Sky Atlantic? HBO are really missing a trick by not expanding to an international market.
    It is in Sky Atlantic.
  • Yep Atlantic have a deal for the entire series I believe, so even if HBO wanted to change partner, they would have to give Sky a lot of money to break the deal. Sky do a LOT of promotion around it which HBO like, even if they can be Disney-esque nazis.

I would expect them to do another simulcast but don't think they've confirmed that yet.
  • Looking forward to it.....just read a series synopsis, sounds interesting.
  • SO DAMN HYPED FOR THIS

keep having game of thrones related dreams. I think I've dreamt of all possible ways Jon snow can be bought back. My personal theory is he'll be bought back and then brutally killed (for good this time) near the end of the season in classic heartbreaking style.
  • Will there be boobs??
  • Sponsored links:

• I've been watching the whole thing again from the start. Up to series 3 episode 4 and there is so much that has become clear by going through it again.
  • buckshee said:

I've been watching the whole thing again from the start. Up to series 3 episode 4 and there is so much that has become clear by going through it again.

Yeah, I rewatched the whole thing a couple of months ago. Lots of "Oh yeah, I forgot about him/her/that" moments. Can't wait for the new series, if only to put an end to the endless Jon Snow questions!
  • edited March 2016
    There's a few theories on what happens to Jon. There's an awesome video about it below:

http://youtu.be/6Ev0lsbL6PM

Lots of other theories are explained on that YouTube channel as well if you're really into your GOT/ASOIAF.
  • rainerland.com or putlocker.is

Enjoy!!
  • There's a few theories on what happens to Jon. There's an awesome video about it below:

Lots of other theories are explained on that YouTube channel as well if you're really into your GOT/ASOIAF.

It's certain they'll bring him back, no way HBO would've sanctioned the shit tonne of vfx budget on the episode Hardhome if Jon snow vs the night King will be a major element of the story later on. I'm just interested in how they'll do it more than anything. I'd be disappointed if it's just a pure "melisandra waves her hands and he comes back". There's got to be something dark and not quite right, maybe Jon sees ygritte and "the cave" in whatever their version of the after life is and wants to go back there, but is torn between saving the living and rejoining the dead.
  • There's a few theories on what happens to Jon. There's an awesome video about it below:

It's certain they'll bring him back, no way HBO would've sanctioned the shit tonne of vfx budget on the episode Hardhome if Jon snow vs the night King will be a major element of the story later on. I'm just interested in how they'll do it more than anything. I'd be disappointed if it's just a pure "melisandra waves her hands and he comes back". There's got to be something dark and not quite right, maybe Jon sees ygritte and "the cave" in whatever their version of the after life is and wants to go back there, but is torn between saving the living and rejoining the dead.
    that was all about showing that the Valerian steel was able to cut through the wights...

I genuinely sadly believe Jon Snow could be proper dead, despite the screen shot... just how much would that fuck off/shock everyone.
  • I'm a believer in the theory that he is the son of Neds sister Lianna and Rhaegar Targareyan and not Neds bastard. He is in need of some divine Melisandre intervention clearly and if you think back to him talking to Maester Aaemon and how he told him to kill the boy. I reckon he'll be back as Jon Targareyan neckbeard loves killing people but they need to have a head cut off to be properly dead it seems.

• Jon and Danny