Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Spurs @ The Valley

It seems as though Spurs will be 'homeless' for a year and are in desperate need of a groundshare arrangement. I feel sorry for Spurs fans having to possibly travel all the way to Milton Keynes to watch their team every other Saturday though. I wondered, as a team that has had to groundshare before, should we offer them a season at the Valley? Our pitch is good. It won't be too far for them to travel and as part of the deal, we could possibly 'loan' a couple of their players, or ask for 'donation' towards the club etc. I don't think it would bother me too much, and feel that we could use it to our advantage. I think it's a good location for spurs if it's only a year - better than the proposed move to Stadium MK. Just wondered if anyone else had any thoughts on us offering the Valley to them for a season?

Comments

• I thought the idea had been discounted because of arsenals roots being in Woolwich?
  • Levy was apparently on our directors box at the weekend, or so someone mentioned in the other thread
  • To be fair to them The Valley is too small. However there is going to be an empty stadium in East London by then that holds about 35,000 whose current owners are moving to Stratford. I'm sure they'd accept that for one year. What a kick in the bollox to West Ham that'd be.
  • To be fair to them The Valley is too small. However there is going to be an empty stadium in East London by then that holds about 35,000 whose current owners are moving to Stratford. I'm sure they'd accept that for one year. What a kick in the bollox to West Ham that'd be.

Are they not moving the year after?
  • I'd happily have them at the Valley. Would benefit the club hugely.
  • Could be a good deal for both parties.....also good for the local pubs/shops...but a real pain for local residents.
  • If the pitch could handle it then why not
  • A huge number of Tottenham fans travel to Tottenham for games, I suspect the fanbase in the vicinity is diminishing like with all long established clubs. In some ways access to the Valley is easy, especially if you have ever done the walk from Seven Sisters. If Tottenham want to share, and we treat each other with mutual respect, and if we gain some benefit in terms of the infrastructure of the Valley, then in my view they would be more than welcome.
  • If they sign a contract now we can build a new stand to house all their fans with the proceeds before they arrive.
  • Sponsored links:

• If I was a Spurs fan, I'd be happier taking a half-hour train journey north to MK's brand new stadium, than schlepping across London to Charlton.

But, as I am a Charlton fan, I don't want to see a rival Premiership team playing at the Valley next season.
  • Good idea.

I quite like it as a money spinner.
  • Chizz said:

If I was a Spurs fan, I'd be happier taking a half-hour train journey north to MK's brand new stadium, than schlepping across London to Charlton.

But, as I am a Charlton fan, I don't want to see a rival Premiership team playing at the Valley next season.

Do they all live right next to Euston then?
  • the Valley is ours... Dont want our Groundstaff working overtime on our lovely pitch either :)
  • so they would be homeless and travellers then ? would have thought you would have the red carpet out for em Chizz
  • so they would be homeless and travellers then ? would have thought you would have the red carpet out for em Chizz

You're wrong
  • Chizz said:

If I was a Spurs fan, I'd be happier taking a half-hour train journey north to MK's brand new stadium, than schlepping across London to Charlton.

No I don't think they do. But if they want to get the train, that's the one they'd go from.
  • Chizz said:

A lot come from Essex, not ideal to get to the Valley especially via public transport.

I'd rather we didn't have them but that's personal reasons, for the income it would pump into our club it would be hard to turn down.
  • It's probably more likely Levy was there to sign Gomez.
  • Doesn't the Premier League have rules preventing teams sharing grounds?

• Sponsored links:

Chizz said:

Doesn't the Premier League have rules preventing teams sharing grounds?

Palace and Wimbledon shared in 1997/1998, in the prem. Obviously that's where we will be playing by then :) (premier league, not sh@thurst)
  • Chizz said:

Chizz said:

No I don't think they do. But if they want to get the train, that's the one they'd go from.
    So five more stops on the Northern line (to London Bridge), a 20 minute train ride to Charlton and a five minute walk to The Valley then Chizz, as opposed to minimum 36 mins to Bletchley, and a thirty minute walk to stadium MK? (You can tell I am not busy this afternoon...). ;-)
  • Chizz said:

Doesn't the Premier League have rules preventing teams sharing grounds?

Never knew that, what's the basis for wanting to prevent ground sharing ?
  • No chance, IMO, but they would be welcome if they did want to share. Decent club with decent fans, in general.
  • Tottenham to Milton Keynes by train: 1 hr 34 minutes
    Tottenham to Charlton by train: 1 hr 16 minutes

Tottenham to Milton Keynes by car: 1 hr 24 minutes
    Tottenham to Charlton by car: 1 hr 14 minutes

Stadium MK capacity: 30,500
    The Valley capacity: 27,111

I really don't see why the Valley would be more beneficial to them than Stadium:MK. It'd be interesting to find out where their season tickets holders live, although I can't find any information like that, but I think they would have much bigger pockets of support in counties such as Hertfordshire as opposed to anywhere south of the River.

I really don't see why the Valley would be more beneficial to them than Stadium:MK. It'd be interesting to find out where their season tickets holders live, although I can't find any information like that, but I think they would have much bigger pockets of support in counties such as Hertfordshire as opposed to anywhere south of the River.

Yes I tend to agree JR, although you haven't taken into account the distance from the stations to the stadiums in your train calculations... :-)

Yes I tend to agree JR, although you haven't taken into account the distance from the stations to the stadiums in your train calculations... :-)
    Good point, I hate it when I fail to live up to our "train-spotter" stereotype. Must try harder at that.

Good point, I hate it when I fail to live up to our "train-spotter" stereotype. Must try harder at that.
    I am here to guide you... :-D
  • Tottenham to the valley by car - 1hr 14mins???
  • Tottenham to the valley by car - 1hr 14mins???

It takes me that long to drive from Bedfordshire so that's way off.