Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Argentina or Germany?

I am an English sports fan.

As you all know there are certainties involved in that.

We have intense rivalries, for various reasons with Scotland, France, Australia, Germany and Argentina. We would want all of them to do badly. So who can I support this evening?

On balance I veer towards Germany, only because of the cheat that is Maradonna (but I so like Messi). But that's not enough.

Ran an die Pille!!!!

What about you?

Comments

• Argentina for me
  • Germany. Argentina have been boring, Messi has been disappointing.
  • edited July 2014
    Argentina for me. Ever since the 1978 World Cup and the amazing ticker tape (or whatever it was) welcome that the Argentine team got when they came onto the pitch for each match I have always had a soft spot for the team and their fans. I still get goose bumps whenever I see footage of the Argentine team coming onto the pitch for the 1978 final.
  • Germany without a shadow of a doubt.
  • Germany have the better team and have outscored Argentina by more than double. Argentina have an unfit Messi and routine squad.

SilentAddick Member
    ---------

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/charlton-athletic/history/post-ww1

Charlton Athletic : History 1918 to 1945
    Charlton Athletic Information

From 1936 to 1939, only 5 defeats, a truly remarkable record. This along with the two FA Cup finals immediately after the war only makes me think that we would have been a regular top four club if the war did not intervene...

I can't support the Germans.
  • Germany for me, the wars were over 60 years ago.. Move on ;)
  • 4-1 Germany.

and i have no respect for Argentina after the silly banner stunt.

Germany all day long, got no time for argies - what was the banner stunt baldy ?
  • 4-1 Germany.

Germany all day long, got no time for argies - what was the banner stunt baldy ?
    About the Falklands
  • Sponsored links:

• Germany all the way, another high score, methinks!
  • Germans for me... since visiting Oktoberfest a few years ago I've totally changed my perception of Germans & Germany

After the Portugal game I told everyone that they would win, wish I'd put my money where my mouth is!

Hope they smash the boring Argies 8-1 to shut em up
  • Must also say I've loved this world cup!
  • I would like to see Messi win it... Partly cos I like him and partly cos Id love to see Ronaldo crying about it (i.e. the player some people think is the best in the world yet never wins the World Cup that his rival has)

On the other hand the way Argentina bang on about the Falklands I really want to see Germany win (the war with them was over years ago so people need to get over it)

With the Argies though am just fed up with the banner, the Olympic training video... Enough now, you tried taking it by force and even though were miles away from there, weve one of the best armies in the world and after a few months you shat yourselves!!
  • Has to be Germany for me .To much went on in 1981when friends of mine went down to The Falklands to reclame the islands back.
  • Has to be Germany for me .To much went on in 1981when friends of mine went down to The Falklands to reclame the islands back.

It was probably a good job they didn't go by Lewis coaches.
  • I want Germany to win and I believe Germany will win.
  • 4-1 Germany.

As Shine said they displayed a banner proclaiming the Falklands to be Argentine before a game against Slovenia.
  • As well... I'm hoping that the Argies play like they did against Holland

If they do that then the Germans are gonna batter them
  • Gotta be the Argies
    How anyone can be on the side of the Hun? They are our sworn enemy!

What have the Argies ever done except win an election for the Snatcher!

Oh yes I've got the Argies in the sweepstake as well.
    ;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Germany play the game the right way and fully deserve to win, hopefully without the distraction of any controversy.

This final must be a real showpiece. The Beautiful Game is in danger of being engulfed in major scandal thanks to Fifa, and needs this evening's match to remind us of what a marvellous - and basically simple - sport it still is.

The Ethels have got themselves into pole position, but they have to finish the job. It was they themselves (well actually as West Germany) that stunned the all-conquering Hungarians in 1954 who were consequently left trophy-less in their golden era - the fabulous team of The Mighty Magyars, which will rightly never be forgotten, failed to receive the ultimate accolade of World Champions.

So, then, good luck to Loew and his splendid players, and also of course to the great German fans. Let's hope they do themselves justice, and put the shine back on our tarnished game.
  • German all day long, despite WWII preventing Charlton from becoming the biggest club in the country, as VFF points out.
  • Germany. Argentina have been boring, Messi has been disappointing.

Yeah Messi was toilet in them first four games he won man of the match
  • Germany for me as well....Argie's have 1 outstanding world player in Messi and a few top class players, Germany are all about a strong and quick moving unit with flair players in amongst them and of course Mulller and Klose.....I think Germany will win 2-0/2-1
  • redcarter said:

Germany. Argentina have been boring, Messi has been disappointing.

Yeah Messi was toilet in them first four games he won man of the match
    But he hasn't done much in the knock out phase and that's when it counts. He doesn't look fully fit.
  • Germany
  • Germany without a doubt.
  • Argentina for me.
  • Argentina is the rudest country I've been to and they dislike us far more than the Germans. At games they sing "if you don't jump you're English." F*** 'em.
  • Germany, no doubt at all.

The way the Argentinian football team brought politics into football with that pathetic banner stunt only confirms what I already feel - they act like childish idiots when it comes to the Falklands. They have a misplaced sense of entitlement and injustice brought about by being fed propaganda and misinformation from an early age. The way they obsess about it makes them look stupid and retarded as a nation. It is always ironic to be lectured about colonialism by a nation that deliberately and systematically exterminated its own native population...

And Germany have played some great football, their fans have been superb and they quite simply deserve it.