Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Argentina or Germany?

2»

Comments

• Has to be Germany for me .To much went on in 1981when friends of mine went down to The Falklands to reclame the islands back.

THIS, And they still impose sanctions on the falklanders and got the rest of South America to join in except Brazil I think! Germany all the way for me.
  • Argentina - Purely selfish reasons. I backed them at the start a 6-1.
  • No time for Argentina whatsoever but I want to see the best player of this generation lead his team to a World Cup like others have seen before me with Maradona.

If Messi has a blinder tonight and Argentina win he should rightly be spoken about in the same breath as Maradona and Pele. Four MOTMs, four goals (three blinders outside the box) as well as a crucial assist in the knock-out phase and people still think he's not played well! Laughable.

Think Germany will do it. The only team to have played as such throughout.
  • I had hoped the Dutch would win it.
  • Argentina, with their close ties to wales it's a no brainer.
  • No time for Argentina whatsoever but I want to see the best player of this generation lead his team to a World Cup like others have seen before me with Maradona.

If Messi has a blinder tonight and Argentina win he should rightly be spoken about in the same breath as Maradona and Pele. Four MOTMs, four goals (three blinders outside the box) as well as a crucial assist in the knock-out phase and people still think he's not played well! Laughable.

Think Germany will do it. The only team to have played as such throughout.

This sums it up for me.
  • Germany. At least they had the balls to invade a proper country rather than pick on some sheep farmers.

( tongue in cheek but do want them to win)
  • 4-1 Germany.

and i have no respect for Argentina after the silly banner stunt.

Germany all day long, got no time for argies - what was the banner stunt baldy ?

As Shine said they displayed a banner proclaiming the Falklands to be Argentine before a game against Slovenia.
    Wankers
  • Definitely Germany for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Germany.

I like Messi but he just can't carry this pretty average Argentina team. I just can't see Germany losing and lots of credit needs to be given to them for the way they keep churning decent teams out. I wish England had the same focus and drive.
  • Our European brothers for me.
  • Germany!

I really want to be able to say that not only have they lost the WC final, but the Falklands are still British as well!
  • Hope Germany rip Argentina a new one. Germany have been the outstanding team of this tournament and even when they are not playing that well still grind out results. Watched Merson on Sky Sports news saying that Germany aren't that good because he has been in the game for 40 years and know a good side when he see's one. Germany 3 Messi 1.
  • The pundits have finally managed to get their tongues out of Neymar's arse but have now got it stuck up Messi's. I don't believe that he 'deserves' to win it, and for that reason alone I want the krauts to do them. All the banner bollocks has just sealed the deal.
  • Not that fussed but I wouldn't be unhappy to see Argentina win it, given their clear status as underdogs.

I like German people and admire their football. At the same time, however, I think I harbour an enduring and irrational prejudice against their Teutonic efficiency, which probably goes back to their knocking England out of the World Cup in Mexico in 1970. They followed that up two years later by outclassing us at Wembley in the European Championship Quarter-Final, which really spelt the end of our time at the top. Not that I'm one to bear a grudge.
  • 3-2 Germany 45/1
  • Germany, as they are clearly the best team. If Messi was to completely dominate the match with individual brilliance, I'd be happy for Argentina to win, but I can't see it happening.
  • Germany. Best team, play the best football.

Argentina are dull, defensive and half their star players have been very poor. They're only in the final due to a very easy run-in.
  • My hatred for Argentina in football and political terms is far greater than that of Germany

In an ideal world I wouldn't have to choose because the Germans have caused us much heartache football wise
  • Sponsored links:

• Doesn't even need thinking about. Germany all day long. Our cousins, play the better football and have contributed far more to the evolution of mankind than a few footballers, some beef and a surgeons operation.
  • redcarter said:

Germany. Argentina have been boring, Messi has been disappointing.

Yeah Messi was toilet in them first four games he won man of the match
    But he hasn't done much in the knock out phase and that's when it counts. He doesn't look fully fit.
    Looking forward to seeing all those English players doing well in the stage where it really counts.
    Oh wait.
    That's not possible is it?

• auf gehts Deutschland!