Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sordell signs for Burnley

Daily Mirror reporting Sean Dyche has saved Marvin Sordell from his Bolton nightmare by signing him for 500k ......

Comments

• He ain't good enough for the premier league is he?
  • I know a Burnley supporter who was telling me Danny Ings hasn't signed a new contract yet and looks set to sign for Southampton so maybe Sordell is his replacement ...... Down by Christmas ?
  • I know a Burnley supporter who was telling me Danny Ings hasn't signed a new contract yet and looks set to sign for Southampton so maybe Sordell is his replacement ...... Down by Christmas ?

A lot of people on here said that about Palarse last year :-0
  • edited June 2014
    Good luck to him in the last 10 games and under Riga(he know how to play him) he found his form and his goals helped to keep us up as well as the rest of the team
  • There's a player in there buried deep, deep, deep down. Dyche must think he can bring it out of him, certainly did at Watford. 500k hardly represents a gamble at Prem level and he is a player who could do a job if they go down so it's a decent signing I think.

Agree with this 100%. Not sure Prem level is right but he could come good with the right coaching.
  • I think Sordell will always be well received when he comes back to the valley. He wasn't very good but improved significantly the longer the season went on. Fair play Marvin. Hope the move goes well.
  • Good luck Marvin. That hat-trick vs Wednesday was a MASSIVE turning point in avoiding relegation.
  • Good luck to him but I am absolutely convinced that he isn't good enough for the Prem.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good Luck to him. Will always remember him for that hatrick at the Massive's.
  • Good luck to him but relieved that we haven't signed him permanently.
  • Dyche worked well with him when at us so knows Sordell's strengths and weaknesses.

• Dyche worked well with him when at us so knows Sordell's strengths and weaknesses.

Stengths=Nothing
    Weaknesses=Everything
    Simple :-)
  • Too good for Charlton.

Seriously, so much a confidence player.

• JR began the process of resurrecting Marvin's flagging career and I have no doubt that Sean Dyche will complete the job.

Good luck in the Prem, Marvin .
  • Oggy Red said:

Too good for Charlton.

Your jokin right?
  • Dave2l said:

Oggy Red said:

Too good for Charlton.

Your jokin right?
    Which is why I began the next sentence with "seriously".

;o)

• Oggy Red said:

Dave2l said:

Oggy Red said:

Too good for Charlton.

Your jokin right?
    Which is why I began the next sentence with "seriously".

;o)

Had to be sure, im sensitive for my charlton.

According to my mindset Messi is not "too good" for us
  • edited June 2014

Dyche worked well with him when at us so knows Sordell's strengths and weaknesses.

Stengths=Nothing
    Weaknesses=Everything
    Simple :-)
    Yep. Nothing strong about scoring a hat trick with 3 great finishes in a comeback win that was pivotal in staying up.
  • Sponsored links:

• a hot and cold Championship level centre forward.

if he blows hot, he still won't be good enough to score goals in the Premier League.
  • Sordell is a good player and started to show it towards the end of the season, would have liked to have him at the Valley this year. feel he will be a good but for Burnley.
  • He is not going to be good enough for the premier league at present. Potential within, but thats it.
  • edited June 2014
    Still don't get the whole "there is a good player in there" debate. Just because he once had a big transfer fee and once was a "promising talent" doesn't really count for anything, as neither label have been shown to be worthwhile.

What exactly are his strengths? He isn't quick, isn't strong, goes missing very easily and is a very average finisher.

Any player who can play alongside Simon Church and still look like a weak link isn't going to cut anywhere outside of the Championship bottom half.
  • edited June 2014
    I thought Marv didn't like it up North which was why he came to us on loan.

If he's decided to invest in pigeons, cloth cap and muffler after all then Dyche is the man to get him playing to his potential.

Decent wages and possible Premiership football if he can remove Greenie Junior's name the splinters from his bottom in time to get on the pitch.

What's not to like?

(I hate that phrase).
  • I'll always be grateful for that hattrick.
    But one hattrick and f*** all else for a season is not good value for money.
    Good luck. If it weren't for the hattrick he wouldn't even be getting that.
  • Wish him all the best.
  • He definitely showed signs of improvement towards the end of the season, it's those last few matches for us which I guess earned him this move.
  • Good luck Marvin.
  • Reminds me of when Luke Varney signed for Blackpool in the Premier League.

Still good luck Marvin thanks for helping to keep us up with your goals