Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pochettino named Spurs Boss

5 year contract. I'd be surprised if he's there for a third of that.

Comments

• Got found out a bit when results weren't necessarily going their way. No doubt he plays good football, but there were a similar passing team with the previous regime. Be interesting to see how he does and if he actually bothers to interview in English, i know there were accusations at Pepe Mel for not knowing the language but at least he gave interviews in English
  • Idiot... Would stay away from Daniel Levy.. they're building something at Southampton whilst at Spurs they've not even laid the foundations
  • Five year contract, lets see how long Levy gives him.
  • Won't see out the season unless Spurs win the league as they should be winning the league every season. Just ask any spurs fan!!
  • Can I be the first to say he'll be sacked by the January transfer window. Got disaster written all over it. Not convinced by him one bit. Happy Days ;)
  • Let me just clarify that. When I say not convinced, he was tactically out thought by Sherwood last season, not once but twice.

I'll get behind him and support him but think Levy is taking a massive gamble. Especially on a 5 year deal. Will gladly be proved wrong.
  • Can't see it working. A man who still needs an interpreter.

If Levy appoints another dud ( how many is it now?) will he stand down?
  • Crazy, gutted for Southampton as things were looking good.
  • Leaves a space for Poyet Snr to fill

And for Poyet Jnr to join him.

Just saying
  • Great appointment imo
  • Sponsored links:

• Pochettino is a manager who had a terrible management record before going to Saints. I'm hoping Peeters is in his mould
  • Noticed Spurs have announced him as Head Coach. Roland is after one of them!

He'll last 18 months and Spurs will still be 5th or 6th and he'll be sacked.

Can see Southampton struggling next season, they'll lose key players and will struggle to replace them
  • Maybe Levy is the problem, can't imagine this will last anywhere near 5 Years.
  • Can't see it working. A man who still needs an interpreter.

He doesn't need an interpreter. He speaks English very well, but prefers not to interview in English. Presumably because the slightest wrong nuance and the media will be all over him.
  • But what if the interpreter makes a 'wrong nuance?'
  • But what if the interpreter makes a 'wrong nuance?'

Then can blame it on the interpreter
  • He should have stayed at soton and signed Poyet.
  • Think he'll be a good appointment, personally.
  • I remember Soton fans going all odd when the unknown Pochettino, replacing the much loved Atkins....
  • rikofold said:

Can't see it working. A man who still needs an interpreter.

He doesn't need an interpreter. He speaks English very well, but prefers not to interview in English. Presumably because the slightest wrong nuance and the media will be all over him.
    Correct. My mate is a reporter and has spoken to him a couple of times when he has covered Saints games, he says his English is actually OK, not perfect but certainly understandable.

As Rikofold says MP prefers to do the media stuff in Spanish because then its on his terms and its much harder for the media to put him on dangerous ground.

Very smart move but won't get away with that at Spurs for very long.
  • Sponsored links:

• Spurs are a joke of a club, the rate at which they get through managers is astounding, their fans are deluded thinking their better than they really are, and they haven't won anything for years, hang on , I could be talking about us!
  • He's the final piece in their jigsaw!!
  • iaitch said:

He's the final piece in their jigsaw!!

Again!!

• Players have to buy into his ideas, from what is in the papers today he likes double training sessions. I can't see the spurs players doing it, I think he will be out by Xmas.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Let me just clarify that. When I say not convinced, he was tactically out thought by Sherwood last season, not once but twice.

I'll get behind him and support him but think Levy is taking a massive gamble. Especially on a 5 year deal. Will gladly be proved wrong.

Or maybe Spurs just spent a lot more money than Southampton and had the better players to beat them with. I think he's a very good manager who suits Spurs and will do well there given the time. They're lucky to have him.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Let me just clarify that. When I say not convinced, he was tactically out thought by Sherwood last season, not once but twice.

Or maybe Spurs just spent a lot more money than Southampton and had the better players to beat them with. I think he's a very good manager who suits Spurs and will do well there given the time. They're lucky to have him.
    Really? When West Ham turned them over 3 times!!
  • Players have to buy into his ideas, from what is in the papers today he likes double training sessions. I can't see the spurs players doing it, I think he will be out by Xmas.

They will do what he tells the to do or leave the club lol

They will do what he tells the to do or leave the club lol
    On cloud cuckoo land perhaps.
  • uncle said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Really? When West Ham turned them over 3 times!!
    Is that because Spurs players do better when the ball is not sixty feet in the air ?

• Players like him because he's very honest. If he tells a fib, his nose gets longer.