Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

***ISSUES WITH SIGNING IN / REMAINING SIGNED IN***

Guys / girls,

We are aware that quite a few people are suffiering problems with regards to signing in at the moment. We apologise for any inconvenience (and our current inability to reply to whole heap of emails), and will be investigating today.

As soon as we have something further, we'll let you know. Thanks

Comments

• AFKA

I emailed but I think im sorted.

What I discovered was that on the home page / main discussion page it would not let me sign in. When I clicked on a thread and tried to enter my user and password while in that thread it worked.

This is only from my PC by the way. My phone works ok.
  • Cheers @Dizzle‌

yeah, there seems to be an inconsistency, but clearly something is not right and i can imagine it can be fairly annoying. We'll try and get others to look into today.

More importantly, I apologise profusely to you (and others) if I / we've not replied yet to your email / messages. This is all done 'around work' and sometimes its just not physically possible to commit the required level of attention needed. My afka/admin account has had 81 emails / inboxes for the last 24hrs, and 274 for the last week. We've a number of issues (technical, potential legal etc) ongoing at the mo and some periods it is simply harder to fit around the day-to-day than others.

It is essential people don't sit on ideas / issues, and continue to contact us otherwise we could remain completely in the dark if it doesn't impact us personally, just please be aware that sometimes its not possible to reply in an accepted timeframe you would expect from a company, for example.

Hopefully we can get this signing in issue resolved in the next day or two, thanks all for your patience.
  • Dizzle said:

AFKA

I emailed but I think im sorted.

What I discovered was that on the home page / main discussion page it would not let me sign in. When I clicked on a thread and tried to enter my user and password while in that thread it worked.

This is only from my PC by the way. My phone works ok.

Same for me - signs out on laptop but ipad is fine

• AFKA,

No problem mate. No issue with you not responding to my email, I appreicate you are busy with other stuff too. Im sure we all appreciate your hard work put into this site.

I haven't experience any other problems so I think im sorted at the moment. Thanks again.
  • Same for me, I find that if I sign in via the activity section then it is fine
  • I've had this problem on the work PC and find viewing in compatibility mode solves it.

• LenGlover said:

I've had this problem on the work PC and find viewing in compatibility mode solves it.

I can't believe so many people have time to look at CL at work. Certainly wouldn't have happened on my shift ;-)
  • LenGlover said:

I've had this problem on the work PC and find viewing in compatibility mode solves it.

I've had same problem, at work can't log on at home on laptop....no problem.

Sorry Len / anyone whats compatibility mode ?

Thanks

• @LoOkOuT‌ spoke with our hosts yesterday. They are aware of a problem and believe they've reduced the issue yesterday.

Are people still having problems today ? If you haven't done so, please clear out your cache / cookies as that more often than nots clears any legacy issues.

If it is still continuing, please let us know either on this thread (or to admin@charltonlife.com if you can't log in).

thanks
  • edited March 2014
    I still need to use compatibility mode at work despite deleting cookies etc on a regular basis.

Our software is antique though so doubtless that could be a contributory reason in my case.
  • Sponsored links:

• what do you mean by 'compatibility mode' Len ?
  • edited March 2014

what do you mean by 'compatibility mode' Len ?

I don't know really!

Near the address bar I get an icon that looks like a piece of paper torn into two. If I click on that it then tells me it is running in 'compatibility mode'.****

I can log in once I've done that but not before on the work computer. I've had no problems logging in at home but the software is more advanced on that computer which is why I wonder if that could be a factor.

EDIT: **** compatibility view not mode.
  • Similar deal to Len. Using a work installed version of IE8 I need to switch to compatibility view otherwise I seem to be chasing the login window around the screen
  • I can't log in at all at work but no problem at home. Never had a problem at work before this week.
  • if i try and get in through google i get a message\that says http 500 issue the website you are trying to enter has compatability error

if i go through the history and pick a thread i can get in no probs
  • can only get in at work on PC using the 'compatabilty view', ipad at home is fine
  • those with ongoing issues, is it just PC you seem to be having problems with ?

If so, what browser are you using (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome etc)

thanks
  • Internet Explorer
  • Having problems signing in? (I was....it's taken me a couple of hours to find a way in)

Find your last post

Click on username

enter email url

enter password

Swear...At f**king last!!!!!
  • Am having problems remaining signed in again. Is this a heavy load issue?
  • Sponsored links:

• Same, iPad keeps kicking me out and work laptop has not allowed me to sign in once for a week or so.
  • Gone belly up again . I have to sign in everytime I refresh.
  • We're working on it.

For those using IE (or perhaps other browsers) that can't actually load the sign-in popover, try this link: http://forum.charltonlife.com/entry/signin

For those being signed out continuously, don't try and sign in, just try another page, or reload the same page when possible. It may save you some typing. We are working on this.
  • Kicks me out, but all sorted by refreshing the page.. No biggy
  • it's working ok now but i keep getting cut off before i can finish a sen