Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who will do the tunnel jump when we win tonight?

I have known we will win this game since Sunday. Just wondering who will now be doing the tunnel jump after the game? I would like to see Poyet or Cousins do it I think. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2014
    I reckon there's a few of us who are ready to jump off the roof of the West Stand, myself included. That's probably as close as you'll get to a tunnel jump.
  • Options
    Would have to be Johnnie Jackson .
  • Options
    JJ or Hamer
  • Options
    Don't worry about things that may never happen.
  • Options

Would have to be Johnnie Jackson .

Yep

• Options
    JJ
  • Options
    Roland
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    A giant Belgium bit of Chocolate???
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There is a decent chance that neither JJ or Hamer will start...
  • Options
    A Huddersfield Town player, I suspect.
  • Options
    Floyd and Harvey followed by pete the pole then Church who will keep running and hit the hoardings in front of the east stand.
  • Options

Floyd and Harvey followed by pete the pole then Church who will keep running and hit the hoardings in front of the east stand.

I had discounted Church because he can't jump!
  • Options

I had discounted Church because he can't jump!
    Good point I forgot

• Options
    One of the very, very few things that I would criticise CP for was that he did not take the opportunity to share this around as much as he might have done. As a manager it would have been a good opportunity to encourage a different player each time and it still could be.
    So I do not really mind who it is, but I hope it will continue and different players will take the opportunity.
  • Options
    The end of match celebration started with Kinsellas fist pump, Powell then did the tunnel jump, followed by Elliot, really when Elliot left it should have continued through another player as no one took it up CP did . I suspect as we become just another club the end of match celebration will be consigned to the history books.
  • Options
    If we win tonight I'd quite like to see JJ do it, but as a one off tribute to Powell. I never really liked it when Elliot used to do it, it's Powelly's 'thing'. He's gone and the tunnel jumps should go until he returns or until someone resurrects them (or even better comes up with something new) when we have something proper to celebrate, like securing our Championship status for next year or in the unlikely event we get promoted again.
  • Options
    UP to the fans...as soon as we start eeerrrrrrrrrrrr-ing, someone better be jumping.

That said can't imagine any of the players wanting to do it a day after powell's been sacked, least of all jj
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It should be continued as a Charlton tradition, and Johnnie Jackson is the number one 'fan favorite' at the club now Powell has gone.

Didn't mind with Elliott did it, he was a Charlton fan afterall.
  • Options
    Nobody as we don't beat Huddersfield twice in one season.
  • Options
    Jose Riga does it for a risky gamble of approval....

We all stare at him like we want him dead and ball of tumbleweed scatters across the pitch.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

The tunnel jump is a Charlton Athletic tradition not Standard Liege 2nd X1.

It should be retired as the originator has been unceremoniously dumped.

FFS Grow up and move on.
  • Options
    The winner is...

JJ or Hamer

They would probably have been mine favourites had I seen this thread at the time, but to be quite honest - it's not something I expected to see happen anytime soon!
    Riviera said:

LenGlover said:

The tunnel jump is a Charlton Athletic tradition not Standard Liege 2nd X1.

It should be retired as the originator has been unceremoniously dumped.

FFS Grow up and move on.
    Nobody had posted in this thread for a week, was there any need to drag it back up just to say that?! The past 7 days have been quite an eventful and long considering the circumstances - maybe take a peek at the date before you go drudging stuff up! ;)

I also assume hope it was said in jest anyway.
  • Options
    attaboy
  • Options
    Jackson and then Hamer. Brilliant !
  • Options
    so what happened yesterday?

has RD sent orders to stop it, he is destroying the soul of this club, what next? :wink:

we need to do something about this before it gets out of hand :wink:
  • Options
    Was a bit odd. Some may laugh but I guess it does demonstrate a bit that this crop maybe don't understand the Charlton traditions as much as previous sides did.
  • Options
    Its a nice little touch by the players after each win to show thanks to the crowd. We are often told, we need to show the players our support, it's their way of returning it.
    Lets hope its a one off "slip of the mind".