Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Serie A

Milan have thrown away a 2 goal lead and are losing 3-2 at half time in game were they won the reverse fixture 7 - 0. Unless changes are made, there will be more goals in this one and they will be dancing in the streets of Sassuolo. Honda is on the bench and due to come on at some point, but I'm not sure it's the change they need.

Didn't see much of the Juve game but where was the defence for the goal they conceded. 2 of their goals were errors by Cagliari.

Comments

• Wasn't it Inter who won 7 - 0 at Sassuolo?

Cracking hat-trick from berradi (sp)
  • Wasn't it Inter who won 7 - 0 at Sassuolo?

Think you are correct on second thoughts
  • What's the pitch like?
  • What's the pitch like?

brown on near side but better than The Valley
  • "stadium is rocking" commentator said, not really mate
  • What's the pitch like?

crap
  • Milan are a shadow of their former selves, they're only in the last 16 of the Champions League because of a poor group (besides Barca). They haven't exactly spent wisely, Kaka as well as losing quality is now a ref botherer. It'll be a few years before they can touch Juve.
  • Amazing game

4 - 3 with Milan throwing the kitchen sink at them at the end
  • Do you remember the days of:

Dida

Cafu Stam Nesta Maldini

Pirlo Gattuso Seedorf Kaka

Shevchenko Crespo
  • Sponsored links:

• Massimiliano Allegri has been sacked by AC Milan
  • dizzee said:

Do you remember the days of:

Dida

Cafu Stam Nesta Maldini

Shevchenko Crespo

Just about to post this. That team was utterly immense.
  • Can't imagine that Beradi will be at Sassuolo for long. 19 years old and the 2nd top scorer in Serie A.
  • Can't imagine that Beradi will be at Sassuolo for long. 19 years old and the 2nd top scorer in Serie A.

He's on loan from Juventus

He's on loan from Juventus

I think Juve own 50% of him
  • First teenager to score 4 goals in Serie A for 83 years and the first ever player to score 4 v Milan.
  • dizzee said:

Dida

Cafu Stam Nesta Maldini

Shevchenko Crespo

Their best side was possibly in 1989 when they won the European Cup Final 4-0 against Steau Bucharest....

Galli

Tassotti - Baresi - Costacurta - Maldini

Donadoni - Rijkaard - Ancelotti - Colombo

Van Basten - Gullit

Superb team their games against Inter (Matthaus, Klinsmann, Brehme) were classics.
  • Milan didn't have him at his peak but I loved Rui Costa, he absolutely oozed class.

Clarence Seedorf looks set to take over there, that's an interesting one. He's always come across as intelligent and thoughtful, I guess they're trying to find an Antonio Conte or Pep Guardiola equivalent. They aren't the Milan of old but they should be doing better with the players they have.
  • RedPanda said:

Clarence Seedorf looks set to take over there, that's an interesting one. He's always come across as intelligent and thoughtful, I guess they're trying to find an Antonio Conte or Pep Guardiola equivalent. They aren't the Milan of old but they should be doing better with the players they have.

On paper, Inzaghi would appear to be the natural equivalent to the two names mentioned, as he is already at Milan coaching. Inzaghi was allegedly critical of Allegri. In addition there may be disagreements at a boardroom level between Galliani and Berlusconi junior. Seedorf coming into this environment may find things difficult.

I agree that Milan are underperforming and if Seedorf can get the team performing collectively as a unit with the right tactics then an improvement should follow.

• Winning start to the Seedorf era last night, just. Playing 4-2-3-1 they looked defensively vulnerable. Formation will need changing for games away & / or against better sides.

• Sponsored links:

• dizzee said:

Dida

Cafu Stam Nesta Maldini

Shevchenko Crespo

But could they do it on a Tuesday night in February away to Stoke....
  • dizzee said:

Dida

Cafu Stam Nesta Maldini

Shevchenko Crespo

always saw crespo as an inter player.

inzaghi was the true Milan man.
  • Not Serie A but Sky have the rights to the Coppa Italia and are showing the four quarter final ties over the next week or so.

Tomorrow is Roma v Juve.
  • cafcdan18 said:

Not Serie A but Sky have the rights to the Coppa Italia and are showing the four quarter final ties over the next week or so.

Tomorrow is Roma v Juve.

Serious question: Do the Italian teams treat their cup matches like the "big four" treat the FA Cup, or is it a proper cup competition they want to win ?

• cafcdan18 said:

Not Serie A but Sky have the rights to the Coppa Italia and are showing the four quarter final ties over the next week or so.

Tomorrow is Roma v Juve.

Serious question: Do the Italian teams treat their cup matches like the "big four" treat the FA Cup, or is it a proper cup competition they want to win ?

It's more of an annoyance like our League Cup. Attendances are very poor and many players rested until the late stages.

Juve v Roma will be interesting though, they have an old rivalry and Roma owe payback after a dismal league loss to them.

• RedPanda said:

Milan didn't have him at his peak but I loved Rui Costa, he absolutely oozed class.

I recall going to see la viola at white hart lane in a PSF (mainly to see Batigol) but rui costa amazed me. I'd never seen a player like that here. Some of the players that were lauded over here (Bergkamp, Cantona, Zola) we're fine, but not close to Rui. If he'd been in the Premiership at that point he'd be regarded as world class. Everything went through him. Most underrated player of generation.

• As Paulie won't start up a new Serie A thread I thought I'd resurrect this.

Anyone watching the Juve Roma game?

Absolutely mental. Juve get a dubious pen, Tevez scores. Rudi Garcia (Roma manager) sent off for playing an imaginary violin. Few minutes later Totti is wrestled to the ground for a pen, gets up and scores. Then Iturbe makes it 2-1 Roma. Just after Juve get a second dodgy pen, Tevez scores.

And it's half time!
  • The first pen looked on the line and I can't see how they can give that as handball.
  • I forgot to add 6 yellow cards as well.

All hail the most entertaining league in the world.
  • colthe3rd said:

I forgot to add 6 yellow cards as well.

All hail the most corrupt league in the world.

EFA