Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Burnley Away Match Thread.

Afternoon folks.

Comments

• edited September 2013
    It looks as if RM is tied up, and it is left to me to do my best today.
    Firstly I want to say that despite all of us at home tuning in, the real heroes are the 300 or so travelling Addicks whatever happens today. If all the players and staff don't acknowledge that at the end of the match serious questions will need to be asked!
  • Good afternoon, let's have a 'little' bit of luck and a lot of hard graft today fellas!!
    3 points needed....
  • We on the radio
  • Most folk will be keeping up from a 'home' perspective. As usual though I will update from what I can glean from the Burnley perspective, what they say about us as it were. Apologies in advance for my slowness and my typos.
  • what you hearing about JJ?
  • nvm

"Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 35s

THE SKIPPER: @johnnie_jackson misses out today having picked up an injury in training this week. More news to follow post-match. (IL) #cafc"
  • Unless called away I intend to stick with this, I may be the only person left on here at the end mind you!

Many miles have I travelled,
    Many games have I seen,
    Following Charlton my favourite team.
    Many hours have I spent in the covered end choir,
    Singing Valley Floyd Road,
    My only desire

Valley Floyd Road,
    Oh mist rolling in from the Thames,
    My desire, is always to be found at
    Valley, Floyd Road!
  • TEAM NEWS: Charlton - Hamer; Wilson, Wiggins, Morrison, Dervite; Pritchard, Stephens, Cousins, Gower, Stewart; Church.

CHARLTON SUBS: Alnwick, Evina, Wood, Hughes, Harriott, Kermorgant, Sordell
  • Reads as a 433
    Hamer
    Wilson Morrison Dervite Wiggins
    Pritchard Stephens Gower
    Stewart Church Harriott
  • 4-4-2 or 4-5-1?
  • Sponsored links:

• Gower and Hughes involved signals to me that we have to battle for a clean sheet here, and dig in.
    Ground announcements going on.
  • sam3110 said:

Reads as a 433
    Hamer
    Wilson Morrison Dervite Wiggins
    Pritchard Stephens Gower
    Stewart Church Harriott

Harriott is a sub
  • Oops never mind didn't realise it's cousins starting, I'd still say 433 with Pritchard right Stewart left
  • Our best 3 players out injured...
  • TEAM NEWS: Charlton - Hamer; Wilson, Wiggins, Morrison, Dervite; Pritchard, Stephens, Cousins, Gower, Stewart; Church.

CHARLTON SUBS: Alnwick, Evina, Wood, Hughes, Harriott, Kermorgant, Sordell

These days I always look at our lineup and expect to see Leaburn there.

It has that kind of feel.

If only for someone of his quality eh!

• think its clear with playing stephens and gower we're aiming to keep the ball on the floor... we can hope.
  • We're talking about Cousins and Stephens releasing Church and Stewart on the counter attack I reckon. We are likely to sit pretty deep.
  • We on the radio

Only on Radio Kent 774 Medium Wave.
  • I read that as a solid 4 in the middle, Church up front and Stewart a free role supporting him perhaps.
  • Guessing at 4-1-4-1 with Gower sitting in front of the Centre Backs.
  • Sponsored links:

• 1-0 win for the addicks with kermy coming off the bench and scoring in the 88th minute.
  • sounds like match on bbc radio lancashire have got it on the net
  • General pre match hubbub in the background, quite nice to hear it.
    Clarets are talking to me.
    Jones and marney there, 'full strength burnley team'
    BTW, Dyche has shot his voice to pieces hasn't he?
    I reckon beyond repair unless he shuts up for a year!
    They comment on the weakened team we have.
  • BBC Radio Lancashire have it as a commentary on the internet, BUT, might be "pulled" on kick-off?
  • Concerned that Church as a lone CF is not a CF who holds it up, he looks for the ball over the top or into space. When we knock it forward, it could be coming back at us fairly quickly.
  • Ref is David Coop (sp?)
  • Just been cut off! 'Internal server error'!
  • Phew! back now!
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

Concerned that Church as a lone CF is not a CF who holds it up, he looks for the ball over the top or into space. When we knock it forward, it could be coming back at us fairly quickly.

Is a concern, which is why I'd rather see an alternative to Yann come in on loan over a central midfielder.
  • They say powell is doing a 'cracking job', but think it won't be an easy ride this season. They have a bloke playing his 300th game, centre half Michael Duff, signed after 300 games for Cheltenham.
    teams coming out.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!