Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace to Groundshare

124»

Comments

• Options
    I wonder if they would bring in booster seats to help them see ?
  • Options

I think if it was serious then it could happen tbh

We are hemorraging money and would have an income every week of the season

Local business would also gain with the away fans

It has business sense

I would hate it but it makes sense

Sensible view NLA
  • Options
    If its all down to money, then why, as told to me by a serving police officer on the steps of the lib club about 4-5 years ago, that a pre season friendly with celtic was muted, but due to safety issues and police objections due to the interest it would raise with the loyalist/Rangers/hooligan element at Charlton, it got vetoed.
    I can see palarse sharing our ground raising the same sort of interest from the hooligan element.
  • Options
    For the first few games maybe, but not after that.
  • Options

For the first few games maybe, but not after that.

Agree. Nothing like it used to be and would easily be wrapped up by the OB after a few games if it ever got to that, which it never would.

• Options
    This can't happen.

It has been announced that the new goalline technology has BEEN FITTED at every PL ground.

Also, it has been said it that the system is too expensive for teams outside the PL.

So:
    1) I didn't see tons of extra cameras at the Valley on Tuesday.

2) What is going to happen? The cameras being put up and taken down on consecutive weeks?
  • Options
    Surely all real Charlton fans would be following Charlton away when they were at The Valley?

That's unless our 'element' only go to football for one thing...
  • Options
    Would you wanna go to The Valley knowing a Nigel has been sitting in your seat? Diseases spread.
  • Options

That has to be the most posted photo on this site.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DRFDRF
    edited August 2013
    DA9 said:

If its all down to money, then why, as told to me by a serving police officer on the steps of the lib club about 4-5 years ago, that a pre season friendly with celtic was muted, but due to safety issues and police objections due to the interest it would raise with the loyalist/Rangers/hooligan element at Charlton, it got vetoed.
    I can see palarse sharing our ground raising the same sort of interest from the hooligan element.

I don't know but I would take a guess that pre season games do not generate enough income for the club to want to pay for the police presense that would be required. If we were to play Celtic in the Champions League (it could happen!) the police wouldn't stop it would they. They don't have an issue with it per say, they have an issue with how much it all costs. All clubs are able to play all clubs if the money is right.
  • Options
    We should charge them a high rent
  • Options
    It would be a pain in the arse for those of us that live in Charlton. The disruption is fine when it's us playing, but 10000 Nigels invading every other week is not on.
    I imag
  • Options
    WSS said:

Surely all real Charlton fans would be following Charlton away when they were at The Valley?

That's unless our 'element' only go to football for one thing...

That's a Utopian view mate, the risk of trouble regularly is a certainty
  • Options

• Options
    edited August 2013
    I think it'd be great.

A year or two treating them like sh1t and making them pay through the nose for the privilege. It has it's up side :)

Don't think it'll happen, though.
  • Options

I think it'd be great.

A year or two treating them like sh1t and making them pay through the nose for the privilege. It has it's up side :)

Don't think it'll happen, though.

Think that's called karma, Alex.

• Options
    Wouldn't happen though, they are/were always a shite football club so no surprise they treated like garbage when they had their chance. Jolly old Charlton would probably treat them a lot lot better.

It's a no from me.
  • Options
    Excellent idea.

Let them use it for free. Nothing better than the moral high ground against that bunch of wannabes.
  • Options
    its a big f++k off from me ----------treated like utter shit over there--------------no welcome from the hillside or the Valley from me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Welcome Palace.
  • Options
    2 Bit Park
  • Options
    Yes please.

Limit them to the Jimmy Seed and East stands. Stick a portcabin in the car park and I'm sure a nice reception could be arranged outside for them!
  • Options
    They would all move to floyd rd so they could vanish immediately after the game like they do at shithurst
  • Options
    Did you see the pitch last year? Hows it going to look with another 19+ games?
  • Options

I can't see why we wouldn't.

I hated being at Selhurst, but in truth there is a a very good case for clubs ground sharing, permanently. We don't like the idea because it's not what we're used to but it does make sense to have two incomes paying for the stadium. All the 'good reasons' that were trotted out when we left The Valley still apply. If we could get someone to pay for half the running costs of The Valley then we would have more money for other things, like players or not running up losses.

I wouldn't want them playing on our pitch,

I like the idea - excellent! We get them to pay for 1/2 running costs of Valley but they aren't allowed to use the pitch... so you think that will fly?

• Options
    Of course they will ensure that they are not treated badly if they agreed a deal. Unfortunately, we may as fans not like it for emotional reasons, but there are lots of sensible financial benefits and a win for both clubs. We would also know that A) they would be helping us and B) that it would be temporary.