Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace to Groundshare

Comments

• Options
    Do you really think the OB would allow it NLA? The 2 games last year have shown the hatred is still there.

Can you imagine Palace playing a home game and the usual haunts being packed to the rafters with our lot!
  • Options
    Ross said:

You can buy one of their seats for £20 a pop.

i thought you was joking! ha

http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/Palace-fans-snap-antique-seats-ripped-ahead/story-19604919-detail/story.html#axzz2bSkaUgTV

a nostalgic peice of history apparently
  • Options
    You got no ground, you got no fans. Actually they could share with Whyteleaf and do a small club a financial favour.
  • Options
    This is complete nonsense.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Hopefully would be when there relagated would be sickning to see them getting 27k one sat and we get 16k the next.
  • Options
    Erm, having their 'ultras' using our ground to sing those silly fucking songs.

No thanks, I'd rather we stayed potless.
  • Options

Where is the source of this 'groundshare', all i can see is that Palace are selling naming rights to Selhurst Park and it'll now become the '2Bob stadium'.

There, that's more realistic! :)
  • Options
    If we went for it, I hope we squeeze every penny out of them and nearly put them out of business.
  • Options

Did anyone ever call St James' park the sports direct stadium?

Yes.
    And I used to post pictures of sports direct lorries on my Geordie mates Facebook page saying I'd seen their team coach.

• Options
    I think its a great idea, £25 million in rent a season should do, would clear our debts and help fund a push to the premiership.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2013
    I think, from memory, there are limitations on the number of non-football events held at the ground as part of the various plannning consents.
  • Options
    Can name our stadium The Valley of Nigels every other Saturday?
  • Options
    Palace splashing the cash on plastic seats.
  • Options
    Don't want it but never say never. If there's a £5m black hole to fill do you think the directors are gonna turn it down?
  • Options
    I can't see why we wouldn't.

I hated being at Selhurst, but in truth there is a a very good case for clubs ground sharing, permanently. We don't like the idea because it's not what we're used to but it does make sense to have two incomes paying for the stadium. All the 'good reasons' that were trotted out when we left The Valley still apply. If we could get someone to pay for half the running costs of The Valley then we would have more money for other things, like players or not running up losses.

I wouldn't want them playing on our pitch, but it might be better than having Millwall suddenly come into £1m a year and we don't!
  • Options
    Let them use the Jimmy Seed stand..
  • Options
    Nice stadium in Coventry vacant at the moment,
  • Options
    Groundsharing should be more widespread, look at the San Siro and Olympic Stadium in Rome for example, but in reality it's too much trouble. Add to that the fact that most teams have new or recently developed grounds now anyway and it's only shit teams in shit grounds that would want to share with anyone

Sorry Palarse but you can go share with Tooting for all I care, you're not coming here!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    As others have already said they are simply selling the naming rights, they are not building a new Sainburys. A couple of thousand plastic seats in their tinderbox stand, the value of their shitty ground will double.
  • Options

They're getting rid of their wooden seats.

No, that's just a picture of the stand after we played there last year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Those seats are the originals from 1924, so yes they are of historical interest, so I can imagine people buying them, especially if they've sat there for a long time. I've sat on the same seat in the East Stand since August 1994, so I've been sitting there for 19 years now :-)

As for the stadium rename, strange timing, but I guess being in the PL they'd got an offer they couldn't refuse. With the state of our finances, I wonder what our price would be?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Original Archibald Leitch seats as well, worth an absolute fortune, but being palace they tried to sell them for only £20, hardly advertised them and ended up throwing most of them away, in true nigel style with a Sainsburys shopping trolley.

• Options
    Perhaps they'll build a new stadium on the peninsula.
  • Options
    Do they get the money for the renaming rights or are Sainsburys just sub letting the rights to this betting mob?
  • Options
    We should let them share. Then we can prattle on for years about how we saved their club when they had nowhere to go.
  • Options
    Lurker said:

Can name our stadium The Valley of Nigels every other Saturday?

Valley of Nigels has a certain ring about it.
  • Options
    £5m @ season cash upfront, 1 portacabin in the west stand car park........absolutely no Palace badge/branding anywhere in or around the ground.
  • Options
    & we get to use The Crystals.
  • Options
    Would they not be better off sharing with Crawley?
    Considering that's where all their fans come from...
  • Options
    They really are a shower of shit