Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

1000-1 for playoffs.

Comments

• Options
    Swisdom said:

clb74 said:

SE10 said:

1/100 you don't pay out.

a pound on that please

£3 that you don't turn up with your pound

will have 6 quid i give the 1 quid to Henry at bromley meeting 1st may
  • Options

clb74 said:

SE10 said:

1/100 you don't pay out.

a pound on that please

Nice.
    robbo i raise you a nice

• Options
    Robbo on wing = keyboard warrior. Remember just an idea to raise money for charity.
  • Options

Off_it said:

Does anyone know if crazychair is good for £10k?

Agreed, what a cunt of a offer to come out with.
    Fucking idiot.
    Language Timothy.
  • Options

Off_it said:

Fucking idiot.
    Language Timothy.
  • Options

Robbo on wing = keyboard warrior. Remember just an idea to raise money for charity.

Not a very good one.
    Perhaps you could donate £1k and then think about your offer.
    If you have the front money to cover 1/1000 bets then just give it over.
    Fucking idiot.
  • Options

Not a very good one.
    Perhaps you could donate £1k and then think about your offer.
    If you have the front money to cover 1/1000 bets then just give it over.
    Fucking idiot.
    get out of bed on the wrong side?
    If he doesn't pay up................then the abuse can start.
  • Options
    £1
  • Options
    we are 25/1 on skybet to reach the play-offs and they will pay out.
  • Options

we are 25/1 on skybet to reach the play-offs and they will pay out.

They probably don't donate losing stakes to the Upbeats though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    50p for me please, if I win donate the winnings
  • Options
    He won't pay out but deary me, chill out robbo. Lol
  • Options
    If I win, will be able to afford a couple of Peroni's. well almost by all accounts.
    Ps I will hunt you down for my tenner.
  • Options

Off_it said:

Fucking idiot.

Oh dear.

• Options

Off_it said:

Fucking idiot.

Oh dear.

So I take it that you will be there to assist this person in the unlikely event of the bet coming in?
    Thought not.

The point i am trying to make (although i conceed i could have worded it a little more politely) is that should this person walk into a pub and offer this bet (and people take it by paying), there may be a few looking for a return.
    A lot would take it at face value (a vunerable young person who hasn't fully thought out the consequences), but some may not.

Would you be happy for your son/daughter to be placed in a situation like this?

I am totally in favour of fundrasing for worthwhile charities, but this individual is no Bob Geldof.
  • Options
    More lenny henry I'd say
  • Options
    One question for Crazychair.

If we do reach the play-offs this season are you willing and able to pay out on the bets made on this thread?
  • Options
    £1 please.
  • Options

One question for Crazychair.

If we do reach the play-offs this season are you willing and able to pay out on the bets made on this thread?

Of course he's not. Hence Robbo's understandable response.

Put me down for a couple of quid, Crazyhorse...

• Options
    Didn't some wally do this before and didn't bother paying up?

Can see it going the same way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Plaaayer said:

We had a thread like this before. And it all went horribly wrong.

• Options
    Plaaayer said:

Ive seen a few on here where both partys bottled it and agreed to make a smaller donation, guess at least he didnt bid £125 for a happy snaps mug :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013

So I take it that you will be there to assist this person in the unlikely event of the bet coming in?
    Thought not.

The point i am trying to make (although i conceed i could have worded it a little more politely) is that should this person walk into a pub and offer this bet (and people take it by paying), there may be a few looking for a return.
    A lot would take it at face value (a vunerable young person who hasn't fully thought out the consequences), but some may not.

Would you be happy for your son/daughter to be placed in a situation like this?

I am totally in favour of fundrasing for worthwhile charities, but this individual is no Bob Geldof.

are you on the spectrum?
  • Options
    I will donate a tenner to the upbeats if we dont make it. ( so basically count me in for a 10 gbp donation as we wonnt make play offs)

It was poorly worded and i see the points on ability to pay but no need to be so vitriolic on someone who was just trying to fundraise
  • Options

I will donate a tenner to the upbeats if we dont make it. ( so basically count me in for a 10 gbp donation as we wonnt make play offs)

It was poorly worded and i see the points on ability to pay but no need to be so vitriolic on someone who was just trying to fundraise

I agree, but on the other hand, what he/she has offered could have got him/her into quite a bit of trouble.
  • Options
    It would make sense to edit the original post. Offering odds on a bet that I can only assume the OP has no intention of paying out on is an odd way to start the thread.

A bet with no chance of a return is a donation, so it basically amounts to a donation to charity if Charlton don't make the play offs (if anything it might make more sense to get people to donate towards a charity bet on us TO make the play offs and then place the bet with a proper bookmaker, chances are that only the bookmaker wins but could be a nice pay out for charity in the extremely unlikely event of it coming in).

If CrazyChair is serious though and genuinely has more money than sense then put me down for a tenner (I'll then go and look to offload the bet for about 25s!).
  • Options
    Agree with you robbo

How turning it into something positive? End of season whipmround for the upbeats

Ill add to me tenner. If we raise 100 collectively ill chip in 50 notes
  • Options
    I will throw in a tenner, just let me know how.
  • Options
    Good spirit robbo lad. Can someone else organise this? Maybe start thread.

I read it like this. Crazy chair had good jntentions but misplaced albeit. But lets have a whip round anyways. Ill keep my end of the bargain, am sure either peanuts malloy or razil would vouch for that.

• Options
    shine166 said:

Plaaayer said:

Ive seen a few on here where both partys bottled it and agreed to make a smaller donation, guess at least he didnt bid £125 for a happy snaps mug :)
    Sorry? Are you referring to me, you Toby?