Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

1000-1 for playoffs.

1235»

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Bizarre.

I'm not really a fan of bullying
  • Options

Dunno, from the very beginning, i took it as a bit of fun, knowing that i wouldnt be getting 10 grand either way - cant see why it should all get so heavy tbh.
    Now, where do i send my tenner ?

• Options

Henry Irving i do not judge you on these pages so please dont judge me and keep your opinions to yourself. Upbeats are the wnners and thats all i ever aimed for.

Agree with you. I think your intentions were good and the Upbeats win. Whether you had the money to pay up is debatable but I think it is mean spirited of people to make an issue of that as I think it was obvious what you were trying to achieve. I must admit you did leave yourself open to some vitriol from some people if we had actually made the playoffs and it would have been interesting to see what the response would have been. It would have been nice for people to have seen this in the spirit that I believe you intended without derailing it with the negative comments.
  • Options
    Many thanks rob.
  • Options
    Shame on you!!!!!!
  • Options
    it is a shame really
    i thought on life everything was meant to be face value ie tickets train tickets and i assume odds
    real odds were 25 ,33 to 1
    but we were willing to take 1000 to 1 off another lifer
  • Options
    I too dont understand why it should have got so heavy when i thought any sensible person took it as a little light hearted (but maybe a little foolhardy) thread.
  • Options

I too dont understand why it should have got so heavy when i thought any sensible person took it as a little light hearted (but maybe a little foolhardy) thread.

its happening on ever thread your going on
  • Options
    tbh i am more concerned by the vitriolic 'abuse' made by one particular poster than the'promises' of the original poster.
  • Options
    This thread did make me look at the Upbeats site and then make a small donation.

The odds of anyone getting a payout if we made the playoffs was zero from the start - happy to put the whole thread down to a series of poorly worded banter/fundraising.

Good work CrazyChair, and also Henry for trying to obtain the t's and c's!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:

i read that as ' it's happening on every thread you're going on '?
    A tad unfair CLB - its hardly me who is getting abusive and threatening - dont you agree ?
  • Options
    Rob said:

Henry Irving i do not judge you on these pages so please dont judge me and keep your opinions to yourself. Upbeats are the wnners and thats all i ever aimed for.

Agree with you. I think your intentions were good and the Upbeats win. Whether you had the money to pay up is debatable but I think it is mean spirited of people to make an issue of that as I think it was obvious what you were trying to achieve. I must admit you did leave yourself open to some vitriol from some people if we had actually made the playoffs and it would have been interesting to see what the response would have been. It would have been nice for people to have seen this in the spirit that I believe you intended without derailing it with the negative comments.
    Shame then he didn't clarify when people pointed out politely what the potential issues were. All could have been avoided and more money raised.

That's my last word on it. Back to proper fundraising for the Upbeats kit fund which is currently at over £600

• Options

clb74 said:

A tad unfair CLB - its hardly me who is getting abusive and threatening - dont you agree ?
    Mr president it was meant to be a little joke

• Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

Mr president it was meant to be a little joke

Ah ok. Comprendez. !
  • Options

This thread did make me look at th- nowe Upbeats site and then make a small donation.

The odds of anyone getting a payout if we made the playoffs was zero from the start - happy to put the whole thread down to a series of poorly worded banter/fundraising.

Good work CrazyChair, and also Henry for trying to obtain the t's and c's!

Well said.
    Where do i send that tenner ?
  • Options
    Try reading the previous page.
    Hope that wasn't too vitriolic.
  • Options
    edited April 2013

Shame on you for being full of it now but not responding to the many requests for clarification from others.

Shame on you for not replying to the inbox message I sent when I asked what you intentions were.

Shame on you for ignoring polite private requests that you didn't muddy the waters for the fund raising I and many have been doing for the Upbeats for a long time

Shame on you for calling other people a "keyboard warriors" but then getting so agressive when you are criticised.

Shame on you for telling others they can't give an opinion when you seem very happy to give it out.

I'll carry on raising money for the Upbeats as I have been for many years as part of Charlton Life and Bromley Addickd despite, not because, of this so called "bet"
    Bore off with the holier than thou attitude. Yes, he offered a bet with no intentions of paying out; but people placed the bet very tounge-in-cheek, and the "bet" has raised money for the upbeats; so stop being a moany old bastard and trying to bully people on the forum.

Edit: Where did the geezer get aggressive? Please quote it.
  • Options

We had a thread like this before. And it all went horribly wrong.

This was never going to have a happy ending however good the motives may have been.

Bookmakers and Exchanges are given licences so that the public can be protected. When lifers start backing and laying bets how can anyone be protected?

So, may I make a suggestion? That the next time someone wants to raise money for a worthy cause via the medium of a bet why don't they use an Exchange or Bookmaker and then give some or all of that winning bet to charity.

For example, it could be as simple as "I've had a tenner on Charlton to win the League at 20/1 and if they do I'm going to give £50 from my profit to XYZ charity."

We could even have a thread devoted just for that. And that way everyone would be singing from the same hymn book and cheering on each and every winner instead of falling out with each other.

• Options
    Henry i think you have done a brilliant job raiseing funds for the upbeats and comend you for that. Hope the little i have raised has helped anyway and would rather be friends then foes.
  • Options
    I'm pretty thick and have reading problems but still grasped the fact that this was a fun thread aimed at improving the quality of some peoples lives. Shame on anyone that tramples on good intention for the sake of their own importance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton supporters are so weird at times.
  • Options
    Top 6 was 40 to 1 on betfair when I looked after wolves game yes ridiculous price I think 1000-1 was nearer value
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Charlton supporters are so weird

Sorted
  • Options
    Shame on Henry

Have you posted me my photo yet ?
  • Options
    If only........