Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Which school were you at?

Comments

• Options
    Belvedere junior school 1993-97

Erith school 1997 - 2002
  • Options
    Mulgrave Primary in Woolwich

Bloomfield/Eaglesfield secondary
  • Options
    Bloomfield 58-62
  • Options

cafctom said:

Greenacres Primary School - 1992-1998
    Kemnal Technology College (formerly Kemnal Manor) - 1998-2005.

My Mum (Mrs Richardson) was a classroom helper at Greenacres when you were there.
    I went to Greenacres in the late 1950's and Crown Woods in the early 1960's.

I remember your Mum, John - lovely lady.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

cafctom said:

Greenacres Primary School - 1992-1998
    Kemnal Technology College (formerly Kemnal Manor) - 1998-2005.

My Mum (Mrs Richardson) was a classroom helper at Greenacres when you were there.
    I went to Greenacres in the late 1950's and Crown Woods in the early 1960's.

I remember your Mum, John - lovely lady.
    Thanks for your kind comment. Mum loved working there and was always telling stories about the children as if they were her own.

• Options
    3blokes said:

Chis n Sid 73 -78

I went there from '69 to '76 and I have this horrible feeling that I may have put you in detention when I was a prefect! I hated being one and I only ever nicked one person and I have suddenly realised it might have been you! That's why you looked familiar when I first met you!
    Anyway sorry by the way but you probably deserved it ;-)
    Interesting. I was at Chis & Sid from 1968 to 1975, so I must have met you in the prefects room during that time. I did maths with Mr. Baker + Mr. Pennycuick and Economics with Mr. Pinkney in the 6th form. What about you?
  • Options

Not many ex-Bluecoats bods here. Weird, considering it's one of the closest schools to the Valley.

Who'd admit it though, if you went to school with Rio Ferdinand ?
    LOL - I didn't - I left the year he started. Was a year below my brother. Mouthy little shitbag even then, apparently
  • Options
    Beths bod '01 - '07
  • Options

St Mary's in Woolwich from 80- 86 (i think)

Eaglesfield 86-91

Hendon 2012
    Scotland Yard 2013- present

Makes sense
    LOL

I suppose you went to Shortlands AFKA?

• Options

3blokes said:

Chis n Sid 73 -78

I went there from '69 to '76 and I have this horrible feeling that I may have put you in detention when I was a prefect! I hated being one and I only ever nicked one person and I have suddenly realised it might have been you! That's why you looked familiar when I first met you!
    Ha ha this is quality !!
    Was he talking about not winning the Valley gold draw during assembly. ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fossedene nursery/infants 1948-53
    Tanys dell junior harlow 1953-56
    Fossedene seniors 1957-59
    Mark hall tec mod harlow 1959-60
    Harlow college 1961-64
    Do any of you old timers out there remember two teachers who were thugs & massochist mr malanophy ( fossdene seniors ) & Halford ( fossedene annexe sherrington rd ) may they RIH ( rest in hell ).

• Options
    Addickted said:

St Mary's in Woolwich from 80- 86 (i think)

Eaglesfield 86-91

Hendon 2012
    Scotland Yard 2013- present

Ouch

Makes sense
    LOL

I suppose you went to Shortlands AFKA?

• Options

Eaglesfield 84-89 Falcon house Blue/Black

Did you know of an England youth player at your school from the year above you? I ask because when our school (St Pauls, Abbey Wood) played yours (c1988) we were told you had quite a few very good players and this one in particular scored this fantastic goal scissor kick goal. Hence we lost 5-3!
    I think his surname was marsh?? His younger brother was in my year but for the life of me I can't remember his name!!

I tried googling but can't find nothing

Sorry bud

• Options

cleeve park 01-06

In my year.

I must know you.

• Options

3blokes said:

Chis n Sid 73 -78

Interesting. I was at Chis & Sid from 1968 to 1975, so I must have met you in the prefects room during that time. I did maths with Mr. Baker + Mr. Pennycuick and Economics with Mr. Pinkney in the 6th form. What about you?

I remember Mr Pinkney I think his nickname was Garth? The name Baker rings a bell but I was yer arty farty language set and I had the likes of Bob Solbe (English Lit and swearing) Terry Maylam ( French) Jimmy Page (History) and Mr Simmonds ( Art) teaching me. Some great characters there Johnny Walsh and Eddie Ratz? But also some very strange individuals!
    Probably the most memorable was Mr Burnip ( History) who was a fantastically knowledgable teacher but also the most disaster prone bloke I've ever met! First off he took us for one lesson in Year 8 and lost all our books then he took us for one lesson in Year 10 and the whiteboard fell on him. Then he managed to get hit by the globe hanging from the ceiling in the Geography room which was almost physically impossible!
    And throughout he had the edge of his y fronts hanging over the top of his trousers which sat just below his armpits. He had the strongest pair of glasses I have ever seen and he had a huge bald head.
    The bloke was an absolute legend :-)
  • Options

Was he talking about not winning the Valley gold draw during assembly. ;)

I think he was back chatting me and I just got fed up with him! He was the only kid I ever gave any punishment to, that's why it stands out :-)

• Options
    Riviera said:

Anyone go to Charlton Manor Primary 1970's? My Aunt taught there.

i did - who is/was your aunt?
  • Options

Eaglesfield 84-89 Falcon house Blue/Black

Did you know of an England youth player at your school from the year above you? I ask because when our school (St Pauls, Abbey Wood) played yours (c1988) we were told you had quite a few very good players and this one in particular scored this fantastic goal scissor kick goal. Hence we lost 5-3!
    I think his surname was marsh?? His younger brother was in my year but for the life of me I can't remember his name!!

I tried googling but can't find nothing

Sorry bud

That's it! Sam Marsh. I always expected to see his name on a professional team sheet somewhere, but he obviously gave it up.
  • Options
    Eton
  • Options
    Harvey Grammar, Folkestone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was Don cameron in your year terry naylor ?
  • Options
    Mr pinkey wow. Taught economics to will hutton.

I was in his last class in 98. So 30 years at cns
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Horniman Primary School
    Addey and Stanhope Secondary...Pwopa Millwall Tewwitowy
  • Options
    nolly said:

Was Don cameron in your year terry naylor ?

Name rings a bell mate but not 100%

• Options
    Tallis - 1997-2003
  • Options
    Oakmere..Thats Wickham Lane as it was originly, 55-59..
  • Options
    East Wickham Primary 95-2000
    Bexley Grammar 2000-2007
  • Options
    Knockhall Primary 72-77
    Dartford Grammar School - 77 to 83
  • Options
    Shooters Hill from 1967 to 1972. Claim to fame was giving Jools Holland lines. He was a right little git.
  • Options
    fenny said:

Oakmere..Thats Wickham Lane as it was originly, 55-59..

On the roof in white paint someone had painted 'Oakmere forever'.