Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Jimenez clearly lacks ambition so I'd rule us out
  • He's not worth that. Not if RVP was £24m.
  • PSG will buy him.
  • He's not worth that. Not if RVP was £24m.

Carroll was £35m.

• Another waste of talent - too much hype and money too young
  • cs1986 said:

Another waste of talent - too much hype and money too young

Not sure how he's wasted his talent. How much has he won with Man Utd?

Not really performed at tournaments for England but you can say that of most English players of the last 20 years
  • If true, and if they were willing to spend the money on central midfield, not that silly really.

Big ifs.
  • He's dropped for one game so he must be off.

He hasn't been that good for a few years now good player but never a great one
  • When he first came on the scene, someone said to me that he looked like a player who would struggle with his weight as he got older. With all the training in the world, some people will always have a big frame, Andy Reid being another example. There's an article in this mornings paper muttering about Rooney and Ronaldos different lifestyles and physiques, but I suspect if Rooney lived on mineral water he'd still look like a pretty solid middleweight boxer.
  • No one watched him on Saturday then? Great player. Man City, PSG or Real if he leaves. I doubt he will. His contract only has two years to run so he's probably looking for a new one from Utd - or Utd are playing him at his own game and threatening to sell him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Great player by English standards. Don't think he'll go. If United want to raise money for Ronaldo they are better offloading Nani and Anderson
  • You could get 10 Franny Jeffers for 1 Rooney........
  • Swisdom said:

You could get 10 Franny Jeffers for 1 Rooney........

Or downing and hendersens left leg.
  • Overrated fat knacker.
  • 140 in 271 for united across prem/champs league. Yeah, he's completely shite
  • Still way too much, fat c**t
  • He hasn't been that good for a few years now good player but never a great one

28 games, 18 goals,12 assists so far this season
    50 games, 37 goals, 6 assists (11/12)
    47 games, 17 goals, 16 assists (10/11)
    50 games, 40 goals, 7 assists (09/10)
    53 games, 27 goals, 17 assists (08/09)

I would say that was a pretty solid record.
  • Rooney has excellent advisors, so will end up at a decent club on a very large salary.

He himself is as thick as pig shit twisted, but he has a good team working for him.
  • cs1986 said:

Another waste of talent - too much hype and money too young

hardly Franny Jeffers is he?

Manchester United

Premier League (4): 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09, 2010–11
    Football League Cup (2): 2005–06, 2009–10
    FA Community Shield (3): 2007, 2010, 2011
    UEFA Champions League (1): 2007–08
    FIFA Club World Cup (1): 2008

Individual

PFA Players' Player of the Year (1): 2009–10
    PFA Young Player of the Year (2): 2004–05, 2005–06
    PFA Fans' Player of the Year (2): 2005–06, 2009–10
    PFA Premier League Team of the Year (3): 2005–06, 2009–10, 2011–12
    FWA Footballer of the Year (1): 2009–10
    Goal of the Season (3): 2004–05, 2006–07, 2010–11
    Goal of the Month (6): October 2003, January 2005, April 2005, January 2007, March 2007, February 2011
    Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year (2): 2005–06, 2009–10
    BBC Young Sports Personality of the Year (1): 2002
    Bravo Award (1): 2003
    UEFA Euro 2004 Team of the Tournament
    FIFPro World Young Player of the Year (1): 2004–05
    Premier League Player of the Month (5): February 2005, December 2005, March 2006, October 2007, January 2010
    Barclays Player of the Year (1): 2009–10
    Premier League 20 Seasons Awards (1992–93 to 2011–12):
    Best Goal (vs. Manchester City, 12 February 2011)
    FIFA Club World Cup Golden Ball (1): 2008
    England Player of the Year (2): 2008, 2009
    Golden Boot Landmark Award 20 (1): 2009–10
    FIFA/FIFPro World XI (1): 2011
  • The big question for me would be where could he go ? Don't see another Prem club signing him which leave him going abroad. Learning to speak another language and settling into a new culture ? Can't see it myself.
  • Sponsored links:

• He hasn't been that good for a few years now good player but never a great one

28 games, 18 goals,12 assists so far this season
    50 games, 37 goals, 6 assists (11/12)
    47 games, 17 goals, 16 assists (10/11)
    50 games, 40 goals, 7 assists (09/10)
    53 games, 27 goals, 17 assists (08/09)

I would say that was a pretty solid record.
    yeah, looks similar strike rate as andy cole

• Very good - but not great - player, lack of pace is his weakness at top level in Europe and international scene.

His temperament has let him down badly as well but has still had a great club career.

In my view he should now move back into midfield and play the Scholes role.
  • edited March 2013
    Hope we sign him in the Summer , he's the 20 goal a season striker that we need. :-0
  • I've always been a bit bemused by the way the strikers are handled at Man Utd. You had Berbatov not even getting on the bench last season, Henandez warming the bench despite being their best striker (statistically) etc. Can't argue with the teams success overall but you do sometimes wonder at individual decisions made by Fergie.
  • Hope we sign him in the Summer , he's the 20 goal a season striker that we need. :-0

Is he really any better than BWP ?

• Very true Shooters , or Lisbie , Mooney , Abbot & Benson.
  • edited March 2013
    Him being overrated is not his fault, he's not 'overrating' himself. Watch him play and appreciate what he's got at and realise what he needs to work on and make your own mind up.

I think he's a talented lad that id imagine most teams in the world would like in their squad. I think whats counted against him at Man Utd is he's been played in too many positions. Before RVP joined and after Ronaldo left, he was the focus point of Uniteds attack and enjoying himself. Now he's found himself playing deeper, or on the left or on the bench.

Want him to stay in The Prem, so Chelsea or City.
  • Him being overrated is not his fault, he's not 'overrating' himself. Watch him play and appreciate what he's got at and realise what he needs to work on and make your own mind up.

I think he's a talented lad that id imagine most teams in the world would like in their squad. I think whats counted against him at Man Utd is he's been played in too many positions. Before RVP joined he was the focus point of Uniteds attack and enjoying himself. Now he's found himself playing deeper, or on the left or on the bench.

Want him to stay in The Prem, so Chelsea or City.

City !!!!! Not a chance
  • ha i know but it would be great!
  • Nor Chelsea. He wont go, nothing story