Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

southeastern train problems

signalling problems are causing delays and cancellations via Charlton between London bridge and Dartford at present

Comments

• Cheers... I hate that lot even more than I hate Trevor Kettle.
  • Jub line is fine at present for anyone travelling from London Bridge.
  • RedPanda said:

Cheers... I hate that lot even more than I hate Trevor Kettle.

Just to point out, yet again, Southeastern have no control over signalling, so dont blame them, blame network rail!
  • Who cares whether they control the signals, they're shite at everything else anyway
  • It's clear now.
  • cafckev said:

RedPanda said:

Just to point out, yet again, Southeastern have no control over signalling, so dont blame them, blame network rail!
    So if you bought a new telly and it went wrong would you be happy if Dixons said don't blame us, blame the company that supplied the electrical components? Of course not.

As a punter your contract is with the service provider - southeastern. It's up to them to make sure their own "suppliers" do the business, so I think any criticism of them is entirely justified.
  • Makes it even more irksome that I have to renew my £212 monthly ticket today to use their exceptional services.

Just as the 'bad' weather is about to hit as well.
  • edited January 2013

It's clear now.

What was your source Beds? Only BBCTravel's update 10 mins ago is saying delays on Southeastern between Charlton and Deptford of up to 20 minutes :-(
  • Southeastern website still says delays
  • Fine coming in from Kent way.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafckev said:

RedPanda said:

It was also pointed out on here, Southeastern have the capability to be better prepared for when things like this happen, but choose not to and save their money. Yet each fare hike from them is in the name of improvements that never materialise.

Also worth noting that the parent company that owns Southeastern saw it's profits rise by a 3rd last year.

• C2C from Southend to West Ham is fine.
  • It's clear now.

What was your source Beds? Only BBCTravel's update 10 mins ago is saying delays on Southeastern between Charlton and Deptford of up to 20 minutes :-(
    I'm the source. Just got to The Valley by train with no problems at all.
  • Trains are fine now
  • Off_it said:

cafckev said:

RedPanda said:

So if you bought a new telly and it went wrong would you be happy if Dixons said don't blame us, blame the company that supplied the electrical components? Of course not.

As a punter your contract is with the service provider - southeastern. It's up to them to make sure their own "suppliers" do the business, so I think any criticism of them is entirely justified.
    not true - if you lose your electricity it's down to English Power Networks to fix, phones Openreach etc

• edited January 2013
    This makes me feel better about trains/ commuting.

https://www.facebook.com/notokcommuter

PS Train operators are happy to deflect blame for such issues, but are also happy to take 100% of the (overpriced) ticket too. Scumbags. Every single person involved with Southern, SouthEastern and SWT, to me, are scumbags.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

PS Train operators are happy to deflect blame for such issues, but are also happy to take 100% of the (overpriced) ticket too. Scumbags. Every single person involved with Southern, SouthEastern and SWT, to me, are scumbags.

And you are a complete twat! ( which is the nicest thing I can say on here).
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Nice. Ill let my charlton supporting uncle who drives the trains know that he is a scumbag even though he has no control over ticket prices whatsoever.

Helm
  • Tell me you work on the trains!
  • Sponsored links:

• No, Kev. It wasn't meant particularly seriously, but my experience Southern / SWT employees is pretty extensive. And it's not it about prices - "this train is canceled due to a shortage of drivers" is a regular excuse.
  • Crusty54 said:

Off_it said:

cafckev said:

RedPanda said:

not true - if you lose your electricity it's down to English Power Networks to fix, phones Openreach etc

What's not true about it?

If you pay, say, British Gas for your gas and electricity then that's who you phone if there is a problem as they are your supplier. Of course someone else may end up fixing the problem, but the onus is on British Gas to get it fixed as that's who you are paying for the service.
  • Furry muff.

Ill be honest, I cant stand them neither. I find there staff at charing cross extremely rude. I hate having to pay £170 quid a month for such chuff service. If they are that short on drivers ill happily go for an interview with them to become a driver. Decent job offering decent wonga.
  • South Useless have always been crap, and when the first snowflake falls this week, then watch the trains cancelled tut suite.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

What a shit blog/FB thing that is. The muppet has no humour and no idea how to take a photo, not sure why it is highlighted on here?!
  • My experience of Southeastern; 0646 Petts Wood to Charing Cross leaves Petts Wood at 0646
    1632 Charing Cross to Petts Wood Leaves at 1632. Every day the same
  • More problems this morning. Over running engineering works carried out during the night have caused delays to the first trains in the morning. Trains out of Faversham still haven't been given the all clear that the engineering works have finished.
  • My experience of Southeastern; 0646 Petts Wood to Charing Cross leaves Petts Wood at 0646

To be fair, I only use SE Trains about 4/5 times a month.

In the past two years, I've experienced one late train leaving (by 4 minutes) and not once had a train late arriving. This is to and from various stations across Kent.
  • We do like our train threads.
  • Addickted said:

My experience of Southeastern; 0646 Petts Wood to Charing Cross leaves Petts Wood at 0646

To be fair, I only use SE Trains about 4/5 times a month.

In the past two years, I've experienced one late train leaving (by 4 minutes) and not once had a train late arriving. This is to and from various stations across Kent.
    That's some memory you've got !