Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

southeastern train problems

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Missed my connection at Blackheath yesterday due to the knock on effect of the Greenwich line problems. Had to duck and dive by bus and on foot to just make the remembrance applause; so up yours Southeastern 'where there' a will there's a way'
  • se9addick said:

Addickted said:

My experience of Southeastern; 0646 Petts Wood to Charing Cross leaves Petts Wood at 0646
    1632 Charing Cross to Petts Wood Leaves at 1632. Every day the same

To be fair, I only use SE Trains about 4/5 times a month.

In the past two years, I've experienced one late train leaving (by 4 minutes) and not once had a train late arriving. This is to and from various stations across Kent.
    That's some memory you've got !
    Only because the only late train I've got was in early December.
  • Already posting warning of problems tomorrow, wish they put more effort into keeping there trains moving. Wonder if they will surprise me tomorrow
  • My experience of Southeastern; 0646 Petts Wood to Charing Cross leaves Petts Wood at 0646
    1632 Charing Cross to Petts Wood Leaves at 1632. Every day the same

I get a little later train on the same route and in the 5 days it will be on time maybe once, i kid you not before xmas they announced they had lost the train
  • Snow kills it these days.In days gone by you would go through a couple of feet of snow.Now cameras on the front of the train and cctv everywhere you have to stop when the snow reaches the levels in the Rule Book.over 20cms lying over the rail and the probs start,needs Network Rail manager to make a decision,he/she is petrified in case it goes tits up.By time finger is removed from arsehole chaos is reigning supreme!!!
  • I bet the trains run well and they are empty because everyone stays at home to avoid it all.

Here's hoping anyway.
  • By time finger is removed from arsehole chaos is reigning supreme!!!

Hilarious.
  • I did laugh as the very chatty SEastern ticket man was talking to a commuter as she went through the barrier this morning... "yeh you say that now that you've got in but its whether you get home is the problem".

May i wish each and every one of us who have to use that shower of shite luck in getting home later.

• deep joy. Car has hit a bridge between Hastings and Tun Wells, services suspended. By the time they have sorted that snow will have settled on tracks or frozen points etc. Anyone wanna put me and the wife up for the night?
  • The wintery weather is now disrupting our services - please consider planning your journey home now as you will need to allow additional time.

No trains are going to or from Victoria until further notice, please use Charing Cross, Cannon St, London Bridge and St Pancras as alternatives.

Message Received :18/01/2013 13:29
  • Sponsored links:

• Sister just texted saying sitting on a train at Charing Cross but it hasn't moved.

MailOnline has a photo in their snow article of a Southeastern train running in snow, so it is possible!
  • Wilma said:

Sister just texted saying sitting on a train at Charing Cross but it hasn't moved.

that's a start. At least she got a seat.
  • razil said:

The wintery weather is now disrupting our services - please consider planning your journey home now as you will need to allow additional time.

No trains are going to or from Victoria until further notice, please use Charing Cross, Cannon St, London Bridge and St Pancras as alternatives.

Message Received :18/01/2013 13:29

if your on the victoria main line how are you ment to then change to get a charing cross train?
  • On a train that has taken 90 minutes from waterloo east to mottingham...going nowhere....the driver has decided to not tell us whats going on...
  • All lines are now blocked between Bromley South and Bickley due to poor weather. #southeastern

Think ill get the boat home later if it starts to deteriorate.

Could go to the Dial Arch.. if Ian he makes it home before closing that is as his boss insisted on going to booked meetings in Chelmsford, Bury St Eds and Cambridge today which i thought was a bit stupid.
  • Robert said:

On a train that has taken 90 minutes from waterloo east to mottingham...going nowhere....the driver has decided to not tell us whats going on...

Excellent!

Is it still snowing?

I'm playing the "wait til later and hope it dies down a bit" option
  • I'm leaving in half hour to head to the Dial, not getting caught in all this sh*t later.
  • If you use a metro line to get home please leave NOW if you can, services are really having problems and ice is starting to effect running. 1 in 4 are running at the moment. They are trying to even out each line.
  • edited January 2013
    Futher update they are doing all they can to put on longer trains for the time of day
  • edited January 2013
    what is metro line?
  • Sponsored links:

• What is a metro line.
  • All metro lines are now subject to problems trains having problems at cx and cs
  • razil said:

what is metro line?

London to Gravesend lines - Bexleyheath, Sidcup, Woolwich
    Hayes, Sevenoaks and Bromley lines

• I only have this as I am standing by the hut on platform 1 at lb watching the train monitor and ear wiging the radio comns.
  • according to the web site everything running to time! ermmmmm
  • I only have this as I am standing by the hut on platform 1 at lb watching the train monitor and ear wiging the radio comns.

Ha ha only on Charlton Life!!
  • On a train so no more updates sorry guys. Lucky for me our offices in vauxhall had a power cut at 12:30 and they will not have it back until gone 4. Unlucky that also means no connection to network rail for updates
  • Well the useless feckers have already raised their white flag:

Southeastern passengers may Local Buses, London Underground and Docklands Light Railway via any reasonable route #SnowSoutheastern #uksnow
  • If we had the Winter Olympics everything would be running fine...
  • Curb_It said:

Well the useless feckers have already raised their white flag:

How can you see it? If it's snowing.