Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wolverhampton Pubs

Anybody who went to Wolves yesterday by train may have noticed that so many pubs were home fans only. I know there will always be pubs which are home only but to have so many of them in the town centre as home fans only for a random fixture just took the piss.

Comments

• Options
    Had to buy myself a wolves scarf, went straight in the bin on the way home
  • Options
    Shoulda just gone walkabout?
  • Options

Had to buy myself a wolves scarf, went straight in the bin on the way home

Strange.
  • Options
    Gotta be kidding
  • Options
    I was able to get into a place called "Indi" on the corner of a couple of streets which was ok but having so many in the town centre as home fans isa tad over the top.
  • Options
    We got stopped at the door asked what team we supported at the walkabout, away fans only were allowed in there.
  • Options
    Went into the Tap & Spile after the game, dodgy as ****. Was a mix of total drunks and their 'boys'. Kept my head down and had a quick one before going back to the station
  • Options
    The Great Western was excellent.
  • Options
    And away fan friendly?
  • Options
    Yes, very friendly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The Great Western was excellent.

Yeah I ventured in there to meet up with old friends I met on holiday roughly 4 years ago. I had absolutely no trouble getting in there, despite being in full colours, and found most Wolves fans a knowledgeable bunch. They were very quick to remind me of the 3-2 loss we suffered at home to them during the 2007-2008 season. The infamous Ebanks-Blake 'wondergoal' and Karl Henry's sickening last minute winner. How times have changed!
  • Options
    A great selection of beers and ales at the Great Western too.
  • Options
    The Great Western is a lovely old fashioned boozer with great real ales. Perhaps The Royal Oak could send up a representative to see how to serve big crowds quickly on a match day?
  • Options

The Great Western is a lovely old fashioned boozer with great real ales. Perhaps The Royal Oak could send up a representative to see how to serve big crowds quickly on a match day?

I thought the same. They could hardly turn around behind the bar, yet 4 of them served everyone very quickly, even though it was packed. Excellent bar staff.