Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wolverhampton Pubs

Anybody who went to Wolves yesterday by train may have noticed that so many pubs were home fans only. I know there will always be pubs which are home only but to have so many of them in the town centre as home fans only for a random fixture just took the piss.

Comments

• Had to buy myself a wolves scarf, went straight in the bin on the way home
  • Shoulda just gone walkabout?
  • Had to buy myself a wolves scarf, went straight in the bin on the way home

Strange.
  • Gotta be kidding
  • I was able to get into a place called "Indi" on the corner of a couple of streets which was ok but having so many in the town centre as home fans isa tad over the top.
  • We got stopped at the door asked what team we supported at the walkabout, away fans only were allowed in there.
  • Went into the Tap & Spile after the game, dodgy as ****. Was a mix of total drunks and their 'boys'. Kept my head down and had a quick one before going back to the station
  • The Great Western was excellent.
  • And away fan friendly?
  • Yes, very friendly.
  • Sponsored links:

• The Great Western was excellent.

Yeah I ventured in there to meet up with old friends I met on holiday roughly 4 years ago. I had absolutely no trouble getting in there, despite being in full colours, and found most Wolves fans a knowledgeable bunch. They were very quick to remind me of the 3-2 loss we suffered at home to them during the 2007-2008 season. The infamous Ebanks-Blake 'wondergoal' and Karl Henry's sickening last minute winner. How times have changed!
  • A great selection of beers and ales at the Great Western too.
  • The Great Western is a lovely old fashioned boozer with great real ales. Perhaps The Royal Oak could send up a representative to see how to serve big crowds quickly on a match day?
  • The Great Western is a lovely old fashioned boozer with great real ales. Perhaps The Royal Oak could send up a representative to see how to serve big crowds quickly on a match day?

I thought the same. They could hardly turn around behind the bar, yet 4 of them served everyone very quickly, even though it was packed. Excellent bar staff.