Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lowest away crowd you've been at

Comments

• Options
    was in the away end for a friday night thriller at the vetchfield for swansea v torquay.
    me and the better half were 2 of 19 torquay fans.
  • Options

was in the away end for a friday night thriller at the vetchfield for swansea v torquay.
    me and the better half were 2 of 19 torquay fans.

On the subject of Torquay, I saw them at home to Stockport on a Tuesday night back in the 80s, and Stockport had 4 in the away end.

• Options
    Danepak said:

Not Charlton, but there was a total of 5 of us at Tolka Park (Dublin), when we (OB Odense) played Shelbourne in the Intertoto Cup (2006).
    The players came down and shook our hands after the game.

Sundsvall v Elfsborg 2008, we had to win by about to win the swedish title, Elfsborg had 14!
  • Options

) However at Blackburn in January 82, we had 7 or 8. The game was due to be held on the Saturday but the country was blanketed in snow and it was called off. Blackburn rearranged it optimistically for the Tuesday night but with London and the south-east still struggling, no-one thought it would go ahead. One of my mates phoned that morning and someone at the Blackburn ground told us it would go ahead. Five of us drove up and found that there were only two other fans in the old away end and they were a father and son who were relatively local.

And there was a nationwide train strike. I was living in Nottingham at the time, heard about the game being on at about 10am so got a coach to Manchester and a succession of buses to Ewood, got there about 10 minutes in. The away end was closed at this point so stood along the side. Not even double figures there. And we won.
  • Options
    Watching Charlton Cons Club up Avery Hill, only about 3 of us until one of us had to run the line! Eh @DA9? ; )
  • Options
    I wonder if Cardiff are having the same thread on their site today, did you see their turnout at Ipswich yesterday
  • Options

I wonder if Cardiff are having the same thread on their site today, did you see their turnout at Ipswich yesterday

Not remarking on that match specifically but media does often mis-represent. Our turnout at Blackburn in the FA Cup (1-0 win Pitcher goal) was described on national radio as a small band of about 250, ignoring the fact we had a large section of the top tier as well, and (probably) 1000+ (i was in lower), which was blooming good for a midweek away up there where we were given no hope. Never trusted radio commentators since then. TV can also be selective.

• Options
    The best thing is now there are official numbers and that discounts all the over exaggerated guesstimates .....
  • Options
    Some records i obtained from Greenwich Police back in season 1994-1995
    Oldham 5-2.....679
    Portsmouth 1-1.......1016
    Grimsby 0-1..............274
    Stoke 3-2..................241
    Swindon 1-3 cup........305
    Notts County 3-3.......804
    Port Vale 0-2.............405
    Derby 2-2,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,603
    Sunderland 1-1.........167
    Tranmere 1-1...........410
    Barnsley 2-1.............330
    Wolves 2-0...............832
    Luton 0-1................660
    Bolton 5-1...............313
    Playing in same division as this season only four teams remain .This first appeared in VOTV march 1995.
  • Options
    I was one of 167 at Sunderlan Tuesday NIght at the old Roker Park it was I remember it well
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hereford away, second leg league cup, three one up from the home game. About 1989? Seemed to be about 25 of us there?

I'd have said there were minimum of 100 there for that (we didn't know we'd scored as there was fog and it was at the far end ) until they kicked off.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Hereford away, second leg league cup, three one up from the home game. About 1989? Seemed to be about 25 of us there?

I'd have said there were minimum of 100 there for that (we didn't know we'd scored as there was fog and it was at the far end ) until they kicked off.
    yep everyone just stood around until the centre was taken
    no idea how many we had i was battered

272 our official number at northwich victoria
  • Options
    wolves away may 96-97 about 48 of us on a friday night
  • Options
    buckshee said:

25? Oh behave!
  • Options
    Good blast from the blast from Lewis Coaches

I was at all of them other than Oldham and Swindon in the cup.

Sunderland we were in the tiny little corner at Roker
  • Options
    Everton in the Full Members Cup sure there was 37.
  • Options
    Burnley away a couple of few years ago, midweek game with bignose in charge, think there must have been about 150 there
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Watching Charlton Cons Club up Avery Hill, only about 3 of us until one of us had to run the line! Eh @DA9? ; )

Please, lib club fella lol :-)
  • Options

buckshee said:

Great night at hereford, remember the curry after the game and the old bill sneaking up on us in the services car park while we were skinning up?
  • Options

Some records i obtained from Greenwich Police back in season 1994-1995
    Oldham 5-2.....679
    Portsmouth 1-1.......1016
    Grimsby 0-1..............274
    Stoke 3-2..................241
    Swindon 1-3 cup........305
    Notts County 3-3.......804
    Port Vale 0-2.............405
    Derby 2-2,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,603
    Sunderland 1-1.........167
    Tranmere 1-1...........410
    Barnsley 2-1.............330
    Wolves 2-0...............832
    Luton 0-1................660
    Bolton 5-1...............313
    Playing in same division as this season only four teams remain .This first appeared in VOTV march 1995.

Did most of those, and met the wife on the coach to the Bolton stuffing.

Bad day all round....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DA9 said:

BIG_ROB said:

Please, lib club fella lol :-)
    Shit, yeah my bad. Cons Club were the younger lot! ; )
  • Options

wolves away may 96-97 about 48 of us on a friday night

Just checked it was sept and we lost 1 nil

I think that muscat ruined holmes career the year after

Looks like that is going to win the lowest away fan league for us

• Options
    edited October 2012
    probably that sunderland game for me on the tuesday night that lewis coaches put up above, was my last chance to watch the boys before i went traveling round the middle east... though i remember a trip to plymouth one year that was a good low turnout?

back in the day i was a bit obsessed with going to the unfashionable games, first round cup ect... specially midweek up north in the middle of winter, jumping trains was so much easier then with the national rail network and if i took me motor id just kip in that overnight and treat myself to a few beers.
  • Options
    21of us, china tour
  • Options
    Brighton at the goldstone for me. About 70 for zenith data systems cup in mid December. Lost 3 nil. Also happens to be the coldest I've been at a Charlton match.
  • Options

Brighton at the goldstone for me. About 70 for zenith data systems cup in mid December. Lost 3 nil. Also happens to be the coldest I've been at a Charlton match.

It was very cold , snowed if memory serves me right.

• Options

yeah forgot about that one , had 3 beers that night so can't remember how many were there
  • Options

buckshee said:

Great night at hereford, remember the curry after the game and the old bill sneaking up on us in the services car park while we were skinning up?
    can't remember who drove , i think it was you drinking wine and smoking a joint
    i was still shitting myself from the small kick off in the boozer when i exited out the back door !
  • Options
    Was at the Burnley league cup game and Goodison Park for the Full Members - we had one half full coach.

Grimsby away which has already been mentioned, was the day Kinsella and Rufus were sent off.

I have a vague memory of a league cup game at Lincoln around 87 that there were very few at.
  • Options
    Pre-season friendly at Stevenage, 1998. 4-0 victory. Six of us in the away end.