Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Last of the Legends

edited September 2012 in Not Sports Related
....with the passing of Andy Williams last year, it left me pondering who are the remaining/surviving 'Legends' of music, stage and screen. Whose death would be headline news in the UK and across the world? For me it would be the likes of Kirk Douglas, Tony Bennett and Mickey Rooney. Who would you consider a (non-footballing!) Living Legend?

Comments

• ................I meant last 'week' of course.
  • They're not the "last", other "legends" will come.
  • How about Bridgette Bardot?
  • Tom Jones, Elton John, Cliff Richard, they'd all make headline news.
  • Well, he may have been the last of the crooners, but what about Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, Paul Rodgers, Brian May, Rod Stewart, Ronnie Wood, David Bowie, etc.
  • Paul McCartney (although IMHO he has already "died" just about everytime I've heard him sing on TV these past 10 or 20 years!)
  • Michael Caine
  • Bob De Niro.

Seriously, there are bundles. Every generation has their own.
  • meldrew66 said:

....with the passing of Andy Williams last year, it left me pondering who are the remaining/surviving 'Legends' of music, stage and screen. Whose death would be headline news in the UK and across the world? For me it would be the likes of Kirk Douglas, Tony Bennett and Mickey Rooney. Who would you consider a (non-footballing!) Living Legend?

I respect the names you've listed but they don't mean much to me culturally, way before my time. Every generation has their "legends"-these aren't mines.
  • Sponsored links:

• Saga Lout said:

Well, he may have been the last of the crooners, but what about Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, Paul Rodgers, Brian May, Rod Stewart, Ronnie Wood, David Bowie, etc.

Wot no Clapton, or does he come under etc? {:-)
  • Peter o' Toole
  • David Gilmour? Jimmy Page? Brian May?
  • Noel Gallagher, jimmy page, Michael Caine, lennox Lewis, my dad, me, bob Dylan, June brown, frank skinner
  • Animal from the muppets
  • The day Tom eats jerry and he dies for real
  • Off_it said:

Paul McCartney (although IMHO he has already "died" just about everytime I've heard him sing on TV these past 10 or 20 years!)

Still good live.

• Sean Connery, Roger Moore, Neil Diamond, Brucie
  • Leslie Philips "ding, dong".
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2012
    March51 said:

Saga Lout said:

Well, he may have been the last of the crooners, but what about Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, Paul Rodgers, Brian May, Rod Stewart, Ronnie Wood, David Bowie, etc.

Dammit! Sorry I missed Eric off, and whilst we're on the subject, need to add Ginger Baker and Jack Bruce.
  • Olivia de Havilland
  • edited September 2012
  • Saga Lout said:

March51 said:

Saga Lout said:

Dammit! Sorry I missed Eric off, and whilst we're on the subject, need to add Ginger Baker and Jack Bruce.
    Used to collect EC's Mercs for servicing and one day he opened the garage up to show us his new Farrari Enzo. Said he'd just been nicked for driving without number plates. He reckoned there was nowhere to put them and they spoilt the looks of the car. Told him I had the same trouble with mine!
  • March51 said:

Saga Lout said:

March51 said:

Saga Lout said:

Used to collect EC's Mercs for servicing and one day he opened the garage up to show us his new Farrari Enzo. Said he'd just been nicked for driving without number plates. He reckoned there was nowhere to put them and they spoilt the looks of the car. Told him I had the same trouble with mine!
    Mate of mine's wife was his accountant for a while - they used to go to his New Year's Eve parties - I asked what they were like and he said you would not believe the cars that turned up! Of course, everyone was driving because there was no booze there.
  • edited September 2012
    Hope they weren't tempted by the pub on his doorstep!
  • I think we're talking about vetran legends from the 50s and 60s or are elderly now.
  • OK then: Joe Brown & Marty Wilde: 71 and 73 respectively: still touring.
  • David Hasselhoff......