Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Last of the Legends

2»

Comments

• Options
    David Jason
  • Options
    david attenborough
  • Options
    Dolly Parton
  • Options
    Chris Powell
  • Options
    Oh no footy legends :( D'oh
  • Options
    Non of the above names is a real show stopper, such as Sinatra, with the exception of Cliff Richard in he UK, not that he was in Sinatra's league. Neither was Andy Williams IMO.
    Don't forget Margaret Thatcher and Bill Clinton will front page the tabloids and the Queen would dominate the news for a week or two. Not sure about the Duke of E. With the pope it is all about who comes next rather than the ex Nazi.
  • Options
    Robert Redford, Barbara Streisand & Doris Day can be added to that list.
  • Options

david attenborough

this
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    And Richard Attenborough? Been acting in, directing and producing films since 1942. Suppose his Chelsea affiliation lets him down though.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

meldrew66 said:

....with the passing of Andy Williams last year, it left me pondering who are the remaining/surviving 'Legends' of music, stage and screen. Whose death would be headline news in the UK and across the world? For me it would be the likes of Kirk Douglas, Tony Bennett and Mickey Rooney. Who would you consider a (non-footballing!) Living Legend?

I respect the names you've listed but they don't mean much to me culturally, way before my time. Every generation has their "legends"-these aren't mines.
    The modern phenomena of "anything that happened before me is irrelevant". It is a shame, because you can learn so much from the past.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2012
    There are still some stars of the old days of Hollywood (pre 1960s?) left - Debbie Reynolds, Shirley Temple, Mickey Rooney, Doris Day, Joan Fontaine and Olivia de Havilland (real life sisters), Angela Lansbury, James Garner, Maureen O'Hara, Sidney Poitier, Robert Wagner.... Then there are the next generation including Clint Eastwood, Julie Andrews (and Dick Van Dyke), Sean Connery etc but there are so many of them that it would be near impossible to compile a definitive list.