Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Message to Fellow Aussie Addicks

I guess many of my fellow Down Under Addicks were looking forward to seeing the boys on Fox Sports this season? You know, regular live games, weekly highlights and all that? Not going to happen.

Those f====n a======s at Setanta Sports have bought the Football League rights so if you want to watch any CAFC action then you are going to have to pony up A$15.99 per month.

I am seriously pissed off that Fox Sports did not retain the FL rights, they have more money than God and they let these upstarts from Setanta (Lord only knows how they stay in business anyway) outbid them for the Football League.

Anyway, even though I am ropeable (I already pay A$130 per month for Foxtel) I am going to have to pony up the dosh for Setanta as my two boys are desperate to see some live CAFC games and Setanta are showing both the away game at Forest and the home match with Palace in the coming weeks.

Here is the link for those who want to sign up....

http://www.setanta.com/au/How-To-Subscribe/Foxtel/

Comments

• Very annoying but needs must and it's not in HD...

• Thanks for the info as I didn't know this. I do already have Setanata actually having signed up to watch the England games at the Euros and then not getting around to cancelling the subscription. That I reckon is how they get most of their continued business from bone idle people like myself. Anyway for once it appears to have worked in my favour as I don't now have the misfortune of having to phone them again to re-subscribe. Happy days.
  • On an unrelated note I will be going on holiday to Australia in April, so this is sort of a bookmark for advice and information
  • I think its "only" an extra $8.00 per month
  • Seriously considering making an Oz move.
  • JT said:

Seriously considering making an Oz move.

It's expensive to live here now
  • Already got setanta for internationals
  • Already got setanta for internationals

That's the thing though, you only find out Setanta have got stuff when you can't find it on Foxtel.

For the Euros I had no idea Foxtel were not showing them until the morning of the England game when I tried to watch it!
  • You don't get TV guides in Oz?
  • You don't get TV guides in Oz?

For some reason Foxtel are not all that keen on publicising what their rival channels are showing, I can't work out why......
  • Sponsored links:

• dont know if u can get astro supersports in oz but we pick it up in thailand from malaysia and they will be showing championship games.
  • dont know if u can get astro supersports in oz but we pick it up in thailand from malaysia and they will be showing championship games.

My mate works for Astro out of KL - he heads up their anti-piracy division......!
  • For those who don't have setanta, Forrest verses Charlton is the live ten o'clock game. I can't wait to see our boys play live two weeks in a row. We never got a game live at the three o'clock kick offs on foxtel it was only prem league, so there is one good thing to come from setanta getting the rights.
  • I cant find the FL highlights show on setanta. They say they are showing it this season, but I've been through the listings, and i cant find them anywhere. Has any of you guys seen it?
  • Dizzle said:

On an unrelated note I will be going on holiday to Australia in April, so this is sort of a bookmark for advice and information

Where you heading to Dizzle? East or west side?

• Watched it the other day showed some of the Birmingham game
  • when was it on mate? and did the show have a specific time slot?
  • They show it a few times during the week over here in the west it starts Tuesday 8.45pm then repeated Wednesday at 11.30am
  • thank you.

My mate works for Astro out of KL - he heads up their anti-piracy division......!
    Well don't send him to Thailand because everyone knows that all Astro feeds are entirely legal here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Notts Forest v Charlton live on Setanta next Saturday night starts 11.55pm

Well don't send him to Thailand because everyone knows that all Astro feeds are entirely legal here.
    Er, how can the Astro feeds be legal in Thailand? Astro is owned by Ananda Krishnan out of Malaysia (same bloke who owns the Maxis mobile operator), they don't even run a service in Thailand.

I am sure the good people at True Corporation - operators of the True Visions pay TV service and who paid around US$150 million for their current three-year EPL rights - would politely disagree that Astro is "entirely legal" in Thailand.

The Astro service, via illegally imported settops and smart-cards is widely available in Thailand but it is absolutely 100% not legal, I can assure you of that.

If you don't believe me, then send these guys an email...

http://www.casbaa.com/index.php

They will be more than happy to set you straight as they have been trying to crack down on piracy in Thailand for years, mostly without success.
  • I'm pretty sure that is why he was saying don't send him to Thailand!!
  • Notts Forest v Charlton live on Setanta next Saturday night starts 11.55pm

Hopefully there'll be a stream link somewhere for us in blighty to watch..................................
  • I'm pretty sure that is why he was saying don't send him to Thailand!!

Maybe.

The bloke in question and his colleagues have been pestering the Thais for years to clamp down on illegal pay TV but as a Thai government official told them once, "We have bigger problems than this to deal with!"

• edited August 2012
    Ormiston, there was just a hint of irony in my post.

True Visions now have some pretty good encryption and it's hit the pirates big time. I'm sure Astro will be following suit sometime, which is a shame as Astro is the only source of certain sporting events.
  • Ormiston, there was just a hint of irony in my post.

True Visions now have some pretty good encryption and it's hit the pirates big time. I'm sure Astro will be following suit sometime, which is a shame as Astro is the only source of certain sporting events.

Sorry chief, been up since 5am and it went right over my head!
  • Looks like Celtic has nicked our slot ... Now 420 am it's scheduled for ...
  • charlton v forest game is on tv in thailand legaly this weekend,gmm has the rights and is showing it,cant wait,2 games on the trot.
  • ozaddick said:

Dizzle said:

On an unrelated note I will be going on holiday to Australia in April, so this is sort of a bookmark for advice and information

Where you heading to Dizzle? East or west side?

Im heading to a wedding in Perth on the 6th April. Then after that i plan to visit some other places. Sydney obviously being the main one. Just visiting the touristy places. The missus wants to do the bridge climb. Wants to visit a zoo or safari. Now its booked im going to start looking into things to do