Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Message to Fellow Aussie Addicks

2»

Comments

• Options
    mascot88 said:

Looks like Celtic has nicked our slot ... Now 420 am it's scheduled for ...

Thanks for the heads up mascot. I'm very peed off. Now can't look at emails or internet till game ends on Setanta or will know the result. Unbelievable.

• Options

mascot88 said:

Looks like Celtic has nicked our slot ... Now 420 am it's scheduled for ...

Thanks for the heads up mascot. I'm very peed off. Now can't look at emails or internet till game ends on Setanta or will know the result. Unbelievable.

Just watch it on the internet?
  • Options
    Thats What I'm gonna do Stu... Just hope there is a stream... should be if its being broadcast in Thailand...
  • Options
    Sick of Austar/Foxtel, all they do is take away channels but the price still goes up. Wish the kids didn't watch so much Disney channel, I'd cancel tomorrow. Also hoping there's a live stream, although the last one from Forest wasn't too enjoyable!
  • Options
    All booked now.

Flying out on March 28th, 4 nights in Singapore, then on to Perth. Then the wedding is on April 6th, and we fly home April 21st. After the wedding and before we go home we will definitely be flying to sydney for 3 or 4 nights to do the touristy stuff.

If anybody has any advice for me or some tips etc I will be very grateful.
  • Options
    Obviously when in Sydney you will have to do the bridge climb well,worth the money. I have done the day and the twilight trips. Do twilight if you can so you can experience the city both at day and night. Then to opera bar for a few drinks by the harbor. I know everyone does it but you can't beat it.

Lots of great walks in Sydney as well. Catch a ferry from circular key to watsons bay. Have a bit of lunch at Doyle's pub and do the coastal walk to Bondi. Will take a couple of hours along the cliffs. You might even see some whales at that time of year as they migrate north.

The ocean will be nice and warm in March so do some surfing at Manly beach. Less busy then Bondi and more to do when there.

Good luck with the trip I am sure you will have a great time.
  • Options
    Oh you lucky devil. Lived on Manly beach for a year so do recommend the surfing as SA mentions above and the ferry trip is worth it too. Been too long since i was there to recommend anything else.

• Options
    Thanks guys, I really do appreciate the advice and tips. I am making notes and Its more than likely that I will be doing most of those things :).

What are the chances of the missus getting to hold a Koala bear? Im sure thats all she wants to do! Shes borderline obsessed!
  • Options
    any zoo has Koala's to cuddle Dizzle, so your lady will get her wish! I suggest the Steve Irwin Zoo, Haven't done it myself, but heard great things.
    West side, my patch, you have Rottnest Island is about half hour ferry ride from Fremantle, well worth a day trip. Freo markets on a weekend are great. I get back to you with more Dizzle.

Oh one more, do the W.A aquarium at Hillary's boat harbour, really good there!
  • Options
    @Dizzle

Will look forward to a catch up in Perth when you're here. Me and @ozaddick share a house north of the city in Currambine.
    The missus will be able to hold a koala bear over here in the west at Caversham Wildlife Park (should have a website).

Will be ideal time of year weather wise also, over the really hot stuff!! Around early 30's, nice and comfortable. Especially on a Saturday night listening to the addicks with a few glasses of something cold!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hi Guys, thanks for this info. This helps me a great deal. We are flying out as its my girlfriends cousins wedding. Im pretty sure a member of the family will be looking after us but I was coming a bit stuck for things to do in and around Perth, so this info helps! Im glad there are a few things to do locally.

I will be more than happy to catch up for a beer or something. I think a member of her family works in Joondalup so im sure we can work something out. I will look into the Caversham Wildlife Park too.

Im really excited, and its good news that its a good time of year weather wise. Obviously missing our games will be a sore point, so hopefully you can direct me to the best way of listening / watching to hear our games.

Thanks again for the advice :-)
  • Options
    Dizzle, first things first, my house mate @Eirik Bakke is a div. ;-)
    Secondly, if you fancy catching up for a pint, we will be more than happy to do so. I'm sure you'll have a great time over here! Well, there, I'm in the UK at the moment.
  • Options
    Just passing this on...........

AFCBSydneySupporters ‏@AFCBSydney
    @Bournemouthecho RT pls? If you're #AFCB fan living in #Sydney get in touch w @AFCBSydney 4 details where we'll be celebrating promotion!