Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• No mention of Entourage.... double shame on you all.

Just starting Breaking Bad series 2. It is living up to it's hype.
  • Really enjoying The Newsroom at the moment - season one 1-4 so far only but is well written with good characters.
    First episode was on Sky Atlantic last Tuesday, thoroughly enjoyed it and looking forward to episode 2 tonight.
  • No mention of Entourage.... double shame on you all.

Just starting Breaking Bad series 2. It is living up to it's hype.
    Loved Entourage but the last couple of seasons were very poor.

Finishing off BB series 3 at the moment and after a slow start to this one it really has kicked up another level
  • New Girl.

Very funny and Zooey Deschanel is hot!
  • Spiral .. French cop series
  • Breaking Bad S5 kicked off well a couple of nights ago. If you haven't seen it from the start then do yourself a massive favour and watch the first four series asap.

The Newsroom looks a lot of fun too. Love Jeff Daniels!
  • Hell on Wheels... building the (USA) transcontinental railway. Corrupt management, brutal conditions, rough chaps doing the real work... not so different from today's workplaces!
  • Rome - very good, well worth a watch

Walking dead - brilliant! Can't wait for season 3

Dexter - very good
  • I watch many US shows, some shown here and some not.

Eastbound and Down
    House (just finished)

Eastbound and Down 1st season was brilliant, think it went downhill after that.
    I used to love House but the repetitiveness finally got to me after about season 6.
    I'm currently working my way through Rescue Me, not the greatest but enjoyable in a sit there not think kind of way, some hilarious moments in it.
    There's a scene in the second series where he signs for the Mexican club and comes out wrapped in the stars and stripes with fireworks and music going off, doing a dance and giving the disinterested crowd the finger, that absolutely cracks me up no matter how many times I see it. I'd love it if we would sign someone like that. Maybe Zlatan or JT in 2019.

No mentions for the new Bevis and Butthead which are fantastic and benefit from the addition of crap reality TV to the boys viewing.
  • edited July 2012
    Rome - very good, well worth a watch

They did a 2nd season of that but under a different name. I agree with you though, very good tv
  • Sponsored links:

• Community is amazing.
  • Just got into Gold Rush too . Well worth watching .
    Great show!

Don't know if it's been mentioned above but watched a cracking few series of 'Friday Night Lights', well worth a watch
  • I concur, Chevy Chase is hillarious in this...
    Community is amazing.
  • As a fellow shift worker, you cant beat the Ricky Gervais cartoon show from E4 to unwind to - 30 mins long so just the right length, makes you laugh and unwind before a kip.
  • The Walking dead
    This all day long pos the most entertaining thing I've watched on the telly box
  • We have just started the marathon that will be Mad Men. Episode 5, series 1 after dinner tonight.
  • edited July 2012
    I thought they were better as podcasts
    As a fellow shift worker, you cant beat the Ricky Gervais cartoon show from E4 to unwind to - 30 mins long so just the right length, makes you laugh and unwind before a kip.
  • New series of The Borgias starting this weekend if you like that sort of thing
  • The Newsroom. Just started over in Yankland. Its very good.
  • for anyone that enjoyed the sopranos, brotherhood is fairly similar n worth a watch
  • Sponsored links:

• Not a TV series - but there have been some good documentaries on the BBC recently. The "Secret History of Our Streets" and the Shakespeare stuff in particular.
  • ER
    My all time favourite show. When Mark died I was distraught
  • for anyone that enjoyed the sopranos, brotherhood is fairly similar n worth a watch
    This and sons of anarchy will be my next to waste evenings to
  • edited July 2012
    for anyone that enjoyed the sopranos, brotherhood is fairly similar n worth a watch
    This and sons of anarchy will be my next to waste evenings to
    Sons of Anarchy is brilliant. Loved Brotherhood too despite it being canned far too early.

Hello to Jason Issacs .
  • edited July 2012
    Just finished watching the Danish/Swedish series The Bridge and I can honestly say its in my top 5 shows of all time along with the Sopranos and The Wire . Stunning show that pulls absolutely no punches. Highly recomended.
  • Just watched all of Prison Break, great show I recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it, without doubt the best TV series I have watched so far.
  • Did you not find the ending a bit disappointing? it was a good series, i thought it got a bit farcical towards the end. I am now fully up to date with breaking bad, great series.
  • Thought Prison Break started well enough but went gradually downhill. Working my way through Oz at the moment, brutal but brilliant.
  • Hacked off that they sneaked the start of series two of Vexed in last week, and only started publicising it this week...
  • edited August 2012
    shine166 said:

Finally caught up with season 3 and will finish 4 tonight, this show seems to just get better

Totally agree. I'm now bang up to date with this and eagarly await every episode (season5). Really couldn't see how they could've made more than 2 seasons before running out of ideas but with every season, it just steps up another level.

For anyone who hasn't seen this, give it a go. Takes a few episodes to get going but well worth it.....................