Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Just started Breaking Bad thanks to this thread, only seen a couple of episodes so far but loving it.
  • Options
    Just taken loan of Breaking Bad season 2
  • Options
    Talal said:

Just started Breaking Bad thanks to this thread, only seen a couple of episodes so far but loving it.

Gets better by each episode.
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

Yeah Suits is decent.

Liked Newsroom, only problem is although the script is quite witty the dialogue didn't feel very natural, although that's probably just me nit picking. Will definitely watch the second season.

I'm currently on to Sons of Anarchy season 2, have to say it is brilliant.

There's an awful series where they go to Northern Ireland coming up...
    Oh thanks for puting a downer on that Mort.

Have to say I was surprised to see Henry Rollins pop up in the 2nd series, took me a few minutes to sink in that it was him.
  • Options
    Breaking bad on Netflix is great.
  • Options
    Just finished watching the new Dallas, thought it was really well written and so fast paced, great entertainment.

JR and Bobby great as we're the new cast.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Series 3 of Walking Dead is pure quality, miles better than season two. Watched season one of Sherlock, enjoyed it but not sure if its as good as they hype makes it out to be. Thought the episodes were a small bit on the long side and slightly drawn out.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Breaking bad on Netflix is great.

Just watched last three episodes of Season 4. Brilliant.
  • Options
    Got a choice between "The Shield" and "Dark Blue" to watch. Which should I go for?
  • Options
    Really enjoying Homeland at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure (without going back through all posts) if it's been mentioned...........

Hell on wheels. Now running in it's 3rd series. I'm just finishing the first series and enjoying every minute of it (thanks to Blackheath addick for the heads up).
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    A message to any other users of Netfix (or those thinking of using).

If, like me, you use a game console (ps3) to use this, Go into your settings and change the IP settings to show that you're in the US. This way you get thousands more shows on offer than you get on the UK version.

My post above is a prime example. Not on UK version but on US...................................
  • Options
    Bagpuss said:

Got a choice between "The Shield" and "Dark Blue" to watch. Which should I go for?

SHIELD. Just completed the seven season marathon. Fantastic ending
  • Options

Not sure (without going back through all posts) if it's been mentioned...........

Hell on wheels. Now running in it's 3rd series. I'm just finishing the first series and enjoying every minute of it (thanks to Blackheath addick for the heads up).

What's it about?

(I do realise I could google it but I'm being lazy)
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

What's it about?

Travelling to away games by coach
  • Options
    Bit late, but Dexter and Fringe are both very good.
  • Options

If, like me, you use a game console (ps3) to use this, Go into your settings and change the IP settings to show that you're in the US. This way you get thousands more shows on offer than you get on the UK version.

My post above is a prime example. Not on UK version but on US...................................

Interesting....Does it also give you access to more films Tango?
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

What's it about?

Set in the US just after the end of the civil war and the end of slavery, about the building of a railroad across the country. Near the end of Season 2 for me and it's very good.
  • Options
    Concur on series three of the walking dead, big step up from season 2, talk about changing the Cast up!
  • Options

What would a us IP address show as?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ChiAddick said:

Really enjoying Homeland at the moment.

Second this....fantastic series, Damien Lewis is fantastic in it

• Options
    Anyone using Netflix and want a way to watch the US version, try this:
    http://www.mediahint.com/
  • Options
    Talal said:

Me too. I've been watching 2 or 3 episodes a week for about 2 months. Nearly finished Season 2 now. My favourite ever American TV show. Keep the recommendations coming.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

What would a us IP address show as?
    Go to your Network settings and change to the following.

Primary DNS: 208.122.23.22
    Secondary DNS: 208.122.23.23

That was for the PS3 but should work on all consoles. For watching on pc/Laptop, I use a programme called Hotspot shield (a bit hit and miss and have to turn it off/on til it picks up the right IP)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Homeland is the nuts. And that's coming from someone isn't usually into TV dramas.

Did make me laugh though when I found out the CIA anti-terrorism director was born and bred in Birmingham. Incredibly convincing accent.
  • Options
    Currently on season 4 of the wire, great programme with a couple of British actors not only speaking with flawless Baltimore accents but actually stealing every scene they're in
  • Options
    The Hour returns to BBC2 on Wednesday. First series was great.
  • Options

How long is it on for ?

• Options

How long is it on for ?

Six weeks...

• Options
    There's a 4 part mini series on Channel 4 called Secret State, watched the first episode and really enjoyed it. Probably up on 4od