Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• maybe a little Dennis Waterman?

Even if youve seen them before its still worth another go at The sweeney and Minder.
    and while your getting snacks in for the next episode stick on the single him and George Cole did together... "What Are We Gonna Get For 'Er Indoors?".

• The Killing, Series I and II (the original Danish versions), not the US remake. Absolutely superb. Though like The Wire, you'll end up wanting to watch 2 or 3 at once, so with the shift work not sure how your sleep patterns will be affected!
    Definitely with you on this one, kkb !

• The Bridge is another great Scandinavian series.
    Agreed. I loved both series of The Killing but I thought The Bridge was even better. The blonde female Swedish detective with autism is absolutely brilliant.
    Agreed. I loved both series of The Killing but I thought The Bridge was even better. The blonde female Swedish detective with autism is absolutely brilliant.
    Yes, quite a character !

• I'm trying out breaking bad - watched the pilot a few years back and enjoyed it but subsequently got distracted, 5 episodes in already - sleep pattern shall be further affected! I watched the Killing whilst i was working out in thailand - it was fantastic - Sarah Lund, mmm. I've heard good things about the bridge and borgen. I watched a film called aftermath with sofie grobel in after watching the killing - it was awful, unless you like being utterly depressed by a film. watched a couple of series of dexter a few years back, also loved it, but then got distracted with work. The killing got me back into foreign films, watched some brilliant ones whilst away
  • I'm working my way through the Shield at the moment. The Wire's dumb (but entertaining) little brother.
    Also like Oz (although you have to have a fairly high tolerance for brutality and general stylistic weirdness).
  • I watch many US shows, some shown here and some not.

Breaking Bad
    Community
    The Big Bang Theory
    Grimm
    Game Of Thrones
    Blue Mountain State
    Veep
    Falling Skies
    Eastbound and Down
    Fringe
    Parks and Recreation
    Modern Family
    New Girl
    True Blood
    Death Valley
    House (just finished)

UK Shows:

Silk
    Misfits

They should keep you busy!
  • I watch many US shows, some shown here and some not.

Eastbound and Down
    House (just finished)

Eastbound and Down 1st season was brilliant, think it went downhill after that.
    I used to love House but the repetitiveness finally got to me after about season 6.
    I'm currently working my way through Rescue Me, not the greatest but enjoyable in a sit there not think kind of way, some hilarious moments in it.
  • Rome was also pretty good, think it was only a 2 season job but proper addictive
  • Sponsored links:

• Spartacus was fun before Andy Whitfield died. Proper early evening family entertainment.
  • Criminal Minds, Weeds and don't judge but I'm loving Hart of Dixie. Rachel Bilson is gorgeous!
  • Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad
    Breaking Bad. Unfortunately nobody shows it anymore, it didn't rate over here. First three seasons are on Netflix, if you watch them in a month, that's a fiver.

• If you want something non fiction that is entertaining and not too serious, try these:
    Pawn Stars (about a family run pawn shop, funny and very interesting)
    Storage Wars (about these group who go around to allotments/rental units and try to outbid each other)
    American Restoration (small business who restore old bikes, cars, petrol pumps, coke fridges etc)
    Gold Rush (superb series about these unemployed american from Oregon who go in search of gold, it's brilliant)
    American Pickers and Cash Cowboys ( about these guys who go around Canada and the States who go through people;s collections and buy them etc)

All those shows are on History and Discovery pretty much everyday.
  • Breaking Bad is superb although a little underwhelmed by season 3.
    Oz I could not finish, absolutely brutal show.
    No mention of Dexter? Shame on you all,
    See my post above. 8th one from the top. ;-)

No shame on you then Tango. How good was John Lithgow in that season? Makes me want to watch it again

No shame on you then Tango. How good was John Lithgow in that season? Makes me want to watch it again
    That's the season I've just seen. Had me hooked. Taking a week off (as I've watched the first 4 seasons in under 2 weeks) but will soon be back in the saddle for 5 & 6.

• Gold Rush (superb series about these unemployed american from Oregon who go in search of gold, it's brilliant)
    started on this today while in the studio.... ended up doing pretty much 0 painting :)
  • Just got into Gold Rush too . Well worth watching .
  • Just got into Gold Rush too . Well worth watching .
    Hope you paid your rental.
  • Sponsored links:

• Couldn't even last ten seconds...
  • Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad
  • The Borgias
    This show annoys me, seems to me like they completely stole the story published and brought to note by Mario Puzo, my favourite author. I know its a historical story but it seems like they've gone about the entire story in exactly the same fashion as he did.
  • Finally caught up with season 3 and will finish 4 tonight, this show seems to just get better
    Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad
  • Line of Duty on BBC2 is excellent.
    Yes, I like this one too. 4th of the 5 episodes on next Tuesday.

Watched the first three on iplayer after your recommendation it was very good
  • Walking Dead - have just watched the first two episodes, think its pretty good tbh
  • Just started season 4 of Breaking Bad. Thought season 3 wasn't as great as the first two seasons (at least until the last couple of episodes) but so far Season 4 has been just brilliant.

This may well topple the Wire for my favourite series ever.
  • Really enjoying The Newsroom at the moment - season one 1-4 so far only but is well written with good characters.