Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Things You Can't Do.....

edited February 2012 in Not Sports Related
......but your mates can.

The mention of smoke rings on another thread made me think that was something I couldn't do when I was younger but some of my friends could.
I was never a proper smoker but of course like any teenager gave it a go. Blowing smoke rings was always impossible to me.

The other one that springs to mind is doing a really good loud whistle with your fingers in your mouth. Somethig to do with folding your tongue apparently. Never got close.

Comments

• yep, soon as i saw the title i thought whistle !

oh and reach the top shelf...
  • their girlfriends.
  • I can't blow bubbles with chewing or bubble gum
  • edited February 2012
    I could never do 'no hands' when riding my bike as a kid.

Wound me up no end it did!
  • roller skate
  • Blowing bubbles, no hands, smoke rings, super whistles... I can do none of these things.

And I cannot roll my Rs. I have no idea how it's done.

• Smoke rings Whistle and gum bubbles plus for some reason I could never click/snap my fingers, which is strange as I can these days.
  • Swear at home games!
  • iron clothes or programme a washing machine.
  • can't make my knuckes crack
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh....and I could never do that fart noise from your armpit either.
  • Fake burp
  • Play the drums.
  • gain entry to cliques
  • I used to be able to make an owl noise by blowing into my hands.. but for the love of all things I can't do it now. I just tried, and my boss asked if I was cold. Probaly better than being asked "why are you making a noise like an owl?" but still!

I also can't sing, not even one note. It sounds like my talking voice has gone wrong.
  • Wink my right eye
  • I couldnt sit on the wooden bench in the football changing room, back touching the wall with "little rodders" drooping over the front of the bench so it was actually at a right angle and was practically touching the floor.

Our Jamaican striker Charlton Peter could.
  • Play the guitar (or pretty much any musical instrument).

Have tried and tried but have finally realised that I have the musicality gene missing in me.
  • Grow a pony tail
  • Sponsored links:

• Making that owl hoot noise with cupped hands over mouth.
  • Making that owl hoot noise with cupped hands over mouth.
    I can, doing it now in fact.
    Add spelling to the list

:-)
  • Couldn't do forward rolls in PE. Can blow smoke rings (and do an Irish Waterfall), can't do the special whistle - Alan Curbishley is still the most talented whistler I've ever seen!
    Add spelling to the list

That applies to many on this (or most) forum (s). I try to ignore it. I try to pretend it doesn't matter. But I just wish people would realise their point would be better made if it was made easier to understand. Punctuation is there for a reason!

• Play tennis.
    every other sport I've tried, including other racquet sports, I've had a natural ability for.
    Add spelling to the list

That applies to many on this (or most) forum (s). I try to ignore it. I try to pretend it doesn't matter. But I just wish people would realise their point would be better made if it was made easier to understand. Punctuation is there for a reason!

Feel free to pick me up on spelling, punctuation or grammar JiMMy. I try very hard to be correct. On here, on e-mail and SMS.

• Cheer Palarse to victory.

Imagine that Wednesday will get promoted.
  • Bite sellotape. My teeth don't meet in the middle so it takes me twice as long to wrap Christmas presents.