Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

"downie"

edited January 2012 in Fun, Jokes & Captions
Sullivan refers to Solly as a "downie" on Twitter - any idea what he means ?

Comments

• Slang term for Down Syndrome.
  • What a wanker he is then
  • edited January 2012
    What a wanker he is then
    Agree mate but probably not worth highlighting as a thread so it gets picked up in the papers/ upsets readers.

• not me who made the thread
  • edited January 2012
    not me who made the thread
    I meant the thread....that im now quoting on to keep it rising! ;-)

• What a wanker he is then
    Agree mate but probably not worth highlighting as a thread so it gets picked up in the papers.

Why not ?

• Exactly Pl54
  • edited January 2012
    Fair enough Pl54 its a disgusting and offensive thing to say but im saying theres enough people waiting to pick up on any ill thought out comment and put it in papers etc and sure it doesnt need highlighting publicly in the mass media or to upset/ offend anyone else on here who may read about it as much of a twat he is for doing it.

Not in anyway defending it and someone should have a quiet word and tell him not to be such a pillock coming out with stuff like that though defo.
  • If that is what he meant by the phrase then he deserves sacking (IMO)

I find it as offensive as comparable comments around gender, race, sexuality etc

Knob
  • Sponsored links:

• I think its Robbie Elliot who uses the term 'downie'
  • I think its Robbie Elliot who uses the term 'downie'
    Could be - I don' t know how it all works in truth

• I thought it meant someone who comes from Downham.
  • Nasty.
    But not as offensive as a 'Dowie'
  • Chris Solly lives in Medway, part of the North Downs

Downie = From the North Downs

• yeah right
  • edited January 2012
    yeah right
    Maybe its true and not everyone is a . Maybe you have taken it out of context and maybe its you who needs to sort yourself out.
  • edited January 2012
    listen i was not the one who put this up and im not losing sleep on this,prob i should have not put the w word up but dont be telling me to sort myself out you dick head
  • Man up... It's thrown about nowdays to mean idiot
  • Sponsored links:

• Man up ?

Does the fact (?) that you think it's acceptable make it acceptable ?

• Man up... It's thrown about nowdays to mean idiot
    If it does mean someone with Downs Syndrome then that makes him and you ####'s.
  • Apologies for the language i just hate when people act offended by everything nowadays and the way the possible explanation was just dismissed. You can't just criticise someone for something just because you jump to your own conclusions.
  • He calls him it because he says he look like he's from Downham. That ok?
  • edited January 2012
    im not acting offended if and your right now IF its relating to downs syndrome i stand by the wanker comment,its a message board somebody put something up and it will get reactions,apology accepted
  • He calls him it because he says he look like he's from Downham. That ok?
    Is that what you think he meant ?

• Give it a rest FFS!!!
  • Banter
  • Give it a rest FFS!!!
    Why ? Do you think that type of comment is acceptable, if it is what most people here believe it is ?
  • edited January 2012
    We've just finished a game, not an hour ago...........and witnessed a goal that none of us are ever likely to forget.
    Were you at The Valley tonight?