Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Powell Poshing Us Up?

edited January 2012 in Fun, Jokes & Captions
Its claimed that football is a working mans game and it used to be reflected in the players names, Bobby, Jacky, Johny, Jim, Geoff. So is CP trying to make us a bit up market, or maybe its a residue of a former fans directro that we find CP has brought in

a Dale, a Daryl, two Bradleys - one with a double barrelled name, three Daniels (Danny), Two Leons, not to mention a cedric (albeit that he is french).

We're begining to sound more like the Eton boating club than a football team.

Comments

• Options
    As long as they can play football they can be called Rupert & Tarquin for all i care Kap :-0
  • Options
    The wife and I arer really struggling to come up with boys names for when our first child is born later this year. I'm hoping to sneak a Charlton-related name past her (if it's a boy) but frankly, SCP is not helping me out much by signing loads of players with the same damn name! I'm quite keen on Daniel though...
  • Options
    Daniel is a great name ;)
  • Options
    A tip for all prospective parents. If your surname is Head, don't call your son Richard. If it is Kerr don't call him Wayne ( my cousin married a bloke of this name)
  • Options
    No he's not 'Working-men' now call their children things like Bradley, Jacob, Daryl. Names which used to mean 'posh' are now common-place where as the number of Chris's, Michael's and Jim's are fewer.
  • Options
    Where are the Sids, Regs and Wallys?
  • Options
    Where are the Wallys?
    Still playing their home games at Selhurst Park last I heard.
  • Options
    We've got more than enough Wally's supporting us Len!
  • Options
    The wife and I arer really struggling to come up with boys names for when our first child is born later this year. I'm hoping to sneak a Charlton-related name past her (if it's a boy) but frankly, SCP is not helping me out much by signing loads of players with the same damn name! I'm quite keen on Daniel though...
    I tried to convince mine that our boy should be called Rufus. She was having none of it.

"What if it's a girl?" "Sasa."
  • Options
    I'm sure our "shitting in the park" contingent will ensure the influx of prawn sandwich munchers is thankfully kept at bay for now.

Saying that some of the posh birds I know are absolute filth so perhaps it wont be long before Jemima and Tarqs are flocking to the Valley to cheer on the super Haddocks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How is Dale, Daryl and Brad posh names?

Chatham names if ever I'd heard them.
  • Options
    As long as we don't get a Tarquin we're safe.
  • Options
    At least we've still got a Len.
  • Options
    Rizzo, Larry is rarely used now, could you start the Larry revival?
  • Options
    I knew a Larry when I was a kid and he was a plank so I'm afraid that one's right out.
  • Options
    my dad wanted me to be called Lennie after Lennie Lawrence. He now admits that he'd then have to call me judas since he left just after i was born
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9jSAJIDGFQ
  • Options
    Nobby
  • Options
    Bert