Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is Powell Poshing Us Up?

edited January 2012 in Fun, Jokes & Captions
Its claimed that football is a working mans game and it used to be reflected in the players names, Bobby, Jacky, Johny, Jim, Geoff. So is CP trying to make us a bit up market, or maybe its a residue of a former fans directro that we find CP has brought in

a Dale, a Daryl, two Bradleys - one with a double barrelled name, three Daniels (Danny), Two Leons, not to mention a cedric (albeit that he is french).

We're begining to sound more like the Eton boating club than a football team.

Comments

• As long as they can play football they can be called Rupert & Tarquin for all i care Kap :-0
  • The wife and I arer really struggling to come up with boys names for when our first child is born later this year. I'm hoping to sneak a Charlton-related name past her (if it's a boy) but frankly, SCP is not helping me out much by signing loads of players with the same damn name! I'm quite keen on Daniel though...
  • Daniel is a great name ;)
  • A tip for all prospective parents. If your surname is Head, don't call your son Richard. If it is Kerr don't call him Wayne ( my cousin married a bloke of this name)
  • No he's not 'Working-men' now call their children things like Bradley, Jacob, Daryl. Names which used to mean 'posh' are now common-place where as the number of Chris's, Michael's and Jim's are fewer.
  • Where are the Sids, Regs and Wallys?
  • Where are the Wallys?
    Still playing their home games at Selhurst Park last I heard.
  • We've got more than enough Wally's supporting us Len!
  • The wife and I arer really struggling to come up with boys names for when our first child is born later this year. I'm hoping to sneak a Charlton-related name past her (if it's a boy) but frankly, SCP is not helping me out much by signing loads of players with the same damn name! I'm quite keen on Daniel though...
    I tried to convince mine that our boy should be called Rufus. She was having none of it.

"What if it's a girl?" "Sasa."
  • I'm sure our "shitting in the park" contingent will ensure the influx of prawn sandwich munchers is thankfully kept at bay for now.

Saying that some of the posh birds I know are absolute filth so perhaps it wont be long before Jemima and Tarqs are flocking to the Valley to cheer on the super Haddocks.
  • Sponsored links:

• How is Dale, Daryl and Brad posh names?

Chatham names if ever I'd heard them.
  • As long as we don't get a Tarquin we're safe.
    At least we've still got a Len.
  • Rizzo, Larry is rarely used now, could you start the Larry revival?
  • I knew a Larry when I was a kid and he was a plank so I'm afraid that one's right out.
  • my dad wanted me to be called Lennie after Lennie Lawrence. He now admits that he'd then have to call me judas since he left just after i was born
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9jSAJIDGFQ