Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Most detested Christmas song

Mistletoe & Wine   Cliff (i really can't stand that bloke) Richard

I also absolutely hate the way he sings/pronounces Christian in this song  !!!!

Comments

• Chris Rea - Riding Home For Christmas, really depresses me for some reason.

• Frosty the "firkin" Snowman.

Hope he bloody melts.
  • I know I'll get shot down for this but I hate Fairytale of New York. I'm depressed enough as it is when trawling rounds the shops at christmas i don't need this making the depression worse.
  • Anything Cliff Richard based.
  • I am with you Beds, anything to do with Cliff Richard makes me nauseous.
  • Goodness I've been waiting years for someone else to start this thread!

It HAS to be......The BLOODY-

Fairytale of New York by The Pogues and Kirsty McCall.

What has it got to do with Christmas?

I HATE IT!!!

And always have.

• That East 17 shocker, whatever it's called that's rolled out every year around now.

• Too many to mention!

I HATE IT!!!

And always have.

That's because you have no musical taste. Stick to your Cliff Richard albums  :-)
  • That East 17 shocker, whatever it's called that's rolled out every year around now.

Stay another day ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Anything to do with bloody Christmas........ baah humbug !!

Stay another day ?
    Noooooooooooo I wish you hadn't done that - I was much better off not remembering. :-)

I HATE IT!!!

And always have.

That's because you have no musical taste. Stick to your Cliff Richard albums  :-)
    That's rich coming from you!
  • Do They Know It's Christmas

And there wont be snow in Africa this Christmas time - except on Mount Kilimanjaro and other high peaks.

The greatest gift they'll get this year is life - probably greatest gift for me too.

• i think 'paul mccartneys - simply having a wonderful xmas time' is one of the worst songs ever written

• this going to be a very long thread

mistletoe and wine
    that horrible shakin stevens record
    the millenium prayer
    the gary glitter xmas record we cant speak about anymore
    anything else from Cliff Richard

jeremy clarkson wd have had no problem if that lot were lined up in front of their families

• Mariah Carey - Does my head in, cant stand the bint

Stay another day ?

Yep that'll be the steaming pile of sh...garbage. Got nothing to do with Christmas as far as I can tell but stick a few bells on it, get a bunch of talentless chavs to wander around in dodgy looking parkers warbleing away and hey presto and instant Christmas Classic!

Teenage girls have a lot to answer for musically....

• Every single one of them, except for the Pogues, which is a good song per se.

I HATE IT!!!

And always have.

I am sure it starts with a reference to being Christmas Eve? And I am sure he wishes the woman a happy Christmas in the same verse.  
    How much more christmas-ie can you get? :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Slade and the scary looking bloke with the black hat and beard who is always being played
  • Well, for me it's Do they Know Its Christmas that bloody awful Band Aid thing.  Of course they don't, a lot of them aren't even christians.  For some reason Mad World by Gary Jules is classed as a christmas song, that can get pretty annoying.

My favourite is Inadmissable by Bah and The Humbugs.  Which is an amusing account of Father Christmas trying to get through US Immigration. 

• edited December 2011

• Another vote for Slade here, although pretty much all of the above make my ears bleed. Do people not bother to write Xmas songs anymore? Just seems that as soon as the month of December arrives there is an unofficial rule that only about 7 songs are allowed to be used on the radio, on tv, in shops etc, and East 17 seems to be the most recent one.
  • Rockin' Around The Xmas Tree-Wilde, Smith & Jones...hate the video.

That "badum, badum, badum ba da" one by The Flying F***** Pickets.image 

• the gary glitter xmas record we cant speak about anymore 

That's the annoying thing about Glitter being such a scumbag. I like all that old 70's glam rock stuff but we're never going to hear anything by Glitter anymore because nobody wants to pay him any royalties.
  • the gary glitter xmas record we cant speak about anymore 

That's the annoying thing about Glitter being such a scumbag. I like all that old 70's glam rock stuff but we're never going to hear anything by Glitter anymore because nobody wants to pay him any royalties.

That, and the fact that nobody does want to be in his gang anymore!
  • i think 'paul mccartneys - simply having a wonderful xmas time' is one of the worst songs ever written

Was going to say Cliff Richard but you've unfortunately jogged my memory, it is definitely this one.
  • Well if he plays it at the O2 tonight I'll sing along.
  • I want to be in Gary's Gang!