Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Moan Moan Moan!

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
I'm getting a bit fed up with all the negativity & moaning on here.

We've only played 2 league games for heaven's sake.

What annoys me the most is that many of the people responsible have either never posted, or not done so for ages.
Do you only think of coming on here to moan?

Some people put forward constructive criticism and that's OK, but those simply slagging off the team and writing them off completely is just plain ludicrous. Even if we'd lost heavily, I don't feel it would be justified.

This is a new team. Most of those who got us relegated have left. Slag them off by all means. But those who've stayed and the new guys, please give them a chance. Some of them haven't even had the chance to play yet!

Comments

• Options
    No reason to moan, we looked superb against Stoke, our passing was crisp, we never gave the ball away, we looked solid in defence with Bougarra and McCarthy exceptional, even a top quality fit striker couldn't turn those two.

We look like we have the physical presence to out battle teams too and have enough depth in the squad to cover any defensive injuries.

Oh hang on...
  • Options
    Have to agree jimmy. Some on here must have done their supporter's apprenticeship at Spurs!
  • Options
    Agree entirely Jimmy
  • Options
    everyone is entitled to their opinion, and when you have played two average sides and collected one point, people will see things a different way.

I wasn't at the Scunthorpe game so can't comment. What i saw yesterday may of been clouded by it being such a gloomy journey (though good company !), but to be turned over in the flesh by a very basic, raw outfit, was very, very demoralising.

I'm not being negative, or moaning, but i do remain a little concerned. I saw little yesterday that to me, was just short of clicking and then it will all come together. I think we will improve no doubt, but i don't yet see the potential of a side that goes 8-9 games without dropping a point, like our last Championship side did, and what will be necessary to get in the top two. And something that has dogged us for such a long time, i still don't see a real leader amongst the ranks.

And i'm pretty sure deep down Pardew must have similar concerns if the reason we went from a winning position to losing a game, was because, as stated, a right back got injured.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Have to agree jimmy. Some on here must have done their supporter's apprenticeship at Spurs!

hahaha so true
  • Options
    Jimmy i totally agree with you. We lost our best CB in Diawara just before the season started and against Pards wishes and haven't had time to find a good enough replacement/s. Racon and ZZ arrived late but will be ready soon, as will Varney and Thomas and hopefully Holland and Gibbs. Some people are ignoring the fact that we've actually been able to keep possession of the ball much better and with the added steel that will be added via Racon/ZZ/ new CB we'll soon begin to form a cohesive unit that WILL win many more games than we lose. I was disappointed with yesterday's result but was more saddened to see how early our doom mongers have appeared on the board in the same fashion that the Brum and Sunderland fans did early last season in the wake of their own clubs slow starts. Many more clubs will leave Stoke with little or nothing but within a couple of weeks other clubs will be dreading playing us much more than the side that humbled us in the Potteries. Have faith, we could be Man U fans!
  • Options
    This is what forums are all about, opinions.

So here's mine. We should have stuffed Scunthorpe and we looked a decent side bar the finishing. Yesterday however, we looked very average. Yes, I know it's a difficult place to go but did Stoke really look that good?!

People are spot on to raise concerns about the defence. Moo2 was having a shocker before going off (although he was my MOM against Scunny), Fortune was ok. But we have real problems at CB with Paddy and Bougherra. Hopefully the rumours of us signing a top quality name are true. Magic (?!) looks far too laid back at present and Paddy just looks carthorse/shithouse.

We will get better, a lot better I think, especially when Varney (surely bought as our main man) and ZZ settle into the side again. A period of massive adjustment, but it doesn't mean that the team are above criticism.

Onwards and upwards.
  • Options
    zz and racon will give us the edge back in midfield - ambrose has been anonymous in both league games. But I am with everyone else Bougherra and McCarthy look poor at the moment. Thatcher looks like he couldn't give a toss.

Pards has his work cut out to find a centre half partner for Fortune.
  • Options
    That is the reason of having forums,,,,,,,,,,,,,if we all agreed on the same thing what a boring world it would be, or maybe thats what u want
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]That is the reason of having forums,,,,,,,,,,,,,if we all agreed on the same thing what a boring world it would be

exactimundo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have seen both league games, not the cup outing and personally am not overly worried or deflated. Had the hump for 20 minutes after losing yesterday, which is the usual outcome of a defeat, but then refected on it and still think we have lots to be positive about.

The two league games - outplayed a plucky Scunthorpe who treated the game like a cup tie and we all saw a lot of positives in the reborn Bent, Moutouakil, Semedo and Sam. As for Stoke, anybody who has done a bit of reading in pre-season about this league and the teams within it will know that Stoke is one of the toughest fixtures away from home in the league. Their record at home is excellent, including beating two of the promoted sides Sunderland and Derby and drawing with Birmingham last season. On another day, we'd have bagged a point at least and if we are able to cope as we did with that sort of in your face, battling football for the rest of the season AWAY from home, we'll pick up sufficient points to add to those that we'll mount on our home patch.

Pardew strikes me as a very intelligent football manager and he, like us, will have recognised some weaknesses in one of our new defender's game, which 1) he will work on in training to develop the player and 2) he'll do his best to bring in another option, maybe first choice defender this week to replace what I have no doubt was his first choice centre half Diawara. Does anyone remember Sweaty Balmer's debut at Smelhurst all those years back? Seem to remember a bit a of a poor game and an own goal to boot. Soon developed into a bit of a legend and a player who always gave his all for the club. Point being - early days and a few mistakes early on etc count for little in the longer term. Let's give these newbies time to settle.

Zheng and Varney yet to play and both will add something to the side, energy and a cutting edge. Only ? for me was why didn't Zheng come on in the right back slot yesterday? He has played there in China and don't think it would have phased him at all.

Overall, no worries, Sunderland lost first 4 in this division last year and I seem to remember Birmingham taking a while to settle too, but as the old adage goes cream rises and I don't think you or I will be overly disappointed as the season develops.
  • Options
    i dont think its a case of people moaning, its more a case of people realising there's a flaw in our gameplan...there's a lack of the killer instinct in what we do...we're trying to be pretty all the time in a league where defenders and attackers have tunnel vision and are only 100% committed to a tackle or pop at goal against a team regarded as a big fish in this pond...we need to wise up fast and go for the kill early on...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]i dont think its a case of people moaning, its more a case of people realising there's a flaw in our gameplan...there's a lack of the killer instinct in what we do...we're trying to be pretty all the time in a league where defenders and attackers have tunnel vision and are only 100% committed to a tackle or pop at goal against a team regarded as a big fish in this pond...we need to wise up fast and go for the kill early on...

very good point.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]That is the reason of having forums,,,,,,,,,,,,,if we all agreed on the same thing what a boring world it would be, or maybe thats what u want

For me the reason to have a discussion is to put across reasons and arguments to support your opinion. Very often it leads to people changing their opinions and yes, sometimes, people do end up agreeing. redMurph (above) for example is critical of the team but I think he's made some fair points. I may then change my mind and say that he's right. (And personally, if everyone could agree, I think that would make it a better world, not boring, but that's another discussion point).

Yours and some other people's posts however WIWLB are just slagging off the team with no real thought expressed in it.
    You say you've supported Charlton for 29 years. That means you've had a lot of experience of crap teams. You also know that slagging them off won't help. I just worry about such negativity affecting the team (not from this forum but at the games of course).
  • Options
    turned out nice again,i find the weather a tad on the close side at the moment.
  • Options
    If u are worried over my comments u are bang in trouble,,,,,,,,,,,my comments suggested that the team needed to get amongest it, and live in real world, the team were playing like tossers yesterday, they shoud have took the game to Stoke, and had a go at them, i think a few players bottled it yesteday,,,,,,,,,
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Pavo[/cite]Have seen both league games, not the cup outing and personally am not overly worried or deflated. Had the hump for 20 minutes after losing yesterday, which is the usual outcome of a defeat, but then refected on it and still think we have lots to be positive about.

The two league games - outplayed a plucky Scunthorpe who treated the game like a cup tie and we all saw a lot of positives in the reborn Bent, Moutouakil, Semedo and Sam. As for Stoke, anybody who has done a bit of reading in pre-season about this league and the teams within it will know that Stoke is one of the toughest fixtures away from home in the league. Their record at home is excellent, including beating two of the promoted sides Sunderland and Derby and drawing with Birmingham last season. On another day, we'd have bagged a point at least and if we are able to cope as we did with that sort of in your face, battling football for the rest of the season AWAY from home, we'll pick up sufficient points to add to those that we'll mount on our home patch.

Pardew strikes me as a very intelligent football manager and he, like us, will have recognised some weaknesses in one of our new defender's game, which 1) he will work on in training to develop the player and 2) he'll do his best to bring in another option, maybe first choice defender this week to replace what I have no doubt was his first choice centre half Diawara. Does anyone remember Sweaty Balmer's debut at Smelhurst all those years back? Seem to remember a bit a of a poor game and an own goal to boot. Soon developed into a bit of a legend and a player who always gave his all for the club. Point being - early days and a few mistakes early on etc count for little in the longer term. Let's give these newbies time to settle.

Zheng and Varney yet to play and both will add something to the side, energy and a cutting edge. Only ? for me was why didn't Zheng come on in the right back slot yesterday? He has played there in China and don't think it would have phased him at all.

Overall, no worries, Sunderland lost first 4 in this division last year and I seem to remember Birmingham taking a while to settle too, but as the old adage goes cream rises and I don't think you or I will be overly disappointed as the season develops.

This post sums up what I wanted to say. If anything I would only disagree with the ending. I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed as their expectations are too high.
    AFKA for example talks about a top two finish. I don't see why we should be expecting this. I'd be more than happy with top 6.
  • Options
    we must be humble
  • Options
    When do u start your job on Sky as a pundit
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly aka lucy lou[/cite]turned out nice again,i find the weather a tad on the close side at the moment.

That's just plain rude. As were your comments on the other thread.
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]If u are worried over my comments u are bang in trouble,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

And why am I in trouble?

On second thoughts, don't bother answering. I'm not interested.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    weather forecasting jim can never be rude,making a post on people airing there views under the headline moan moan moan might be considered so.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By:jimmymelrose Yours and some other people's posts however WIWLB are just slagging off the team with no real thought expressed in it.
    You say you've supported Charlton for 29 years. That means you've had a lot of experience of crap teams. You also know that slagging them off won't help. I just worry about such negativity affecting the team (not from this forum but at the games of course).

DOnt worry about my negativity......
  • Options
    Pavo said it for me
  • Options
    its very early on in the season,but we all can have a little whinge.
  • Options
    What worries mr JimmyMelrose is how much you are worrieing about us being be worried........dont worry.....
  • Options
    heres a little song i wrote
  • Options
    keep on topic chaps, if you've nothing to add, don't reply.
  • Options
    stop moaning afka
  • Options
    Sorry Dad :(
  • Options
    Personally I do not think we are the finished product, but that is mainly due to the amount of changes. I expect the team to be thoroughly different in about a month, when the injured players return but mainly because they will have fully gelled.