Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The week that was - 19th August 2000. Charlton 4 Man City 0

2»

Comments

• I have a shocking memory. Was at the game but can't remember anything about it.
  • As usual the Programme can be seen here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/addicks7-6/9551162637

Want to see more Charlton Programmes, then visit

http://www.flickr.com/photos/addicks7-6/sets/
  • I remember the one minutes silence. It seemed like Robbo was on a one mission that day.
  • 20 years today! Wonderful times.
  • Nicky Weaver  :)
  • 20 years ago, FFS
  • We availed ourselves of a colleagues tickets in the West Stand for that game.
    Right behind the away dugout.
    Hubby had quite a heated exchange with Mr Royle & Kennedy kept looking at me & rubbing his legs.
    T’was a funny old game that day 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Great game. I remember before the season started Man City fans saying that they should have been Champions as they had been the better team the previous season. Soon showed them what's what. Also Motty saying that their front 2 had only just joined & when shaking hands before kick-off that they were probably introducing themselves to each other.

Sad to see the difference between the 2 teams now though. Man City being disappointed they didn't make the Champions League semi-final whilst we are drawing Wimbledon & Orient in the FL trophy... 😔
  • I was lucky enough to be there; had a half share in a season ticket as I was living abroad at the time. Andy Hunt was so unfortunate to get a form of chronic fatigue syndrome; he should have had many seasons of goal-scoring in the top division.
  • Lisbie was a revelation that day (without scoring!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Great game. I remember before the season started Man City fans saying that they should have been Champions as they had been the better team the previous season. Soon showed them what's what. Also Motty saying that their front 2 had only just joined & when shaking hands before kick-off that they were probably introducing themselves to each other.

Sad to see the difference between the 2 teams now though. Man City being disappointed they didn't make the Champions League semi-final whilst we are drawing Wimbledon & Orient in the FL trophy... 😔
    We also won the away game 4-1 with a great goal from Jenson where an attempted clearance rebounded off him from 40 yards
  • Can’t believe it’s 20 years ago. 

We had two City fans in front of us in the North Lower. They slunk off as soon as it went to 4-0 to much waving And polite banter. Their parting shot was they’d see us in Manchester. Wish they had as we hammered them again 😂😂
  • I had a season ticket that year, but missed this game because we were on a family holiday in Greece - I must have been 13 years old.

We were staying in the middle of nowhere and you had to walk about 45 minutes to get to the nearest town. My dad and I did the walk, hoping to find some evidence of the result. When we got there it must have been about half an hour after full time, and there was a TV in a bar showing Gillette Soccer Saturday. I genuinely couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the scoreline.

We then noticed there was a chalkboard outside another pub, saying that they'd be showing the whole 90 minutes of Charlton V Man City that evening on their big screen.

But the best part? When it came time to watch the match that evening, a family of Mancs in light blue shirts arrived and asked if we knew the final score. I told them it was 4-0 to Charlton, and they sort of laughed, clearly didn't believe me, then sat down to watch the match.
    They left when Kinsella scored the 3rd...