Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football today?

2»

Comments

• Went to Cray wanderers v Tonbridge thought Wanderers were a bit unlucky to lose that game. Tonbridge didn't look a league above them. Must have been all the x Charlton players in their ranks. Waggy seemed to be having a good time viewing from the clubhouse! 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Just back from Dorking Wanderers. Best performance in years. 3-0 up against league leaders Hemel Hempstead. Should have been 10-0 and that's not even an exaggeration. With half an hour to go a 25 yarder from Hemel made it 3-1. Then what I can only describe as the worst penalty decision in the history of football made it 3-2 (with a built-in red card). Wanderers missed an open goal. Held on for a win. Amazing game really. 
    Ahem.

I posted it was only 9.... :smile:

Let's hope they can repeat the brilliant first half performance every week ! 
  • If my son had not decided to get married today, would have gone to Cray Wanderers in FA cup.
    Congratulations! Hope you’re having a good time x
  • edited October 13
    Ramsgate v Sheppey Utd. Massive game!

Both teams have won every league fixture so far this season. Something has to give.

Ramsgate 5 Sheppey utd 0  

When you expect a close  game between two of the top teams ?

Ramsgate, now 2nd have 5 games in hand on the leaders Beckenham and just 5 points behind.
  • CafcWest said:
    Herne Bay v. Sevenoaks.  Kent Derby.

Herne Bay 3 Sevenoaks 5 

According to my son, Herne Bay were 2 up and crusing when the home keeper had a mad 5 minutes and 2-2 at HT.
    Sevenoaks woke up and a couple of fine strikes for the 4th and 5th sealed a fine away day for ' The Oaks'.
  • Webbja77 said:
    Forest Hill vs stansfeld… watching the boy
    Big pen save and a nice 2-1 win against SE Dons🧤🧤
  • CafcWest said:
    Herne Bay v. Sevenoaks.  Kent Derby.

Herne Bay 3 Sevenoaks 5 

According to my son, Herne Bay were 2 up and crusing when the home keeper had a mad 5 minutes and 2-2 at HT.
    Sevenoaks woke up and a couple of fine strikes for the 4th and 5th sealed a fine away day for ' The Oaks'.
    Yes.  Herne Bay were the better side until the keeper's mad minutes.  He came way out of goal to get the ball then missed it and the ball was crossed over and tapped in.  Then 5-10 minutes later did even worse - came out in an attempt to tackle the Sevenoaks striker and didn't! Leaving an open goal!  Then Sevenoaks confidence went sky high (as they could see the keeper was a liability) and they pretty much dominated the second half with a couple of good long range shots.  A local regular was saying after the game that the keeper was injured even before the start of the game but the manager didn't trust the second choice keeper!
  • Will keep an eye out on the Beckenham v Sittingbourne game probably.
    From the bedroom window?!