Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football today?

Anyone taking in a game anywhere today?

Comments

• Tempted to watch  London v Charlton at Hayes Lane  but the weather doesn't look good
  • If i wasn't in Lanzarote I'd be watching Biggleswade FC v York City in the fourth Round qualifying F.A Cup match.
  • I'd just rather be in Lanzarote...🤷‍♂️
    Oh given the choice i'd definitely prefer to be here!
  • Chertsey Town v Sutton in the FA Cup
  • I'd just rather be in Lanzarote...🤷‍♂️
    Oh given the choice i'd definitely prefer to be here!
    Enjoy 👍
  • flamingo Park for Cray wanderes chance to get to the fa cup 1st round foe the first time in history. should br a great day. 
  • Dorking Wanderers playing at home vs Top of the league Hemel Hempstead… been following “Bunch of Amateurs” for a pretty long while on YouTube so may go down see how they get on.
  • Probably not. My favourite non-league team, Canvey Island, are away to Bognor Regis. If I'd thought of it in advance that would have made a nice day out with a trip to Pagham Lagoon thrown in, but I didn't so I've left it a bit late.  My local side, Great Wakering Rovers, are away to Hullbridge Sports which doesn't inspire at all. From what I remember from previous visits it's a pretty soulless ground. 
  • Forest Hill vs stansfeld… watching the boy
  • Sponsored links:

• Dulwich Hamlet v Hastings Utd followed by a Delta Blues gig in nearby Herne Hill.
  • Dorking Wanderers playing at home vs Top of the league Hemel Hempstead… been following “Bunch of Amateurs” for a pretty long while on YouTube so may go down see how they get on.
    Great stuff ! Give the Wanderers a shout from the Fanackapans please.

Our son has a season tkt so will be there this afternoon.

Hope to be watching via a stream if we can find one. 
  • Maidstone v Ebbsfleet for me. COYS
  • Herne Bay v. Sevenoaks.  Kent Derby.
  • edited October 13
    Tempted to watch  London v Charlton at Hayes Lane  but the weather doesn't look good

It's tomorrow Henry at 2 PM, between the London City Lionesses and Charlton and the weather is looking ok.

The owner of London CL is Michele Kang and owns Lyons, France and Washington Spirit USA and is determined to achieve WSL status, since taking over in December 2023.

£13 for Adults and £9 tomorrow at Ben Hayes lane, Bromley. Prices are going up in Womens football as wages go up which is the same in the Mens game.

The bar is being raised in Women's football and it will be difficult for CAFC women long term to reach and stay in the WSL without the same financial clout of London City Lionesses and their ambitious owner.
  • I briefly thought of going to Cray Wanderers today, but there will people going to that whom I do not want to meet again, due to issues I encountered with them via my job in the past + the weather is a bit crap

I might walk over and watch Dartford - only 5 mins walk from my house, however I have the Superbikes at Brands on the telly, and it’s just started raining there, so likely coming our way 
  • Maidstone v Ebbsfleet for me. COYS
    Me too mate and I too will be cheering on (my local team) the mighty Stones. 
  • Sileby rangers v st Noets if the weather it's too bad. 
  • Ramsgate v Sheppey Utd. Massive game!

Both teams have won every league fixture so far this season. Something has to give.
  • This evening Belarus vs Northern Ireland on a neutral ground in Hungary live on ViaPlay's YouTube channel!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 12
    Austin FC v Colorado Rapids - last game of the season
  • Crsy Wanderers v Tonbridge. FA Cup
  • Will keep an eye out on the Beckenham v Sittingbourne game probably.
  • Cheltenham v Swindon for me, Cheltenham season ticket since moved to the Cotswolds 9 years ago
  • 2-2 in the Beckenham game.  Sittingbourne fans have a drum and make some noise, they equalised near the end.  Decent game from the half of the pitch I can see.
  • Great performance by DW against the league leaders. 

All over the opposition in the 1st half , then 3-0 up on 55 mins. Should have scored at least 9..honestly ! REALLY was like watching Brazil. 

Then Hemel made 4 subs at halftime & got back into the game with 2 - first a very special strike, 2nd a pen with Dorking down to 10 men.

Good defending, a touch of good fortune and another golden opportunity to make it 4-2, but the Wanderers held on for a deserved 3 pts. 

Onwards & upwards ! 
  • Ferryman said:
    This evening Belarus vs Northern Ireland on a neutral ground in Hungary live on ViaPlay's YouTube channel!
    Don’t have too much fun!
  • Cray Valley PM 2 Chichester City 1, monsoon first half, seem to have spent last season's unexpected bonus well
  • If my son had not decided to get married today, would have gone to Cray Wanderers in FA cup.